Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thanks for 2004, Borges. Now gather your shit and get out.

Ogre

Thanks for 2004, Borges. Now gather your shit and get out.
« on: November 12, 2007, 02:51:06 PM »
Word is floating around the premium sites that (if CTT stays) Borges is history.  Any thoughts on who would be a good replacement? 

A lot of folks are talking about Rob Spence (Clemson's OC and interviewee for the Auburn job in 04).  Who's your top candidate to run the offense next year?  I personally would like to see what Gus Malzahn could do with our talent.  If this man has the creativity to form a package making Darren McFadden a QB, I would love to see what kind of packages he could install with our talent. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Thanks for 2004, Borges. Now gather your shit and get out.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 02:57:33 PM »
Word is floating around the premium sites that (if CTT stays) Borges is history.  Any thoughts on who would be a good replacement? 

A lot of folks are talking about Rob Spence (Clemson's OC and interviewee for the Auburn job in 04).  Who's your top candidate to run the offense next year?  I personally would like to see what Gus Malzahn could do with our talent.  If this man has the creativity to form a package making Darren McFadden a QB, I would love to see what kind of packages he could install with our talent. 

I don't want anything  that has been anywhere around Clemson football coming to the Plains.  They seem to be as inconsistent as us or more.

Would love to have Gus but I don't think you will see him as anything other than a head coach again. 

Definitely NOT Pat Nix!  He may be ready for the big time sometime but he has not shown it yet.   he left GT cause Gailey was supposedly calling the plays.  Miami has not exactly been lighting it up thus far.  We'll see what happens over the next couple of years. 

I don't know what the answer is but we damn sure need one! 

let me pose this question........

If we find an offense in two weeks and handle Bama, does this talk go away?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Aubie16

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 06:40:14 PM »
I heard it best somewhere else...but I'll steal it.

We need someone who can turn Kodi Burns into Vince Young instead of Reggie Ball. Either outcome is possible at the moment.

I actually do like the idea of Rob Spence but I understand the weariness of hiring someone that from a school even more inconsistent than us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 07:18:40 AM »
let me pose this question........

If we find an offense in two weeks and handle Bama, does this talk go away?

Not for me it doesn't, he hasn't looked original in the past 2 years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 07:22:10 AM »
Not for me it doesn't, he hasn't looked original in the past 2 years.

Maybe there is truly only so much a fat man in a Hawaiian shirt can do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau

• Judicial Chair
  • On a gravy train with biscuit wheels.
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 09:24:06 AM »
Maybe there is truly only so much a fat man in a Hawaiian shirt can do.

He needs an overcoat and he can be Jay's hetero life mate.

Hey lady, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Life can really kick your ass.  I only have a vague recollection of when it wasn't kickin' mine.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 09:27:46 AM »
He needs an overcoat and he can be Jay's hetero life mate.

Hey lady, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?

Nice pickup.  I wondered if you would have my back?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau

• Judicial Chair
  • On a gravy train with biscuit wheels.
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 09:38:49 AM »
I wondered if you would have my back?

Poor word choice given the topic of the last few posts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Life can really kick your ass.  I only have a vague recollection of when it wasn't kickin' mine.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 11:35:14 PM »
Would it be good to bring Pat Sullivan back to finish up his career at AU? His offenses always seem to be prolific if he has the talent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 10:51:21 AM »
Would it be good to bring Pat Sullivan back to finish up his career at AU? His offenses always seem to be prolific if he has the talent.

No.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 12:17:09 PM »
No.
You don't like Pat. He was coordinator (or CO-) when I was there. I thought he had a great mix of run and pass. With the talent we have now, I could see his offense getting into the end-zone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 01:18:13 PM »
You don't like Pat. He was coordinator (or CO-) when I was there. I thought he had a great mix of run and pass. With the talent we have now, I could see his offense getting into the end-zone.

I like Pat just fine.  Think he is one hell of a human being.  Not nearly as good of a coach though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 01:23:06 PM »

One of my favorite players of all time.  He was the man when he was playing.  But he's no Steve Spurrier, Heisman or not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Raven_tiger

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 07:17:58 PM »
Jimbo Fisher, with the hook, that he will be the next HC???
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 07:21:22 PM by Raven_tiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Raven_tiger

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 07:22:27 PM »
Ed Warinner, KU???
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2007, 06:03:49 AM »
Ed Warinner, KU???
I would be good with having 1/2 of Ed Warinner
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.