Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Star Wars: Rogue One

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Star Wars: Rogue One
« on: October 09, 2016, 12:41:38 PM »
Wasn't really interested in the least and actually sighed/eye rolled when I heard it was coming out. 

The more I see of the trailers, though?  This may be the Star Wars I wanted when I got the shitty Phantom Menace/Attack of the Clones/Revenge of the Sith trilogy and the overlong and tepid Force Awakens sorta-reboot. 

It's not tethered to advancing or honoring the past.  It's a separate story with new characters,. Yeah, it will probably tangentially touch the other six films, but it's not bound by them. 

The performances by Rey and the black guy in Force Awakens were so hokey and terrible.  Nerd Vader Solo was such a weak puss villain. 

This is going to be  much better.  I'm actually looking forward to it now.  I won't get anybody to go with me though.  I'm the only one left in my circle of friends and family who has any affinity left for Star Wars. 

Plus?  Felicity Jones is pretty cute.  Better than the chick in Force Awakens.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 01:01:33 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Star Wars: Rogue One
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 09:32:55 AM »
Spoiler Alert: They successfully steal the plans, the plans eventually get to the Rebels, the Rebel destroy the first Death Star.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 09:46:51 AM »
New trailer dropped this morning:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 09:50:47 AM »
I won't get anybody to go with me though.  I'm the only one left in my circle of friends and family who has any affinity left for Star Wars. 

Where did you see the original? And with whom?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 09:58:05 AM »
Where did you see the original? And with whom?

Like the 1977 version?  I was 12 so...  Movie theater downtown where I lived.  Saturday matinee.  Can't remember whether I saw it first with my parents or with some of the people I went to school with.  I saw it at least three times, though.  By Empire Strikes Back, I was taking dates.  I'll try to look that girl up, but I think she's married and lives in Wisconsin or something. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 10:03:58 AM »
I hate Disney, but I love them for buying this franchise
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 10:09:00 AM »
Like the 1977 version?  I was 12 so...  Movie theater downtown where I lived.  Saturday matinee.  Can't remember whether I saw it first with my parents or with some of the people I went to school with.  I saw it at least three times, though.  By Empire Strikes Back, I was taking dates.  I'll try to look that girl up, but I think she's married and lives in Wisconsin or something.

I was 11. My dad took me. I think guys our age remember that first time and hold on to that nostalgia.

I may not like the story, actors, or feel of the new movies, but I go because of that nostalgia. Watching any of them brings back that feeling.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 10:46:11 AM »
I was 11. My dad took me. I think guys our age remember that first time and hold on to that nostalgia.

I may not like the story, actors, or feel of the new movies, but I go because of that nostalgia. Watching any of them brings back that feeling.

That feeling where you'd do anything to bone her.

That's a special kind of feeling Loyd.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 10:56:07 AM »
That feeling where you'd do anything to bone her.

That's a special kind of feeling Loyd.
:woodcock:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 10:58:51 AM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2016, 10:59:00 AM »
Was 16 when it came out.  Took a date.  I think the ride home ended the relationship because instead of paying attention to her, I was using every switch, knob and lever in the car to pretend I was one of the Jedi Knights attacking the Death Star.  Snags, you're too low.  Pull up. 

Pew Pew Pew

Watch the guy at 2:00 O'clock.  Pew Pew
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2016, 11:00:38 AM »
Was 16 when it came out.  Took a date.  I think the ride home ended the relationship because instead of paying attention to her, I was using every switch, knob and lever in the car to pretend I was one of the Jedi Knights attacking the Death Star.  Snags, you're too low.  Pull up. 

Pew Pew Pew

Watch the guy at 2:00 O'clock.  Pew Pew

Since you are old, what 60s model car were you driving?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2016, 11:21:02 AM »

I will throw a knife-edge chop to your larynx, Mister.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2016, 12:49:41 PM »
I will throw a knife-edge chop to your larynx, Mister.

Got it. Horse and buggy!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2016, 01:01:51 PM »
Got it. Horse and buggy!

Oh please.  I haven't driven one of those since I was 12...or 13. Maybe for a bit when I was 14. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2016, 02:30:21 PM »

I was 16/17 when it first came out.

It was in black and white.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2016, 02:37:04 PM »
I was 16/17 when it first came out.

It was in black and white.
That was only the storm troopers!

What kind of horse and buggy did you drive? (since snags won't tell us)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2016, 02:42:01 PM »

1965 Ford Mustang. Metallic blue. 289 V8. No air.  Modified to rock a pioneer 8track with blaupunkt speakers in the rear window.

Had 120 on the speedometer and would flat do that plus. There were two cars I lost to running the mile straightaway out of town. Awesome because at the end of the mile the four lane narrowed to a two lane so there was never any doubt who won.  Lost to a Ford ltd that had been a police vehicle and lost to a damn el Camino that had been modified. Out ran a number of camaros, trans ams and 280z's.  Had a more difficult time taking down Chevy trucks than I did those rides.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2016, 03:13:12 PM »
You guys are old.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2016, 03:40:17 PM »
That was only the storm troopers!

What kind of horse and buggy did you drive? (since snags won't tell us)

The keenest one of course.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2016, 04:26:16 PM »

The keenest one of course.

That has some serious horsepower
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions