Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Winner and Margin

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Winner and Margin
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2016, 12:05:36 PM »
Spell check could have been your friend about 53 times.  But, through all that 5th grade jibberish, I get what you're saying. As for entitlement....here's part of what Trump will be governing.  foxnews

Liberal students across the nation watched in shock as Donald Trump clinched victory from Hillary Clinton to become the 45th president of the United States.

But some wiped their tears, and pulled themselves together enough to ask their professors to cancel their exams because they were so upset by the results.

And one Yale economics professor heard the cry, and decided to protect his snowflake charges by making the test optional.

— Jon Victor (@jon_victor_) November 9, 2016
He wrote to them saying: “I am getting many heartfelt notes from students who are in shock over the election returns” and “fear, rightly or wrongly for their families” and are “requesting that the exam be postponed.”

It isn’t clear who the professor was, but Yale publishes a list of its economics faculty members here.

John Victor, editor of the Yale News, published the extraordinary message, and noted that many more snowflake students were demanding similar treatment.

Well, to be fair I typed that for him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2016, 12:09:39 PM »
First of all, I need some hot sauce for this crow.

A small part of me thought a Brexit thing might be brewing, especially in the home stretch. Whoever said it earlier, I think they're right that enough of America was using this as a giant middle finger to being constantly looked down at and condescended to and called bigots over innocuous shit, etc. and had had enough.

Part of me thinks it's hilarious that Hillary Clinton couldn't even beat the guy we all thought might be shilling for her, he was such a ridiculously bad candidate. And smiles thinking of Lena Dunham crying her eyes out about the patriarchy.

But then there's another side of me that thinks we might have just done a very bad thing in the long-haul. Our president is now an overt asshole who can't string two intelligible sentences together. I can't see how that bodes well for our standing in the world.

I'm not cheering for him to fail. I hope my concerns are unfounded. It kind of scares me that he has complete free reign with the congress and Supreme Court in place. I know a lot of you think this is great, but I don't think there's a lot of traditionally conservative principles he's standing for. I can hope all day that the Rubios and Ryans and Pauls and Scotts etc. will stand up to him on principles if he gets out of line. I somehow sincerely doubt it though. I suspect they sell out to his every whim. I hope not.

No hard feelings.  Except toward Dallas. 

I'm neither lying nor stupid. 

Now I'll tell you why the bolded part shouldn't concern you.  I've told you this before but I'll lay it out again. 

Trump is a smarter guy than you imagine him to be.  He's not "political" as we know that word to be and he's a bit of a narcissist.  He reminds me very much of Gene Simmons, honestly, in that way. 

The reason you don't need to worry is that he's going to surround himself with quality people. 

Rudy Giuliani was arguably the greatest mayor in the history of New York City.  The positive change he brought to that town will persist for generations.  He's going to be very involved. 

Newt Gingrich is a bit of an ass, but he's a good politician and knows the ropes.  He'll have a place.

Pence is stronger than most of us realized (except at 3 a.m. when he looks like a very tired owl). 

You'll see Trump reach out to Rubio, Cruz, Carson and all the people from the primary battles and try to build those bridges. 

Because he's a businessman first, he will absolutely LISTEN to the people he chooses to advise him.  He'll also listen to the opposite side.  He won't rule like a dictator -- which is something she definitely would have done. 

His economic strategy will be top down.  Let businesses build so they can hire people and strengthen the economy.  It works.

His policy strategy will be bottom up.  Listen to all sides, consult with those he trusts and use that information to make informed decisions.   That works too. 

I'd be lying if I said that when the election was called I didn't sit there for a second and go "well, what now..."    I know for a fact (remember that word?) though, that whatever he does will be better than anything she would have.  She would have been an abomination.

I'm right about this. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2016, 12:13:17 PM »
First of all, I need some hot sauce for this crow.

A small part of me thought a Brexit thing might be brewing, especially in the home stretch. Whoever said it earlier, I think they're right that enough of America was using this as a giant middle finger to being constantly looked down at and condescended to and called bigots over innocuous shit, etc. and had had enough.

Part of me thinks it's hilarious that Hillary Clinton couldn't even beat the guy we all thought might be shilling for her, he was such a ridiculously bad candidate. And smiles thinking of Lena Dunham crying her eyes out about the patriarchy.

But then there's another side of me that thinks we might have just done a very bad thing in the long-haul. Our president is now an overt asshole who can't string two intelligible sentences together. I can't see how that bodes well for our standing in the world.

I'm not cheering for him to fail. I hope my concerns are unfounded. It kind of scares me that he has complete free reign with the congress and Supreme Court in place. I know a lot of you think this is great, but I don't think there's a lot of traditionally conservative principles he's standing for. I can hope all day that the Rubios and Ryans and Pauls and Scotts etc. will stand up to him on principles if he gets out of line. I somehow sincerely doubt it though. I suspect they sell out to his every whim. I hope not.

As I said earlier, I can only hope he puts the brash façade in the trash and becomes the negotiator/businessman he built his "empire" or whatever you want to call it, on.  Measured responses to all issues with compromise at the heart of everything is the key in IMO.  The compromise, he can do.  Thought out, measured responses?  Not so much.  We'll see.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2016, 12:17:47 PM »
As I said earlier, I can only hope he puts the brash façade in the trash and becomes the negotiator/businessman he built his "empire" or whatever you want to call it, on.  Measured responses to all issues with compromise at the heart of everything is the key in IMO.  The compromise, he can do.  Thought out, measured responses?  Not so much.  We'll see.

I haven't looked (lazy) but how are the house and senate looking after this?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

jmar

« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2016, 12:28:31 PM »
 :rimshot:
Then how will I ever keep supporting your wife and my kids?
:rimshot:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2016, 12:55:40 PM »
I can hope all day that the Rubios and Ryans and Pauls and Scotts etc. will stand up to him on principles if he gets out of line.

I actually believe that this has a better than even shot of happening.  He can only give the middle finger so much before there have to be concessions from all sides.  What he did was amazing.  Not because he is amazing but because he energized enough people to help him give a big fuck you to everybody.  I think this serves as something to point to by all people on all sides (except maybe the extremes of both sides) whereby they can say "look here fuckfaces of the RNC and DNC, if you don't give me good options and try to find some amount of common ground this will happen again."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2016, 12:57:45 PM »
I haven't looked (lazy) but how are the house and senate looking after this?

Republicans have both
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2016, 01:05:41 PM »
Really hoping for this too. I have seen zero reason to believe that to be true, but again, hoping to be wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2016, 01:05:59 PM »
I guess I just don't understand how some people, both here and in this great country of ours, can't disagree without calling each other names. It is ok to disagree...why the fuck does it always become personal?
FUCK YOU AND YOUR GOD DAMN BACKWARDS HAT!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jmar

« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2016, 01:13:36 PM »
Do rag okay which ya?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2016, 02:38:35 PM »

He starts waving a towel and we might need to take some action.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2016, 04:03:40 PM »
Saw this and thought it was pretty good.  Don't agree on all of it but a large part of it is spot on IMO.

https://medium.com/@trentlapinski/dear-democrats-read-this-if-you-do-not-understand-why-trump-won-5a0cdb13c597#.ade7d8iw5

Dear Democrats, Read This If You Do Not Understand Why Trump Won
Trump Is What Happens When You Nominate A Cheater and Live In An Echo Chamber—Please Learn From This

Did you read Wikileaks?

Well, you should have.

The “conspiracies” were true, and the mainstream media lied to you to about everything.
Wikileaks was not Russian propaganda, it was the news.

Wikileaks has a 10-year record of never releasing a single falsified document, and is not connected to Russia. Everything they released were the actual e-mails of Hillary Clinton and her campaign staff. You had the opportunity to look through a window into the Hillary Clinton campaign, but you didn’t.

By ignoring the leaks, you ignored reality.

By not listening to your fellow Americans, and accusing them of being “conspiracy theorists” and trusting the corporate media, you ignored reality. By only following other liberals on social media, and only reading liberal or corporate news, once again ignoring reality. When Hillary Clinton was caught rigging the primary against Bernie Sanders, and Democrats nominated her anyway they ignored reality.

Everyone was simply insulating themselves within their own echo chamber ignoring anything outside their bubble.
The Media Lied To Us About EVERYTHING

If you’ve been following my Twitter or Facebook account during this 2016 election you probably would have thought I was a Trump supporter. However, I am a former registered Democrat, a Bernie supporter, and consider myself a progressive libertarian. This was the first election I ended up voting 3rd party, but my second choice was Trump. I simply could not vote for Hillary Clinton because of her mishandling of classified information, and stealing the nomination from the people’s choice Bernie Sanders.

Hillary never should have been nominated in the first place. The first clue was when she was under FBI investigation, and the second clue was when she rigged the primary elections.

In an attempt to inform my friends, family, and followers I posted dozens if not hundreds of Wikileaks e-mails, and tweeted alt-right news just as much as I did liberal news. I did this because most of my followers are liberals, and I realized they were all living in an echo chamber on social media where they were not being exposed to differing opinions or news. I was mostly rejected by liberals for doing this, they didn’t understand why I was sharing things that made them uncomfortable, but now they know why. Ironically, I got far more support from Trump supporters for trying to tell Democrats the truth. I wasn’t expecting that.

I took it upon myself to understand Trump, and his supporters. What I found was millions of great Americans who had been disenfranchised, normal people like you and I, who did not recover from the Great Recession. They’re pissed off about Obama Care, endless wars, trade deals that have killed jobs, higher taxes, a rigged economy–and, they are not wrong.

Had Democrats taken the concerns of average American seriously, especially the concerns of Millennials, they would have quickly realized Hillary Clinton was not the right nominee for the Democratic party in 2016.
Bernie Sanders Would Have Beat Trump

I 100% believe Bernie Sanders could have created a political revolution to beat Trump, but instead we’re getting Trump’s revolution.

The reason Hillary Clinton did not win this election is because she never should have been nominated in the first place. There was a better choice.

Democrats let Hillary hijack the DNC, and use her corporate money to push everyone around. Meanwhile, she used Correct The Record to poison the minds of people online into isolating themselves with paid Hillary trolls. Had Democrats paid attention to the leaks they would have seen the mountain of evidence that told the world that Hillary rigged the primaries against Bernie Sanders, and was illegally coordinating with Super PACs like CTR. She should have been disqualified. The evidence is on Wikileaks.org.

Meanwhile, the media, and social media kept everyone ignorant and isolated from differing opinions. They lied to us, manipulated us, and made us think the rest of the country agreed with us, when they didn’t. They used their position of authority to mislead us into believing in a false reality—in propaganda.

This is the problem with America today, the technology that was supposed to bring us together actually isolated us into echo chambers and drove us further apart.

Getting the news from just your friends is a logical fallacy, you need to know your enemies, and realize they’re not much different from yourself.
There Is Good News

While you weren’t paying attention, Trump is actually a former Democrat. If you study his actual values he has far more in common with traditional moderate or liberal values than he does a traditional conservative. In fact, Trump may even be more liberal than Hillary Clinton on several issues.

The media prevented any kind of discussion on values, and instead focused on rhetoric and propaganda. So most Americans who immediately defaulted to what the media and Clinton campaign told them never took the time to actually get to know Donald Trump. They just watched the jokes on SNL, and corporate media blindly without considering other sources. While I’m still unsure about Trump myself, we at least know politically he’s actually a New York Democrat in Republican clothing (this is why the Republican establishment rejected him).

You also need to consider Donald Trump just overthrew a group of political elites who have been ruling this country for decades. He just beat the political establishment singlehandedly. No matter what you think about him personally, he just accomplished something historic to become our President.

At the end of the day, this is an opportunity to learn and grow and consider another world view. This is a wakeup call to get out of safe spaces, politically correct thinking, shatter echo chambers, and challenge yourself to consider the other side of the fence. This is an opportunity to reach out and truly learn to understand each other.

We all have to come together to solve any real problems with our country in the next 4-years. This election was a lesson to consider all ideas equally, regardless of established authority.

We need to come together and move forward together.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2016, 04:11:24 PM »
Republicans have both

fucking a.   :thumsup:  I fully expect them not to do shit and fuck it up in two years.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2016, 08:19:42 PM »
The reason you don't need to worry is that he's going to surround himself with quality people. 
My wife and I were discussing this a few hours ago.  You don't have to be the smartest person in the room, as long as you surround yourself with those that are smart.  And I think he knows that he has to do that.  Some of his ideas are very raw but his cabinet will help him refine those ideas and make it work for America.  That's my hope, anyway. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2016, 08:51:21 PM »
My wife and I were discussing this a few hours ago.  You don't have to be the smartest person in the room, as long as you surround yourself with those that are smart.  And I think he knows that he has to do that.  Some of his ideas are very raw but his cabinet will help him refine those ideas and make it work for America.  That's my hope, anyway.
You mean someone smart like Sarah Palin...smh
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2016, 09:08:06 PM »
You mean someone smart like Sarah Palin...smh

She's smarter than you. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2016, 09:22:26 PM »
http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2016/11/klan_will_hold_trumps_promises.html

Donald Trump did not drop those fliers on the street in Birmingham. The Klan did. And Donald Trump did not, as they say, approve the message. But he is president elect now, and the message those fliers sent is strong.

His message – if he is really going to lead this country – must be stronger.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2016, 09:27:49 PM »
http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2016/11/klan_will_hold_trumps_promises.html

That shit's been going on in Alabama for the last few years.  Before Donald was in this election.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2016, 09:30:29 PM »
That shit's been going on in Alabama for the last few years.  Before Donald was in this election.
I quoted those selected lines for a reason. He no longer needs to pander to those shitbags. You can argue that he never did. I disagree. The Klan didn't just pick him at random to believe he supports their agenda. He's the president of the United States of America now. If there's any chance we keep our shit together with him at the helm, he needs to start coming out and explicitly disavowing shit like this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2016, 09:38:52 PM »
I quoted those selected lines for a reason. He no longer needs to pander to those shitbags. You can argue that he never did. I disagree. The Klan didn't just pick him at random to believe he supports their agenda. He's the president of the United States of America now. If there's any chance we keep our shit together with him at the helm, he needs to start coming out and explicitly disavowing shit like this.

Show me violence against black people by the KKK in the name of Donald Trump, I agree.  We can't possibly expect the man to comment on every single dumbass who does something racist while attaching his name to it. 

If I woke up in the morning and I had a brochure in my yard from the black panthers with Obama's name in it somehow, it would be insane for me to expect him to address the issue. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions