Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

If I do not stand for the national anthem...

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: If I do not stand for the national anthem...
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2016, 11:31:46 AM »
We're just going to disagree about that.  I don't think Jon Stewart or Colbert or Bill Mahr or any of the people you swear by are brilliant or genius.  I think they are smarmy assholes who are about as wrong as anybody can be about most topics. 

I also find South Park to be crass, vulgar and sacreligious.  I've tried to watch it a few times and I feel like I need to go to church 15 minutes in.  It offends my sensibilities (not an easy thing to do) no matter how "awesome" you think it is.
Link to where I said Stewart, Colbert, Maher are brilliant or geniuses.

I respect(ed) what they do, but South Park is next level. And they clearly attack things from the right, which is unique and rare in mainstream comedy. If you don't like South Park, you should like South Park given your politics. You very obviously have the entirely wrong idea about what the show even is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2016, 12:11:15 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2016, 12:42:31 PM »
I love Southpark. And Godfather.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2016, 02:15:11 PM »
I also find South Park to be crass, vulgar and sacreligious.  I've tried to watch it a few times and I feel like I need to go to church 15 minutes in.  It offends my sensibilities (not an easy thing to do) no matter how "awesome" you think it is.
I could be wrong, but I don't remember them tackling religion (at least not the only one you would have been upset about, yours) in like 15 years at least. Scientology, Islam, Mormonism, maybe Catholicism? A couple of episodes out of the nearly 300 deal with those.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2016, 02:26:31 PM »
I'm no South Park aficionado, but out of the ones I've seen, the Michael Jackson (Jefferson) episode is some top shelf humor.  They just punish MJ.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2016, 03:49:32 PM »
I can appreciate that some people don't like their humor in the adult cartoon platform, but Southpark has gone harder at the left wing/liberal/PC crowd than anyone I've seen.  Really they attack everything stupid in this country. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2016, 03:51:44 PM »
Also, lil Wayne is getting hammered for saying he's never dealt with racism in his entire life and believes the mellinials are slowly bringing racism to a halt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2016, 03:57:53 PM »
I can appreciate that some people don't like their humor in the adult cartoon platform, but Southpark has gone harder at the left wing/liberal/PC crowd than anyone I've seen.  Really they attack everything stupid in this country.

Prolly, why they have been on so long and have very bright future to continue.

Would they dare take on BLM?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2016, 04:53:38 PM »

Prolly, why they have been on so long and have very bright future to continue.

Would they dare take on BLM?
As I mentioned, they did in episode one of this season, and forshadowed that it's going to be the central focus of the season. That picture Godfather posted is not one of his famous photofarks, btw. That's from the episode.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2016, 05:06:59 PM »
As I mentioned, they did in episode one of this season, and forshadowed that it's going to be the central focus of the season. That picture Godfather posted is not one of his famous photofarks, btw. That's from the episode.

I need to go back and start watching then, I had quit a few years ago as I thought the topics had gotten stale. Besides in a couple of months it will be time for:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2016, 05:14:22 PM »
I need to go back and start watching then, I had quit a few years ago as I thought the topics had gotten stale. Besides in a couple of months it will be time for:

You can watch them all here.

http://southpark.cc.com/full-episodes

Like I said, I recommend starting with Season 18 to catch up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2016, 05:30:29 PM »
You can watch them all here.

http://southpark.cc.com/full-episodes

Like I said, I recommend starting with Season 18 to catch up.

Thanks, I'll start tonight, I'm gonna check on- demand first.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2016, 06:52:29 AM »
To go along with hazing...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/14/politics/marine-recruit-death/index.html

"making them do activities from stress positions."  Shit, I guess I was hazed multiple times a day.

WHAT THE FUCK, over? 

We already have an Air Force.  Chesty is rolling in his grave. 

The wash out rate of Marine boot camp is about 12% which is significantly lower than what it was when I was in.  At least in our cycle.  (We started with 106 in the platoon and graduated 64)  Not sure about the other three platoons in training cycle but I think it was about the same)  This tells me that we are already letting a lot more folks through that would not have made it. 
Awwwww, little baby got put in a dryer. 
There was a laying of hands on someone?  Get out of here! 
Fuck I'm glad I live on a hill with a good fields of fire. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 06:55:32 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2016, 09:08:46 AM »
Circling back to the original topic. 

Did anyone see the interview with the leather-faced, bieberrry soccer lesbian bitch who refused to stand for the anthem while playing for the NATIONAL team in an international competition?

What a clueless, entitled mommy part drizzle.  If she's unwilling to stand for the anthem while representing the country, she should be removed from the fucking team. 

Also saw a poll where 31% of the country supports people like her and Cumperdink.  Getting rid of all of them would be a good start to solving some of the overcrowding problems.  There are plenty of places in the world they can go.  In six months they'd be dead because they can't support themselves and don't have the government to bail them out.  Or they'd be begging to be allowed to come back and would agree to worship the flag and sing the anthem at the top of their lungs. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2016, 11:35:38 PM »
Before the end of this season I will wager that some college team will demand that that SSB is no longer played or they won't play.  And the University will cave.  I fully expect the WBNA to in act that also.
Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Hell, the band of one University said they were going to sit. I believe one of the ESPN channels decided to not show that game. For Kaepernik he is expressing one of the freedoms that we have, I don't necessarily agree with him and I stand at attention for the anthem. I don't agree that he needs to leave for exercising his rights, because that's what I and other men and women helped fight for...the freedom to do just that. I've yet to hear him say that he hates it here, so with that in mind, maybe he feels his protest will bring awareness to the issue. I honestly don't think it's a race issue, but maybe more of a lack of proper training, recruitment, or lack of diagnosing PTSD in some officers...I don't know. I will say, it has gotten people to talk about it.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 11:58:14 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #96 on: October 06, 2016, 12:50:49 AM »
Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Hell, the band of one University said they were going to sit. I believe one of the ESPN channels decided to not show that game. For Kaepernik he is expressing one of the freedoms that we have, I don't necessarily agree with him and I stand at attention for the anthem. I don't agree that he needs to leave for exercising his rights, because that's what I and other men and women helped fight for...the freedom to do just that. I've yet to hear him say that he hates it here, so with that in mind, maybe he feels his protest will bring awareness to the issue. I honestly don't think it's a race issue, but maybe more of a lack of proper training, recruitment, or lack of diagnosing PTSD in some officers...I don't know. I will say, it has gotten people to talk about it.

The only thing it has done is bring people to talk about his right to disrespect the flag and those who fought and died to protect his right to be an asshole, who is only doing this for the pussy.  Fuck Colon Kraperdink and everything he's done to further divide this country. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #97 on: October 06, 2016, 12:57:33 AM »
The only thing it has done is bring people to talk about his right to disrespect the flag and those who fought and died to protect his right to be an asshole, who is only doing this for the pussy.  Fuck Colon Kraperdink and everything he's done to further divide this country.

Hear hear. And the prick you responded to!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #98 on: October 06, 2016, 10:37:27 AM »

My feelings on this might shock you, I have given a lot for this country, served, been away from family members, been in countries that I could not even pronounce.

He has a right to do what he his doing.

Now on the other side I have the right to not piss on him if he was on fire. He a douche of the highest order. I see where little league teams are now kneeling before games cause their coaches want to protest, folks like that are simply making this a black and white issue. If I was the coach of the other team I would pull my team from the game, yes, forfeit. They don't want to respect the flag, I have rights too.

Come February if I am at an event and they want the crowd the stand to honor something in black history month.

I am going to plop dead on my ass and hope I get others to follow.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #99 on: October 06, 2016, 11:02:12 AM »
I say again, that what Kraperdink has started, has done zero to make race relations better and only served to widen the divide in this country.  To be clear, no one can really question his, or anyone else's right to "protest" in that manner.  However, people need to understand and recognize that the manner in which he has chosen to do so is highly offensive and disrespectful to not a minority, but a huge faction of our society.  But unfortunately, we've come to a point in that same society where only minorities have the right to be offended.

I saw an article last week where a restaurant owner made a doormat out of a Kraperdink jersey.  In reading it, I only got as far as seeing the comments from one "former" patron who said he found that offensive and accused the owner of racism.  Now, admittedly I stopped reading and did not continue to see the owner's motivation behind his actions.  But let's assume for a second that it was due to the obvious reason of being offended by Kraperdink's manner of protest and his interpretation that it's disrespectful to the flag and our country.  The problem is that any push back against that is automatically deemed as racist and an affront to minorities.   

It's just getting worse by the day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions