Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

White Fragility

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
White Fragility
« on: August 17, 2016, 04:57:34 PM »
foxnewz :facepalm: :huh:

A city-run cultural program in Seattle is offering residents classes on "white fragility" to white folks understand why they can't seem to handle matters involving race, and tickets have sold out.

Lecturer Robin DiAngelo, who coined the term, is teaching the taxpayer-funded class for the city Officeof Arts and Culture. She defines white fragility as "a state in which even a minimum amount of racial stress becomes intolerable, triggering a range of defensive moves."

Critics say it is just the latest attempt at spreading white guilt, following in the footsteps of concepts such as "white privilege."

"By the way, DiAngelo is white," noted Todd Herman, of MyNorthwest.com. "But she doesn’t have any bias or fragility. And we’re going to pay her a bunch of money to teach a class on white fragility!"

The Office of Arts and Culture, which has a budget of $8.3 million, is holding two 4-hour classes, Aug. 17 and Sept. 7. Tickets are $60 and both lectures are sold out. Erika Lindsay, a city spokesperson, says staffers have been working on the event, but she could not pinpoint how much taxpayers are shelling out for the program.

“A primary role of our office is to provide programs and resources to help the arts and culture sector flourish and many arts and cultural organizations see the ability to become more inclusive as a major step towards their ability to thrive,” she said.

DiAngelo, who is white, has made a career out of studying whiteness. She earned her doctorate in Multicultural Education from the University of Washington in 2004. Ten years later she became a tenured professor in whiteness studies at Westfield State University. Now she is back in Seattle working as a lecturer at the University of Washington. She’s also director of equity for Sound Generations, Seattle/King County and was recently appointed to co-design Seattle’s Race and Social Justice Anti-Racism Training program.

Seattle is not alone in spending tax dollars on educating white people about their purported fragility. Portland Community College held a series of lectures in April under the heading: "Whiteness History Month Project."

Melinda Bullen, Diversity Rresource Center coordinator at Mt. Hood Community College, lectured on "white fragility." Bullen, who is white, told attendees, “because of their position of privilege and accustomed racial comfort, whites will often display racial arrogance by denying, debating, trivializing racism or critical thought regarding racial conflict.”

Bullen also says white people need to be much harder on themselves. “Seeing yourself as well-meaning," she said, “removes responsibility for your actions…good intentions are one of the great hindrances to honest conversations about race.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: White Fragility
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 05:09:47 PM »
Tax payer funded? Really??

60 bucks a head? Really??

You do the math there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 05:29:09 PM »
Hard times flush the chump.

That being said, there is obviously a market for this type of clap-trap, one that is prime for the taking. There's gold in them thar hills!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 05:51:47 PM »
Hard times flush the chump.

That being said, there is obviously a market for this type of clap-trap, one that is prime for the taking. There's gold in them thar hills!

You just need a catchy phrase.  They've got "White privilege" and White fragility".  How about "White flaccidity"?  A class on helping white men understand that erectile dysfunction could be the result of suppressed guilt over their white privilege.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 08:23:45 PM »
Just got my tickets in the mai...um, I mean, what the hell?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 10:11:39 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 11:02:26 PM »
I'm pleased to announce the mandatory "x white fragility" training seminar. As the only black man on here, I have been chosen to teach the class.

It will be provided either via email or at an x gate. I will be doing this seminar at a fraction of the cost of the one in the story. For only 49.95, I will train you on what you can and can't think, in the Live training seminar. Or, via email and save your time for tailgating. Email version is only 49.95.

I accept cash. Space is limited. Be ready, and send money asap if you would like to continue posting on here.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 11:28:46 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 09:31:48 AM »
I'm pleased to announce the mandatory "x white fragility" training seminar. As the only black man on here, I have been chosen to teach the class.

It will be provided either via email or at an x gate. I will be doing this seminar at a fraction of the cost of the one in the story. For only 49.95, I will train you on what you can and can't think, in the Live training seminar. Or, via email and save your time for tailgating. Email version is only 49.95.

I accept cash. Space is limited. Be ready, and send money asap if you would like to continue posting on here.

Can I do both sessions?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2016, 10:38:52 AM »
Seems like a set up for the BLM movement to wipe out a bunch of "Whiteys" 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2016, 11:48:05 AM »
Seems like a set up for the BLM movement to wipe out a bunch of "Whiteys"
You, sir, are a part of the problem.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2016, 11:57:59 AM »
Ten years later she became a tenured professor in whiteness studies at Westfield State University.

Seattle is not alone in spending tax dollars on educating white people about their purported fragility. Portland Community College held a series of lectures in April under the heading: "Whiteness History Month Project."

Seems this would be cause for joy for some on this board.  How many times have "African-American Studies" and "Black History Month" been attacked/ridiculed with the fallacious argument of "why in the hayull cain't there be a white history month?  Hyuck hyuck?"

Well, here you go.  Sign up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2016, 12:03:25 PM »
Seems this would be cause for joy for some on this board.  How many times have "African-American Studies" and "Black History Month" been attacked/ridiculed with the fallacious argument of "why in the hayull cain't there be a white history month?  Hyuck hyuck?"

You would definitely fit in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2016, 12:04:18 PM »
You, sir, are a part of the problem.

Thank you very little.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2016, 12:15:29 PM »

Wellllllll....not exactly a positive thing.  From the PCC website.

Whiteness History Month: Context, Consequences and Change is a multidisciplinary, district-wide, educational project examining race and racism through an exploration of the construction of whiteness, its origins and heritage. Scheduled for the month of April 2016, the project seeks to inspire innovative and practical solutions to community issues and social problems that stem from racism.

What is Whiteness History Month?

​Description of Project

Whiteness History Month Project, unlike heritage months, is not a celebratory endeavor. It is an effort to change our campus climate. The Project seeks to challenge the master narrative of race and racism through an exploration of the social construction of whiteness. Challenging the master narrative of traditional curriculum is a strategy within higher education that promotes multicultural education and equity.

Portland Community College’s strategic plan calls for "intentional action" to "create a nationally renowned culture for diversity, equity, and inclusion."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2016, 12:24:36 PM »
Wellllllll....not exactly a positive thing.  From the PCC website.

Whiteness History Month: Context, Consequences and Change is a multidisciplinary, district-wide, educational project examining race and racism through an exploration of the construction of whiteness, its origins and heritage. Scheduled for the month of April 2016, the project seeks to inspire innovative and practical solutions to community issues and social problems that stem from racism.

What is Whiteness History Month?

​Description of Project

Whiteness History Month Project, unlike heritage months, is not a celebratory endeavor. It is an effort to change our campus climate. The Project seeks to challenge the master narrative of race and racism through an exploration of the social construction of whiteness. Challenging the master narrative of traditional curriculum is a strategy within higher education that promotes multicultural education and equity.

Portland Community College’s strategic plan calls for "intentional action" to "create a nationally renowned culture for diversity, equity, and inclusion."

Jeez, there's just no pleasing you people.  Got your own history month and still not happy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2016, 12:28:46 PM »
Jeez, there's just no pleasing you people.  Got your own history month and still not happy.

Who you calling you people?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2016, 12:31:23 PM »

I want my own cable channel.  Whitey TV

We'll show a lot of golf and hockey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2016, 12:36:09 PM »

NASCAR bitch! The blacks have taken over golf since that Cablanasian player showed up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2016, 12:50:25 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2016, 12:52:15 PM »

The Dark Side with Nat X:  the only ten minute show on tv.  Why only ten minutes?  Cuz if the man made it any shorter it'd be a commercial.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions