Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Who-Lee-Oh/So Shoot Me

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Who-Lee-Oh/So Shoot Me
« on: October 13, 2016, 10:44:25 PM »
I'm an Atlanta Falcons fan.  Grew up right here in the south when the only teams even remotely close to me were Miami and New Orleans. Like the Braves, they were in your region of the country.  Atlanta teams are mine by adoption.  Been to Falcons, Braves and Hawks games.  Win, lose, kill it or suck, I follow ATL teams.  Very few fans on here.  I get it.  That's fine.  And probably fewer Julio Jones fans, for obvious reasons.  I get that too.

But, I have watched that guy as a professional in person the past 2 years and first off, the numbers speak for themselves.  300 receiving yards 2 weeks ago.  Sick, sick stats last year and so far this year.  He is an absolute freak of an athlete in person.  One of those you walk in the stadium and go..."Yep, that's Julio."  But you can hate him for where he came from.  I totally get that.

Earlier, SEC Network had a piece on him where the interviewer went fishing on Lake Lanier with Jones.  Yeah, he loves fishing but now, he can pay for it.  No boosters required.  Rarely do you see the down to earth humble nature of a pro athlete of that caliber.  Very direct questions. 

Many people talk about the freakish catch over Luke Kuechly. What did you think about the significance of that catch?

Just a normal catch.  We practice every day on catching the ball over defenders at the high point.  That's what the coaches preach.

When people talk about the great receivers in the game, it's always Antonio Brown or Dez Bryant or Odell Beckham, Jr.  How does that make you feel?

It's fine.  My goal is to do the things to make me better so I help the team succeed.

I know the guy went to Bama.  I know he got paid.  I'm cynical enough to know how much it goes on everywhere.  Once they get in the pros, I don't give a damn.  This guy has convinced me.  If you get a chance to see this segment on SEC Network, I highly encourage you to watch.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Who-Lee-Oh/So Shoot Me
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 10:58:30 PM »
Fuck that mogwai looking fuck. 

(Did I get that right?)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 11:49:23 PM »

(Did I get that right?)

I miss his long hair! He reminded me of a black Wendy!

But the dude can ball. And still has a set of wheels. This offense just might put him over the top. He gets a lot of double teams though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 10:04:35 AM »

(Did I get that right?)

That said, he is one of those that even while still at Foley, you knew the guy was pro material. He was just that good. Much like Calvin Johnson. Or Adrian Peterson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 07:20:22 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 08:24:23 PM »
That said, he is one of those that even while still at Foley, you knew the guy was pro material. He was just that good. Much like Calvin Johnson. Or Adrian Peterson.

Actually, the only time I saw him play was in the playoff game against Prattville. He didn't do squat. They lost. But PHS had a really good defense that year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 09:23:13 PM »

Actually, the only time I saw him play was in the playoff game against Prattville. He didn't do squat. They lost. But PHS had a really good defense that year.

Uncle Rico errrrboddy
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2016, 09:36:43 PM »
Uncle Rico errrrboddy

Blake Chortles
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 09:01:45 PM »
Uncle Rico errrrboddy

Don't be upset cause you ain't from a winning tradishun!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2016, 09:17:23 PM »

I always knew you were a closet Bammer.  It finally comes out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2016, 09:50:02 PM »

You're right. No clue on winning at any level.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Token

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2016, 09:58:19 PM »
I always knew you were a closet Bammer.  It finally comes out.

Oh you haven't been paying attention in SGA. I figured this shit out long ago.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2016, 10:46:11 PM »
Oh you haven't been paying attention in SGA. I figured this shit out long ago.

You got me!

Go Julio. Roh tahd!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2016, 11:22:19 PM »
Go Seahawks. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2016, 09:54:41 AM »
Go Seahawks.

The Dirty Birds are coming to steal your lunch money.

Is that the first time in the history of the NFL that Falcons smack talk happened?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2016, 10:43:37 AM »
The Dirty Birds are coming to steal your lunch money.

Is that the first time in the history of the NFL that Falcons smack talk happened?

No, I still have nightmares of the dirty birds.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2016, 07:33:55 PM »
Whooleeo's drop may have done the birds in!

And it did. Gotta catch the ball with the game on the line. Up by 1 with 4:00 left and he lets one bounce off his hands for an INT.

Birds still got a good team though!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 07:44:02 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2016, 09:06:45 PM »
Whooleeo's drop may have done the birds in!

And it did. Gotta catch the ball with the game on the line. Up by 1 with 4:00 left and he lets one bounce off his hands for an INT.

Birds still got a good team though!

Yep.  A little blame to Ryan too.  Led him a bit too far with a Nolan Ryan heater.  Still, gotta' make that catch.  Had no chance to make the very last one with Sherman pulling his right arm behind him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions