Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Why is the media obssessed with Trump?

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Why is the media obssessed with Trump?
« on: August 26, 2016, 09:17:25 AM »
I have a theory about the disproportionate coverage of Trump:

TMZ, National Enquirer, and other tabloid outlets have been piling cash for as long as they could point their cameras/keyboards towards a public celebrity meltdown.  The public cannot get enough of that stuff.

Traditional, "respectable" news outlets generally refrain from covering those items.  They focus on "news" events, geopolitics and the like and it's pretty dull by comparison.  Now they finally have a chance to run click-bait headlines and blast Trump's latest gaffe in a sound bite on loop and watch their ad revenue spike.  His campaign is, depending on your leaning, either the biggest clusterfuck we've ever seen at this level of politics or it's a brilliant stroke of iconoclastic genius.  Either way, the public is lapping it up.

They don't really give a shit about the winner.  As long as there are two parties, they'll have news.  It's just that this time around they get to milk a little extra cream out of the cow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Why is the media obssessed with Trump?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 10:08:15 AM »

TMZ, National Enquirer, and other tabloid outlets have been piling cash for as long as they could point their cameras/keyboards towards a public celebrity meltdown.  The public cannot get enough of that stuff.

Traditional, "respectable" news outlets generally refrain from covering those items.  They focus on "news" events, geopolitics and the like and it's pretty dull by comparison.  Now they finally have a chance to run click-bait headlines and blast Trump's latest gaffe in a sound bite on loop and watch their ad revenue spike.  His campaign is, depending on your leaning, either the biggest clusterfuck we've ever seen at this level of politics or it's a brilliant stroke of iconoclastic genius.  Either way, the public is lapping it up.

They don't really give a shit about the winner.  As long as there are two parties, they'll have news.  It's just that this time around they get to milk a little extra cream out of the cow.

Here's another theory. 

There is NO SUCH THING as "respectable media outlets" any longer.  Hasn't been for a long time. 

Did you bother to watch the way they propped up and defended Obama while simultaneously demonizing GWB? 

When you have Chris Matthews, Rachel Maddow, Anderson Cooper, Keith Olbermann, CNBC, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, CNN, all skewing hard left for years how can you even posit what you did? 

When a Pew survey shows that 61% of media members identify as liberal and 9% identify as conservative (with the rest marking "moderate" which actually means 'left leaning') how can you legitimately claim this is some new phenomenon? 

The same Pew survey showed that the vast majority of journalists felt Bush should have been treated MORE harshly than he was. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 12:58:15 PM »

Disagree, they do care who wins.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 01:12:16 PM »

Disagree, they do care who wins.

A Trump administration would be a ratings bonanza/orgy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 01:44:36 PM »

A Clinton administration keeps the Status quo.  I think the MSM much like all the dickwads in Washington are more worried about that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 02:03:05 PM »

Never about ratings. 

Always about control.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 04:41:13 PM »
Never about ratings. 

Always about control.
If this is true then the Hilldebeast is a shoe-in.

Trump is a liberal with certain few tendencies that are appealing even to me (more centrist) including a strong military, no Islamic refugees (my solution is to pay others to keep them) and tightened borders with a road to citizenship for those (mostly Mexicans) deemed worthy. And I truly want conservative justices to balance the Supreme Courts.

His recent softening ie. (the wall) only makes him a more palatable choice-just not to his core. 

He simply cannot win without the minority vote though. The only thing that can save him is if she alone (e-mails) or "the Clinton Foundation" (both Clintons, but predominantly Bill) receive a federal indictment.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 05:27:16 PM »
He simply cannot win without the minority vote though. The only thing that can save him is if she alone (e-mails) or "the Clinton Foundation" (both Clintons, but predominantly Bill) receive a federal indictment.   

Demonstrably false. 

He may be the last candidate who can, but he can win without any of the minority.  There is still sufficient "old white guy" strength in the key states left to win this election, minorities or not. 

Even the libs recognize this which is why they are trying to marginalize him among the whites. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 05:41:32 PM »
Demonstrably false. 

He may be the last candidate who can, but he can win without any of the minority.  There is still sufficient "old white guy" strength in the key states left to win this election, minorities or not. 

Even the libs recognize this which is why they are trying to marginalize him among the whites.
This is NOT FALSE. If she takes the lionshare of suburban votes in the key areas of those swing states which propelled Obama on '08 and 2012 along with the runof the mill black and Latino vote she wins going away. The absolute KEY is voter turnout.
Demonstrably your ass!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 11:30:12 PM »
This is NOT FALSE. If she takes the lionshare of suburban votes in the key areas of those swing states which propelled Obama on '08 and 2012 along with the runof the mill black and Latino vote she wins going away. The absolute KEY is voter turnout.
Demonstrably your ass!

Only if the white voters in those states are disinterested and stay away from the polls as they did when Obama won.  If he energizes that bloc of voters and gets them to the polls?  The minority won't mean shit.  And if you think bitchwhorelary is going to draw the same level of support Obama did? Get me some of that crack you're on.  For that reason he doesn't even have to bring a massive voter push. 

Your contention that he has to have the minorities is untrue. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2016, 09:29:25 AM »
Only if the white voters in those states are disinterested and stay away from the polls as they did when Obama won.  If he energizes that bloc of voters and gets them to the polls?  The minority won't mean shit.  And if you think bitchwhorelary is going to draw the same level of support Obama did? Get me some of that crack you're on.  For that reason he doesn't even have to bring a massive voter push. 

Your contention that he has to have the minorities is untrue.
My contention is that he has to out-do Mitt Romney.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2016, 09:55:56 AM »
My contention is that he has to out-do Mitt Romney.

Won't be a problem.  Will get more votes that that bad apple.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions