Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Last Chance U

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Last Chance U
« on: August 01, 2016, 09:58:07 PM »
Either the search function is broken or we've somehow managed to avoid discussing this series.

It's a profile of the 2015 East Mississippi Community College Lions football team (for whom John Franklin III played.)

Interesting look into the margins of big time football and a decent look at Franklin on and off the field.  I like him much more as a full time option after watching.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Re: Last Chance U
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 12:30:38 AM »
Sounds like I need to check it out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 08:43:44 AM »
Sounds like I need to check it out.

You really should.  It's pretty fascinating and very well done.

It's also extremely interesting to get such a close-up look at a kid vying for the starting QB spot at AU.  I thought Franklin was mostly laudable in his seriousness about being a football player and doing what he had to do to get out of Scooba.  He has some moments of immaturity, but most kids do at that age.  By and large, though,  I thought he was pretty level headed.  He is serious about what he's doing (see his refusal to participate in the brawl) and isn't taking silly risks that would jeopardize his future.  That's a mature attitude.

He did hold himself above all things EMCC as though he were too good to be there and, for the most part, he was.  He wasn't a disciplinary or academic crisis case on his last chance.  He was biding time until his next shot at big time football due to the transfer eligibility rules.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Jumbo

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 11:39:56 AM »
I'm 2 episodes in and JF3 isn't a likeable person. He also throws like shit and fumbles too much.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 11:41:56 AM by Jumbo »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 11:42:30 AM »
I'm 2 episodes in and JF3 isn't a like able character.

I'm on episode 5 and I still don't see the reason Gus and Co went and got him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 11:58:22 AM »
I haven't seen any of them and I'm still wondering what the hell the hype is on this kid.  Virtually every preseason mag and all the "experts" and analysts predict him as the starter. 

Disclaimer:  As I've said before, if this guy is under center, I'll be pulling for him as hard as any Auburn QB we've ever had....except Fetal Moseley.  I sincerely hope he proves me wrong and I'll be the first to admit it if he does.

But, what has he done to warrant people thinking he's the guy to run this offense?  Because he's fast?  Okay, anything else?  The best thing he ever did at FSU was play Nick Marshall in practice.  (But then, all Proactive Coker did was throw a tight spiral in practice) His JUCO stats weren't that impressive and all of them were racked up in mop up duty when the games were out of hand.  He couldn't even win the starting job there.  On top of that, I honestly don't think he's big enough to take consistent hits now that he's playing big boy football.   

Somebody sell me on this guy because I don't get the warm fuzzies thinking of him being named our starter.  Designated Mildcat QB maybe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 12:24:50 PM »
I haven't seen any of them and I'm still wondering what the hell the hype is on this kid.  Virtually every preseason mag and all the "experts" and analysts predict him as the starter. 

Disclaimer:  As I've said before, if this guy is under center, I'll be pulling for him as hard as any Auburn QB we've ever had....except Fetal Moseley.  I sincerely hope he proves me wrong and I'll be the first to admit it if he does.

But, what has he done to warrant people thinking he's the guy to run this offense?  Because he's fast?  Okay, anything else?  The best thing he ever did at FSU was play Nick Marshall in practice.  (But then, all Proactive Coker did was throw a tight spiral in practice) His JUCO stats weren't that impressive and all of them were racked up in mop up duty when the games were out of hand.  He couldn't even win the starting job there.  On top of that, I honestly don't think he's big enough to take consistent hits now that he's playing big boy football.   

Somebody sell me on this guy because I don't get the warm fuzzies thinking of him being named our starter.  Designated Mildcat QB maybe.
I'm so tired of your negativity that I would kick you in the balls the next time I saw you. IF. Only if.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 12:36:03 PM »
I'm on episode 5 and I still don't see the reason Gus and Co went and got him.
Well, obviously the show had not come out when they offered him the scholarship. They didn't have the benefit of watching all the way to episode 5.

You should really think before you just go posting dumbass stuff on here. Contribute something of value.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2016, 12:46:17 PM »
Wasn't he first being projected as a receiver when we were recruiting him?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 12:52:12 PM »
Well, obviously the show had not come out when they offered him the scholarship. They didn't have the benefit of watching all the way to episode 5.

You should really think before you just go posting dumbass stuff on here. Contribute something of value.

Actually, it looks like Lashlee offered him, after seeing him play in one game (that the starter got hurt in) against a really bad team. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2016, 12:55:48 PM »

I stand by the White boy as starter against Clemson.  If no set starter my Dark Horse by game 5 is Woody Barett
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2016, 01:06:50 PM »
All I have to go on is what I saw A day, what I've read and gut feeling. 2 of those 3 do not point toward JF3 being the next Nick Marshall.

Woody Barrett by midway of the season, as GF suggested, gives me a better feeling. But, if the white boy is winning, we probably won't see him this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2016, 01:09:47 PM »
Wasn't he first being projected as a receiver when we were recruiting him?
I think you are thinking about Jason Smith and yes. He was given some snaps at QB because he wanted a shot. But, he's a WR now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2016, 01:18:26 PM »
I think you are thinking about Jason Smith and yes. He was given some snaps at QB because he wanted a shot. But, he's a WR now.

I knew about Smith. 

I thought that JFIII was being recruited as a WR according to 247/Rivals/Scout until the end of the season when it was apparent our QB situation was fucked. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Jumbo

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2016, 01:30:06 PM »
JF3 can't throw the ball and he's a cocky fuck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2016, 01:54:29 PM »
I knew about Smith. 

I thought that JFIII was being recruited as a WR according to 247/Rivals/Scout until the end of the season when it was apparent our QB situation was fucked.

I would say by game 2 our QB situation was pretty fucked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2016, 02:17:18 PM »

I would say by game 2 our QB situation was pretty fucked.

J^2 was fucked.  Sean was pretty decent until he got injured.  Sean also had shit tier WR's with hands of stone that couldn't catch a cold. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2016, 02:26:33 PM »
I stand by the White boy as starter against Clemson.  If no set starter my Dark Horse by game 5 is Woody Barett

Is it always about race with you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2016, 02:27:57 PM »
J^2 was fucked.  Sean was pretty decent until he got injured.  Sean also had shit tier WR's with hands of stone that couldn't catch a cold.

Damn you for that 2015 Arkansas flashback.  I was having a good day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2016, 02:32:13 PM »
Yes but you can't coach a receiver to catch a ball. Wait...what did we decide on that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions