Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Honesty Check

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Honesty Check
« on: May 18, 2016, 07:19:26 PM »
Does your vote change if you consider that our system doesn't operate in a vacuum...that is, we have the middle east, Russia, China and North Korea to handle while we sort this shit out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Token

Re: Honesty Check
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 07:36:35 PM »
I would love to vote for a 3rd party and it be a meaningful vote.  Best case scenario in my opinion is for Trump to win popular but lose electoral college to Hillary. Although that has happened before, it would be a huge deal this time because the media would play it up harder.  They want riots, they want a divided nation.  That is about the only way the two party system falls.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 12:58:34 PM »
The system is what it is and how it's always been.  On my ballot I will have Trump, Hillary, and Johnson.  I will vote for Johnson.  Alabama is going to go Trump by an overwhelming majority.  I have the choice of using my vote to say "Hell no, no more unqualified candidates!".   It won't make much difference, but at the end of the day I don't have to say, "I voted for the lesser of two evils".   If you go that route, you are still voting for evil. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 01:34:21 PM »
The system is what it is and how it's always been.  On my ballot I will have Trump, Hillary, and Johnson.  I will vote for Johnson.  Alabama is going to go Trump by an overwhelming majority.  I have the choice of using my vote to say "Hell no, no more unqualified candidates!".   It won't make much difference, but at the end of the day I don't have to say, "I voted for the lesser of two evils".   If you go that route, you are still voting for evil.

And really it just sanctimonious at that time. You can look back, beat your chest, and feel proud. But by your own admission, you took no risk at all.

In this election, you either vote FOR or AGAINST hitlary. There is no sanctimonious option.

The emergence of Trump has already shaken up the system. There are those form both parties voting for him.

His choice to run as a republican shows just how far left the dims are. So it seems, most folks are preferring a more middle option. And really, isn't that what the third party has wanted for a long time? No fringe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 01:40:38 PM »
And really it just sanctimonious at that time. You can look back, beat your chest, and feel proud. But by your own admission, you took no risk at all.

In this election, you either vote FOR or AGAINST hitlary. There is no sanctimonious option.

The emergence of Trump has already shaken up the system. There are those form both parties voting for him.

His choice to run as a republican shows just how far left the dims are. So it seems, most folks are preferring a more middle option. And really, isn't that what the third party has wanted for a long time? No fringe.

What you always seem to miss is the fact that I can vote for the candidate that I align with most ideally.  I align with neither Trump nor Hillary, neither get my vote.  It's my vote and I will do with it what makes me feel the best. 

I fail to see how I am being sanctimonious by voting with my conscious.  Pretty arrogant of you to tell me that I am wasting my vote or throwing it away.  In this election it's not you vote for Hillary or against Hillary.  It's not you vote for Trump or against Trump.  As in all elections, it's you vote for the candidate you like best and it's been that way since the system was put in place.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 01:42:39 PM »
What you always seem to miss is the fact that I can vote for the candidate that I align with most ideally.  I align with neither Trump nor Hillary, neither get my vote.  It's my vote and I will do with it what makes me feel the best. 

I fail to see how I am being sanctimonious by voting with my conscious.  Pretty arrogant of you to tell me that I am wasting my vote or throwing it away.  In this election it's not you vote for Hillary or against Hillary.  It's not you vote for Trump or against Trump.  As in all elections, it's you vote for the candidate you like best and it's been that way since the system was put in place.

I think it's sad that Gary Johnson is the best a 3rd party can drum up. I no more align with him on most things than the other two. Sorry but open borders is a biggie to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 02:04:28 PM »
I think it's sad that Gary Johnson is the best a 3rd party can drum up. I no more align with him on most things than the other two. Sorry but open borders is a biggie to me.

I am not with him 100% either.  He has several flaws as a candidate, but between Trump, Hillary and Johnson, I will go with Johnson everyday.  I have seen Hillary in Congress and Sec of State, I have no proof that Trump can govern, but Johnson was very successful in NM as Gov.  Between those choices, again,  I will take Johnson.

It's a damn shame that Rand Paul couldn't gain on his momentum from last spring and summer and build off his dad's grass roots organization.  That is who I wanted. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 02:06:49 PM »

YOU ARE WASTING YOUR VOTE!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 02:41:16 PM »

And yet.....

In this forum I've been called a knuckle dragger, a mouth breather, an idiot.  I've had my intelligence demeaned and my education questioned.  I've been branded a racist, a homophobe, a lover of xena and a trog. 

Why? Because I don't believe trump is a worse option than the hildebeest.  Because I'd rather support his candidacy than sign this country's death notice by voting for her or voting for her by proxy by supporting some dusty loon who has as much chance at being elected as Kanye west does. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 02:44:57 PM »
Don't sell yourself short, K.  You're a tremendous knuckle-dragger.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 02:52:56 PM »
a lover of xena

I think you misunderstood. 

I think they meant lover of
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 03:07:56 PM »

I think you misunderstood. 

I think they meant lover of

I thought it was the Warrior Princess.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."