Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Scrimmage Today

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Scrimmage Today
« on: August 13, 2016, 05:44:30 PM »
Went up for it.  Good to be in Auburn.  That was the best part of the day.  90% of it was 2's and 3's.  The "starters" played very little, if at all in some cases.  JJ did not play, which led me to believe he was solid with the 1's.  GF informed me he had an injured paw so he was held out.  Would love to have seen him play because no way he could have looked worse than the shit-fest that was Sean White and JFIII.  Putrid and no other way to describe it.  I'll hold out hope that the 2's are just that bad and they would have looked better with...oh what am I saying?  Both of them sucked.  As in pick 6 thrown by White on his first pass.

Well, that about covers the QB's.

Running backs: Carry On had one carry. Pettway had several nice runs.  He's sloth like getting to the line.  Woody Barrett is a QB but he was live and had the best runs of the day.

Defense:  Big, very fast, salty and they bring the pain. Darrell Williams and Montavious Atkinson were full on beast mode.  Derrick Brown is the biggest boy on the field and he's ready right now.  330 and clogs the middle.  DB's covered like a blanket all day. 

Notes:  Did I mention the QB's sucked?

Kick off, FG and punting are off the charts good. 

The players are noticeably bigger and yes, we have a ton of guys rotating on the D-line. 

Byron Cowart looks like a different player.  Quick and aggressive.

Between Lawson, Jeff Holland, Marlon Davidson, Paul James III and Cowart, this team is very fast and deep at DE.

We're obviously better at LB.  Like I said, D. Williams and Atkinson were everywhere and always arrived with bad intentions. Atkinson looks like what we thought Justin Garrett would be after that spring game.

The best receiver on the field today was a little 5'9" white boy named James Owens Moss.  Quick kid that made a lot of catches. Only saw Marcus Davis and Tony Stephens a few plays.  If Jason Smith, Nate Craig Myers and Kyle Davis got in, I didn't see them.

The atmosphere is clearly different.  Players were having a blast.  When somebody made a play, the sideline would erupt.  It honestly looks like they're having fun.  Waaaayyy different than in years past.

The long snapping was stellar.

My take,  The D will be a lot of fun to watch. Maybe not the first game.  Tall task.  Ultimately, find a QB and they can be really good.  If the Quarterbacking is anything like today, we no bowl. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Re: Scrimmage Today
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 05:48:23 PM »
Thanks for the update.  I think.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 06:44:31 PM »
No worries. I'm sure that Lashlee's long standing history of stellar QB development will kick in before Clemson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 07:23:28 PM »
Thanks for the update.  I think.

Again, IMO this comes down to one thing.  There's a shit load of talent out there.  Find a QB to run it and this could be special. If we don't, we're special needs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 09:06:14 PM »

The best receiver on the field today was a little 5'9" white boy named James Owens Moss.  Quick kid that made a lot of catches. Only saw Marcus Davis and Tony Stephens a few plays.  If Jason Smith, Nate Craig Myers and Kyle Davis got in, I didn't see them.l. 

Praying this had nothing to do with the blanketing coverage and everything to do with the struggling QB play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 10:04:23 PM »
Praying this had nothing to do with the blanketing coverage and everything to do with the struggling QB play.

It was the 2's and 3's all day but I have to say that it was rare to see DB's all over every receiver on virtually every play.  I have a feeling they might be able to work this Moss kid in the rotation some.  He and Stanton Truitt both look like quick possession type receivers.   True freshman out of Opelika.  Anyone know anything about him?

Just saw the dot  I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth. piece saying Jamel Dean is pretty much done for the year.  Damn, hate that for him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2016, 10:28:04 PM »
It was the 2's and 3's all day but I have to say that it was rare to see DB's all over every receiver on virtually every play.  I have a feeling they might be able to work this Moss kid in the rotation some.  He and Stanton Truitt both look like quick possession type receivers.   True freshman out of Opelika.  Anyone know anything about him?

Just saw the dot  I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth. piece saying Jamel Dean is pretty much done for the year.  Damn, hate that for him.
Well, yes. His grandfather just happened to be the first scholarship African-American Auburn player.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2016, 01:04:57 AM »
I think we saw last year that SW is a game day player. I can't imagine CRL has coached it out of him yet.

Maybe by next season!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2016, 07:35:47 AM »
Thx for the feedback Snaggle.

Good to hear positives about our defense, particularly at LB.

Pettway wasn't speedy last season either. He can be a handful on a swing pass out of the backfield though we are even less likely to see that as much as our use of the TE.

We all love Woody Barrett. He's the backup's backup.

Sean White looks fantastic in 7on7's according to Trent Dilfer. But I am inclined to agree with CCTAU that the light turns on on gameday.

Looks as if we find ourselves in the situation of just having a game manager that doesn't get us beat. Ro Ti!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 08:09:34 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2016, 09:05:48 AM »
It may just be that it's such a foreign concept to us that we can't see it:  Our offense is struggling in scrimmage because our defense is good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

bgreene

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2016, 09:20:26 AM »
It may just be that it's such a foreign concept to us that we can't see it:  Our offense is struggling in scrimmage because our defense is good.

That is foreign but I love the sound of it.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, it would be nice to be going into a season knowing that we have a lights out Defense and an unstoppable Offense.  But truth of the matter is, IMO that having a strong defense and a mediocre offense is a good thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2016, 11:39:20 AM »
Woody Woody Woody Woody!......wait, I mean go Barrett.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2016, 12:53:37 PM »

or our shitty offense makes our defense look good. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2016, 01:28:51 PM »
Again, IMO this comes down to one thing.  There's a shit load of talent out there.  Find a QB to run it and this could be special. If we don't, we're special needs.

Like I said in the perdictions thread, Woody will be our QB for the year. I read somewhere we lost a DE to political endeavors.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2016, 02:29:08 PM »
Like I said in the perdictions thread, Woody will be our QB for the year. I read somewhere we lost a DE to political endeavors.

Raashed Kennion. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2016, 02:35:23 PM »

It could also be that the D is going against the same offense they see every single day.  I imagine they have a pretty good idea of what's coming.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2016, 03:40:29 PM »
It could also be that the D is going against the same offense they see every single day.  I imagine they have a pretty good idea of what's coming.

First down, run up the gut
Second down, WR screen
Third and short, hail mary
Third and long, run up the gut.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2016, 06:28:48 PM »
First down, run up the gut
Second down, WR screen
Third and short, hail mary
Third and long, run up the gut.

Shhhhh...the Turds might hear you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2016, 07:27:09 PM »

corch Gus hasn't opened up the playbook yet...just the back cover.   
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 08:28:39 PM by chinook »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

oldautiger

• Resident Old Fart
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2016, 07:34:30 PM »
Shhhhh...the Turds might hear you.
Don't worry about it, they already know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses of you need 'em." - Webb Wilder

"Auburn is no Harvard, M.I.T. or Alabama - Thank GOD for small favors" - Anonymous

I can't recommend sex, drugs and rock 'n roll to everybody, but they've worked for me. - Me