Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Trump's VP pick

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Trump's VP pick
« on: July 14, 2016, 02:03:41 PM »
So what do you all think about this possibility?

Donald Trump reportedly picks Indiana Gov. Mike Pence as VP
Holly Bailey 45 minutes ago .
 î´ Comments 
 î‚Ÿ Sign in to like   
 î‚¡ Reblog on Tumblr 
 î» Share 
 î‚¢ Tweet 
 î‚ƒ Email 

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump greets Indiana Gov. Mike Pence during a campaign rally July 12 in Westfield, Indiana. (Photo: Aaron P. Bernstein/Getty Images)

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump greets Indiana Gov. Mike Pence during a campaign rally July 12 in Westfield, Indiana. (Photo: Aaron P. Bernstein/Getty Images)

NEW YORK — Multiple reports on Thursday indicated that Donald Trump is set to pick Indiana Gov. Mike Pence as his vice presidential running mate, a decision he is expected to formally announce Friday morning.

Citing unnamed sources close to the campaign, both Roll Call and CBS News reported Trump was expected to offer Pence the job in a phone call Thursday afternoon. The New York Times also reported that campaign officials had also “signaled” to Republicans in Washington that Pence was Trump’s pick. And the Indianapolis Star, Pence’s hometown paper, also reported the Indiana governor was Trump’s pick, citing unnamed sources.

But Trump campaign officials quickly tried to tamp down those reports. “A decision has not been made by Mr. Trump. He will be making a decision in the future,” Jason Miller, a spokesman for the Republican presidential nominee, said in a message on Twitter. A spokesman for Pence did not respond to an email requesting comment, but the governor’s deputy campaign manager was spotted by reporters on a flight from Indianapolis to New York on Thursday morning.

The Pence pick, if true, would end a whirlwind two weeks in which Trump held what amounted to public auditions for who should be his running mate. Last week, the New York real estate mogul appeared with Tennessee Sen. Bob Corker — who subsequently took himself out of the running for the job. That appearance was followed by a joint rally with former House Speaker Newt Gingrich in Cincinnati, while New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie introduced Trump at a policy speech Monday in Virginia Beach, Va.

Pence was the last prospective candidate to appear with Trump, joining him on stage Tuesday night at a rally outside Indianapolis. The next morning, Trump met privately with Pence again in Indianapolis — this time joined by his adult children in a flurry of last-minute meetings with prospective running mates.

On Wednesday, a Republican source close to the Trump campaign said most of Trump’s senior advisers, including his campaign chairman Paul Manafort, were urging him to pick Pence, arguing that the former Republican congressman and staunch conservative could help Trump win over mainstream and base Republicans still wary of his candidacy. Manafort had privately expressed concern about whether Christie and Gingrich, two powerful personalities with their own political brands, had the ability to be disciplined team players behind Trump heading into the fall.

But critics were sure to zero in on Pence’s policy differences with Trump. The Indiana governor, who briefly entertained his own run for the presidency before endorsing Texas Sen. Ted Cruz late in the GOP primary, has publicly criticized Trump’s proposed ban on Muslims entering the United States as “offensive and unconstitutional.” He is also a vocal supporter of free trade and has strongly backed the North American Free Trade Agreement and the Trans-Pacific Partnership — two trade deals that Trump has repeatedly railed against as “total disasters” for the country.

At the same time, Pence has had a mixed record on the national stage. While polls suggest he is largely unknown to most Americans, Pence made headlines in 2015 when he signed the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, a bill that was widely criticized as allowing legal discrimination against gays and lesbians. After a national outcry, including threats from major corporations to stop doing business with Indiana, Pence signed an amended version of the bill. But the controversy soured his relationships with the business community and even many Republicans in the state, who felt Pence had gone too far. The controversial bill is widely viewed as what killed Pence’s initial 2016 presidential aspirations.

Still, the Pence pick could potentially be a boost for Trump’s campaign in Indiana, a crucial swing state, and could also help solidify his standing with evangelicals — a key bastion of voting support for Republicans that Trump desperately needs to turn out this fall.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Trump's VP pick
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 02:45:22 PM »
Pence is a good contrast to trump. Good cop bad cop. Newt or Christie would be one too many pit bulls on the ticket to me. But a few concerns although none deal breakers.

1 no one knows who he is and he's vanilla enough so that many still won't know

2 can he debate? Not as important since there is only one vp debate and it means jack squat but still
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 02:53:05 PM »
Not impressed.

Was hoping for Robert Downey, Jr.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 05:36:05 PM »
So what do you all think about this possibility?

Donald Trump reportedly picks Indiana Gov. Mike Pence as VP
Holly Bailey 45 minutes ago .
 î´ Comments 
 î‚Ÿ Sign in to like   
 î‚¡ Reblog on Tumblr 
 î» Share 
 î‚¢ Tweet 
 î‚ƒ Email 

NEW YORK — Multiple reports on Thursday indicated that Donald Trump is set to pick Indiana Gov. Mike Pence as his vice presidential running mate, a decision he is expected to formally announce Friday morning.

Citing unnamed sources close to the campaign, both Roll Call and CBS News reported Trump was expected to offer Pence the job in a phone call Thursday afternoon. The New York Times also reported that campaign officials had also “signaled” to Republicans in Washington that Pence was Trump’s pick. And the Indianapolis Star, Pence’s hometown paper, also reported the Indiana governor was Trump’s pick, citing unnamed sources.

But Trump campaign officials quickly tried to tamp down those reports. “A decision has not been made by Mr. Trump. He will be making a decision in the future,” Jason Miller, a spokesman for the Republican presidential nominee, said in a message on Twitter. A spokesman for Pence did not respond to an email requesting comment, but the governor’s deputy campaign manager was spotted by reporters on a flight from Indianapolis to New York on Thursday morning.

The Pence pick, if true, would end a whirlwind two weeks in which Trump held what amounted to public auditions for who should be his running mate. Last week, the New York real estate mogul appeared with Tennessee Sen. Bob Corker — who subsequently took himself out of the running for the job. That appearance was followed by a joint rally with former House Speaker Newt Gingrich in Cincinnati, while New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie introduced Trump at a policy speech Monday in Virginia Beach, Va.

Pence was the last prospective candidate to appear with Trump, joining him on stage Tuesday night at a rally outside Indianapolis. The next morning, Trump met privately with Pence again in Indianapolis — this time joined by his adult children in a flurry of last-minute meetings with prospective running mates.

On Wednesday, a Republican source close to the Trump campaign said most of Trump’s senior advisers, including his campaign chairman Paul Manafort, were urging him to pick Pence, arguing that the former Republican congressman and staunch conservative could help Trump win over mainstream and base Republicans still wary of his candidacy. Manafort had privately expressed concern about whether Christie and Gingrich, two powerful personalities with their own political brands, had the ability to be disciplined team players behind Trump heading into the fall.

But critics were sure to zero in on Pence’s policy differences with Trump. The Indiana governor, who briefly entertained his own run for the presidency before endorsing Texas Sen. Ted Cruz late in the GOP primary, has publicly criticized Trump’s proposed ban on Muslims entering the United States as “offensive and unconstitutional.” He is also a vocal supporter of free trade and has strongly backed the North American Free Trade Agreement and the Trans-Pacific Partnership — two trade deals that Trump has repeatedly railed against as “total disasters” for the country.

At the same time, Pence has had a mixed record on the national stage. While polls suggest he is largely unknown to most Americans, Pence made headlines in 2015 when he signed the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, a bill that was widely criticized as allowing legal discrimination against gays and lesbians. After a national outcry, including threats from major corporations to stop doing business with Indiana, Pence signed an amended version of the bill. But the controversy soured his relationships with the business community and even many Republicans in the state, who felt Pence had gone too far. The controversial bill is widely viewed as what killed Pence’s initial 2016 presidential aspirations.

Still, the Pence pick could potentially be a boost for Trump’s campaign in Indiana, a crucial swing state, and could also help solidify his standing with evangelicals — a key bastion of voting support for Republicans that Trump desperately needs to turn out this fall.
Your posting skills are worst than Dallas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 05:44:21 PM »
Your posting skills are worst than Dallas.

Thanks!  Douche
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 07:26:44 PM »
I'm reserving judgement until I hear John Oliver's take on it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 08:14:22 PM »
Trump puts off the official announcement because of the terror attack in France.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2016, 09:41:29 AM »
I was thinking it would be Al Sharpton.

I am amazed that I am voting for this man. I have such little respect and so much disdain for this gas bag, yet, he's the better candidate for me.

By far the weakest 2 candidates in my life, collectively.

I would vote for Jimmy Carter over these two and I sat in the gas lines like some of you.

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2016, 10:10:36 AM »

I am amazed that I am voting for this man. I have such little respect and so much disdain for this gas bag, yet, he's the better candidate for me.

I would vote for Jimmy Carter over these two and I sat in the gas lines like some of you.

Has to be the happiest man about "The one" moves him to  second place as the worst president. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2016, 10:42:08 AM »

Damn, you old.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2016, 11:04:23 AM »
Damn, you old.
I wasn't driving but old enough to remember.

Now that you know my age, do you regret the sex?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2016, 11:07:27 AM »
I

I know you were reaching from a bit of humor, but that came out as ignorance....

If you only remember the gas lines, you never had a meaningful discussion about that time with older folks.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2016, 11:10:43 AM »
If you only remember the gas lines, you never had a meaningful discussion about that time with older folks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2016, 12:30:19 PM »
I know you were reaching from a bit of humor, but that came out as ignorance....

I remember my parents talking about home interest rates:  14% to 18%.   :jaw:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2016, 01:55:28 PM »
I wasn't driving but old enough to remember.

Now that you know my age, do you regret the sex?

Of course not, silly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2016, 04:10:53 PM »
USA Today already raping Pence.   :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2016, 12:10:26 PM »
I was on the fence between throwing my vote away on Gary Johnson and voting against Hillary with a Trump vote.  I am now solidly in Trump's corner. Admittedly I knew very little about Pence but I really like the guy. He is a solid choice for Trump, if Trump was really serious about this candidacy.  Hell I'd be ok with Pence as president but there is no way he could ever get elected by himself.

I think the Republican Party has finally figured out a way to make themselves relevant again. Get a loud brash showman like Trump to get attention and bring attention back to the party, then slide a fiscal conservative in on the ticket.  Really it's pretty sneaky.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2016, 04:22:39 PM »
I remember my parents talking about home interest rates:  14% to 18%.   :jaw:

My first house was at 11%.  Assumed a loan.  And that was in 1990.  Not carter. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2016, 07:32:26 PM »
1986.  10.5%
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2016, 10:47:15 PM »
USA Today already raping Pence.   :facepalm:

Why do even read that liberal rag?  It's like you reading al.com.  Many more places to get better news.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan