Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

97% of scientist agree on global warming...

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
97% of scientist agree on global warming...
« on: July 11, 2016, 01:29:05 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: 97% of scientist agree on global warming...
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 01:38:14 PM »
I'd look at that but a polar bear trying to escape the heat of the North Pole just wandered into my yard. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 02:34:06 PM »

Just curious, did you actually watch the video? If so, did you understand it?

Because it pretty much takes exactly the stance I always have in every one of these threads.

They concede that man made climate change is real and caused by fossil fuel consumption. The argument here is that the benefits of fossil fuels probably don't outweigh the danger, and we don't know exactly the magnitude OF that danger, and the MAGNITUDE is what there isn't 97% consensus on.

That has exactly been my position from day one of discussion of this topic.

You're the one that can't except the premise of this video, not me.

Stupid or liar?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 02:51:39 PM »
Just curious, did you actually watch the video? If so, did you understand it?

Because it pretty much takes exactly the stance I always have in every one of these threads.

They concede that man made climate change is real and caused by fossil fuel consumption. The argument here is that the benefits of fossil fuels probably don't outweigh the danger, and we don't know exactly the magnitude OF that danger, and the MAGNITUDE is what there isn't 97% consensus on.

That has exactly been my position from day one of discussion of this topic.

You're the one that can't except the premise of this video, not me.

Stupid or liar?

Because there is no danger.   

Let me amend that.  There might be a danger from the polar bear in my backyard using up all my suntan lotion. 
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 02:57:57 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 03:12:19 PM »
Because there is no danger.   

Let me amend that.  There might be a danger from the polar bear in my backyard using up all my suntan lotion.

But do 97% of your neighbors agree?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 03:16:33 PM »

They agree.

But just not the on the magnitude.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 03:23:45 PM »
They agree.

But just not the on the magnitude.

I figured they wouldn't agree on the suntan lotion. I mean, you know K goes with the old school type with 0% sunscreen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2016, 03:29:48 PM »
I figured they wouldn't agree on the suntan lotion. I mean, you know K goes with the old school type with 0% sunscreen.

He drinks that shit for breakfast. Pure zinc oxide.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2016, 03:34:39 PM »

I would ask them but after the last fiasco when the penguins I was letting crash here invaded the neighborhood pool, used my rebel flags as towels, spilled the the kerosene I use to burn crosses all over the bbq grill causing a towering flame which scorched the Trump billboard I put on my roof?  Yeah, that got out of hand and for some reason they all blame me.  I blame global warming, but to each their own. Anyway, we're not on speaking terms.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2016, 04:38:08 PM »
I would ask them but after the last fiasco when the penguins I was letting crash here invaded the neighborhood pool, used my rebel flags as towels, spilled the the kerosene I use to burn crosses all over the bbq grill causing a towering flame which scorched the Trump billboard I put on my roof?  Yeah, that got out of hand and for some reason they all blame me.  I blame global warming, but to each their own. Anyway, we're not on speaking terms.

Its obvious you are voting for Trump.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2016, 04:42:35 PM »
Its obvious you are voting for Trump.

But I don't support him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2016, 08:22:38 AM »
I just solved it.  There IS no man-made global warming. 

This from an article on another topic:

We know that the sun has been growing steadily hotter for a very long time.  If it continues to brighten at its current, breath-taking rate of 1% every 100 million years, then in another billion years the sun will be 10% brighter than it is today, which will raise the earth's average temperature from today's 59o F to about 117o F.

The sun is getting hotter.  Period.  That's the entire story. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2016, 11:37:33 AM »
Old school here.
And let me tell you that Coppertone UV 30 w/ zinc oxide can protect tots, old men and polar bears from this sun's menacing rays. Pick some up and tell 'em jmar sent you. You won't be disappointed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2016, 02:02:54 PM »

We know that the sun has been growing steadily hotter for a very long time.  If it continues to brighten at its current, breath-taking rate of 1% every 100 million years, then in another billion years the sun will be 10% brighter than it is today, which will raise the earth's average temperature from today's 59o F to about 117o F.

Damn it, we are fucked up, we are even fucking up the sun.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2016, 02:14:08 PM »

Damn it, we are fucked up, we are even fucking up the sun.  :facepalm:

I blame it on V'GER!

« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 02:26:46 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2016, 04:19:51 PM »

You understand that they're saying the sun is brighter/hotter FROM...nevermind...

This post is a clinic in Stupid or Liar, but I think I know the answer on this one...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2016, 04:42:59 PM »
You understand that they're saying the sun is brighter/hotter FROM...nevermind...

This post is a clinic in Stupid or Liar, but I think I know the answer on this one...

Total whiff!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2016, 05:34:33 PM »
you're naive to think on a macro-global scale the earth isn't warming, currently.  is it a cycle?  not sure, but i'm confident we'll not see it go the other way in our life nor our children's life nor in the life of our grandchildren.   

caused by man...well not all of it but i firmly believe we've synergized the progression.  do i drive a truck and pull a travel trailer getting 9.5 mpg ...heck yeah.  i want to enjoy life but i do feel the need to be a steward of the land, my home and community.

in a global microscale i believe you'll see cool down and warm ups, more snow here and less etc... what's the deal with these mega storms...again this is probably a result of earth's cycles. will they become more so?...not sure.  heck the Atlantic basin [huricanes] is quite and as been for 2 years. 

of course the scientist are going to put a fear spin on it...they need funding. a lot of them voted for Obama and they will do the same for Clinton.  problem is they aren't conservationist nor stewards.  they are alarmist. they use the media to do it and the media sucks it right up. then the people follow. 

« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 05:36:27 PM by chinook »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2016, 08:36:51 PM »

You do understand that the sun getting motherfucking hotter -- the SUN, not the impact it has on the earth -- has dick shit to do with emissions or any of the other lies the "climatologists" peddle, don't you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2016, 10:56:57 PM »
You do understand that the sun getting motherfucking hotter -- the SUN, not the impact it has on the earth -- has dick shit to do with emissions or any of the other lies the "climatologists" peddle, don't you?
You still did not answer the question. Stupid or liar?

Apparently, you have to choose.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com