Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

We know better than the voters...

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: We know better than the voters...
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2016, 05:24:56 PM »
Y'all are splitting hairs. His job is to represent the people who voted him in office, the people of his district. The people of his district have voted for Bernie Sanders. He deciding to go against what his constituents voted for and with his own agenda is exactly what's wrong with the dipshit politicians in office. And that is exactly why y'all are about to lose your god damn minds over Trump. So stop supporting arguments to back those dickheads in doing whatever they want instead of working for the people of their regions/districts.

I agree with the guy that Bernie Sanders is a lunatic, but that's not his job. His job is to represent his constituents.
First of all, I recommend you understand what a Superdelegate is and how that system is intentionally set up before speaking incorrectly about it.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=superdelegate
su·per·del·e·gate
ˈso͞opərˌdeləɡət/
noun
(in the Democratic Party) an unelected delegate who is free to support any candidate for the presidential nomination at the party's national convention.

Again, you people make arguments irrelevant to the point actually being argued which is HE DID NOT FUCKING SAY THE THING THE MEME SAYS HE SAID, and then you end up just doubling down on being wrong about the strawman argument you just propped up.

Which is why you should not get your news from a fucking photoshop without verifying for your self, or else you will end up being wrong as often as Kaos is.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 05:29:33 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2016, 05:31:31 PM »

He said he was selected by the Minnesota voters to make his decision, and said nothing about it being "despite what the people want".

It's not exactly what the meme says.

Wrong again.

But him choosing to support that bitch is in opposition to the voters who resoundingly supported Bernie. 

Therefore he is making his decision in defiance of the voters.  Substituting his judgment for theirs. 

Suppose Gus is the representative of the SEC to an NCAA Committee. The other programs overwhelmingly support a resolution banning satellite camps.  Gus goes and votes the opposite way because he doesn't have a problem with them.  He has substituted his opinion for that of the people he represents. 

I don't care who Frankenfuck personally votes for.  He's a moron.  But when he is selected by the people to represent their interests and the fuckhole opts to do what he wants as opposed to their will, he is abdicating his role. 

So.

You're wrong 10000000% + double infinity.
And fuck him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2016, 05:34:42 PM »
But him choosing to support that bitch is in opposition to the voters who resoundingly supported Bernie. 

Therefore he is making his decision in defiance of the voters.  Substituting his judgment for theirs. 

Suppose Gus is the representative of the SEC to an NCAA Committee. The other programs overwhelmingly support a resolution banning satellite camps.  Gus goes and votes the opposite way because he doesn't have a problem with them.  He has substituted his opinion for that of the people he represents. 

I don't care who Frankenfuck personally votes for.  He's a moron.  But when he is selected by the people to represent their interests and the fuckhole opts to do what he wants as opposed to their will, he is abdicating his role. 

So.

And fuck him.

Ooooooh, sorry, wrong again.

See the previous post:

su·per·del·e·gate
ˈso͞opərˌdeləɡət/
noun
(in the Democratic Party) an unelected delegate who is free to support any candidate for the presidential nomination at the party's national convention.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2016, 05:34:49 PM »

So.

And fuck him.

Ha.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2016, 06:18:58 PM »
Yeah, pretty clear on the Superdelegate thing.  Franken's a bitch but he's well within his rights.  wiki's so it's twue...

"Because they are free to support anyone they want, superdelegates could potentially swing the results to nominate a presidential candidate who did not receive the majority of votes during the primaries."

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2016, 09:04:40 PM »
Yeah, pretty clear on the Superdelegate thing.  Franken's a bitch but he's well within his rights.  wiki's so it's twue...

"Because they are free to support anyone they want, superdelegates could potentially swing the results to nominate a presidential candidate who did not receive the majority of votes during the primaries."

I get that.  But.... 

He is dismissing the preferrence of the people of his state and substituting his own. That can't be any clearer. 

Just because he can, just because it's within his rights, just because he doesn't HAVE to follow the wishies of his electorate does not change in any fashion the very simple fact that he IS ignoring it. 

That meme didn't say whether it was his right to do so.  Just said that he was doing something that didn't follow what the voters said. If you bothered to watch the video you can clearly see the smarmy cocksucker say that his opinion was more important. 

The people spoke.  Al Frankenfucker cares not what they feel.  His viewpoint is more valid than theirs. 

Can or can't is utterly irrelevant here. The fact is he did.  PERIOD. End of story. 

Chizad can pick up his check at the wronger than fuck office between the hours of 9 am and 3 pm Monday - Thursday. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2016, 09:23:26 PM »
I get that.  But....

I don't think you do.

He is dismissing the preferrence of the people of his state and substituting his own. That can't be any clearer.

Just because he can, just because it's within his rights, just because he doesn't HAVE to follow the wishies of his electorate does not change in any fashion the very simple fact that he IS ignoring it. 

You are clearly ignorant of the role of a Superdelegate and what it is specifically designed to do. By definition, "the people of his state" don't factor into the equation.

That meme didn't say whether it was his right to do so.  Just said that he was doing something that didn't follow what the voters said.

The meme said he was asked WHY he didn't follow what the voters said and he ANSWERED that question by saying his opinion was more important. The true part was just the setup to the part designed to rile up idiots. Is English like your fifth language or something?

If you bothered to watch the video you can clearly see the smarmy cocksucker say that his opinion was more important.

Didn't say it. It's like a 10 second clip and I quoted every single thing he says on it directly and in it's entirety. You're just lying. What's his exact quote? This is just amazingly wrong.

The people spoke.  Al Frankenfucker cares not what they feel.  His viewpoint is more valid than theirs. 

Can or can't is utterly irrelevant here. The fact is he did.  PERIOD. End of story. 

Chizad can pick up his check at the wronger than fuck office between the hours of 9 am and 3 pm Monday - Thursday.

Your first language must be wrongness because you can't exhale without being wrong 15 times.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2016, 11:31:18 PM »
Not driving now.  Was this said? 

In a CNN interview, Senator Al Franken confirmed he planned to break with voters in his state by casting his superdelegate vote for Hillary Clinton; Franken's constituents overwhelmingly selected Sen. Bernie Sanders in the state's caucuses; Franken said that by electing him to office, his constituents affirmed their confidence in his judgment.

If the answer is yes, then I still say he should vote for the nominee his constitutes selected.  I get that he doesn't have to, and isn't bound to do it. But that is stupid.  And will likely cost him in his next election.

Again, this is the stupid bullshit that have caused the rise of Trump. But still half the country is pulling their hair out wondering why Trump is a thing.

In the end, it still doesn't matter. Bernie can't win, but at least now it isn't the GOP that is the only fucked party.  I hope this is the end of all parties.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 11:37:29 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2016, 11:49:58 PM »
Also, someone explain to me what the fuck is the point of the democratic primary if the super delegates are going to control the vote anyway?  The Democratic Party is worse off than the GOP, and that's saying a lot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2016, 11:57:04 PM »
I'm going to try to make this simple for Chizad since his seething rage obscures his vision. 

1.  What state is Al Fuckenfarter from?  Minnesota.
2. What was the result of Minnesota's primary? Sanders got 62% of the vote, Clinton 38%.  That's not a slim margin or a result that leaves much room for interpretation. Resoundingly against Clinton.
3. What is Al Frunkencockhole's position in regard to the democratic convention?  He's an unpledged delegate free to support whoever he chooses.
4. Is he required to do what the people he represents wish?  Nope.  Sure isn't. 
5. If he is from Minnesota and represents the people of Minnesota -- officially or unofficially -- and he decides to substitute his opinion for their will has he not, therefore, made the unequivocal statement that HIS opinion is of greater value than theirs?  Why yes.  Yes he fucking has. 

And he said as much in that clip you failed to watch or understand. 

"I think Democratic voters who elected me to the Senate want me to exercise my judgement on who I think would be the best president of the United States and I think that person is Hillary Clinton."

The voters who elected him to the Senate very clearly want to support someone other than Hillary.  "Exercise my judgement" means exactly the same thing as "Ignore Their Wishes" or "My Judgment Is More Important Than Theirs" in this case. 

How can you possibly look at it any differently?  The people he represents sent a very clear message.  He's going to "exercise his judgment" and reject that message.   There's no equivocation.  He's deemed his judgment to be more valid, important, rational, sane, whatever the fuck you want to call it, than his people. 

You lost this discussion hours and hours ago and are doing nothing more than honking in the wind since. 

There's absolutely no other way to interpret it.  Unless you're a raving loon. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2016, 12:29:44 AM »
I'm going to try to make this simple for Chizad since his seething rage obscures his vision. 

2. What was the result of Minnesota's primary? Sanders got 62% of the vote, Clinton 38%.  That's not a slim margin or a result that leaves much room for interpretation. Resoundingly against Clinton.
3. What is Al Frunkencockhole's position in regard to the democratic convention?  He's an unpledged delegate free to support whoever he chooses.
5. If he is from Minnesota and represents the people of Minnesota -- officially or unofficially -- and he decides to substitute his opinion for their will has he not, therefore, made the unequivocal statement that HIS opinion is of greater value than theirs?  Why yes.  Yes he fucking has. 

"I think Democratic voters who elected me to the Senate want me to exercise my judgement on who I think would be the best president of the United States and I think that person is Hillary Clinton."

The voters who elected him to the Senate very clearly want to support someone other than Hillary.  "Exercise my judgement" means exactly the same thing as "Ignore Their Wishes" or "My Judgment Is More Important Than Theirs" in this case. 

How can you possibly look at it any differently?  The people he represents sent a very clear message.  He's going to "exercise his judgment" and reject that message.   There's no equivocation.  He's deemed his judgment to be more valid, important, rational, sane, whatever the fuck you want to call it, than his people. 

You lost this discussion hours and hours ago and are doing nothing more than honking in the wind since. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2016, 12:31:38 AM »
And he responds with another favorite celebrity.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2016, 12:43:46 AM »
And he responds with another favorite celebrity.

Better that than another misguided rant. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2016, 07:56:09 AM »
Also, someone explain to me what the fuck is the point of the democratic primary if the super delegates are going to control the vote anyway?  The Democratic Party is worse off than the GOP, and that's saying a lot.

Also, someone explain to me what the fuck is the point of the general election if the electoral college is going to control the vote anyway?

Also...

I get that.  But.... 

That meme didn't say whether it was his right to do so.  Just said that he was doing something that didn't follow what the voters said. If you bothered to watch the video you can clearly see the smarmy cocksucker say that his opinion was more important. 

Ha.

And...

Ha.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2016, 08:41:41 AM »
Y'all are splitting hairs. His job is to represent the people who voted him in office, the people of his district. The people of his district have voted for Bernie Sanders. He deciding to go against what his constituents voted for and with his own agenda is exactly what's wrong with the dipshit politicians in office. And that is exactly why y'all are about to lose your god damn minds over Trump. So stop supporting arguments to back those dickheads in doing whatever they want instead of working for the people of their regions/districts.

I agree with the guy that Bernie Sanders is a lunatic, but that's not his job. His job is to represent his constituents.

What I've been trying to say for the last day. It's not about liking or disliking Trump or Bernie. It's about these same slime ball politicians on a power trip doing things in their own interests and not the people's. People are sick of that shit. And the end result is that the country is worse off after every term of every congressman, senator and president with the exception of a few up there who have done the right (and unpopular) things. The cronyism and dipshit politicians are what have caused this. People don't feel they are being listened to. And whether Bernie or Trump are the answer or not, people feel like they are cut from a different cloth than the bullshit that's been fed to them thus far.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2016, 08:49:40 AM »
Also, someone explain to me what the fuck is the point of the general election if the electoral college is going to control the vote anyway.

Because the popular vote in a state controls that system that flows uphill.  The electoral college is bound in a general. If Georgia votes for Trump in general then he gets all those delegates for Georgia. No flex. No negotiation. Super delegates in a primary can do what they want regardless of what the people vote for. That's a big difference. In fact total opposites.

What if I told you the superdelegate have been stacked for Hillary since before this thing started and that she was getting them regardless of the vote in each state. Wouldn't you say that's pretty unethical and rigged?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 08:52:09 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2016, 09:10:15 AM »
Because the popular vote in a state controls that system that flows uphill.  The electoral college is bound in a general.  If Georgia votes for Trump in general then he gets all those delegates for Georgia. No flex. No negotiation. 

Not exactly true.

From the Electoral College's own website:

Electors in these States are not bound by State Law to cast their vote for a specific candidate:

ARIZONA
ARKANSAS
DELAWARE
GEORGIA
IDAHO
ILLINOIS
INDIANA
IOWA
KANSAS
KENTUCKY
LOUISIANA
MINNESOTA
MISSOURI
NEW HAMPSHIRE
NEW JERSEY
NEW YORK
NORTH DAKOTA
PENNSYLVANIA
RHODE ISLAND
SOUTH DAKOTA
TENNESSEE
TEXAS
UTAH
WEST VIRGINIA

http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/electoral-college/electors.html

What if I told you the superdelegate have been stacked for Hillary since before this thing started and that she was getting them regardless of the vote in each state. Wouldn't you say that's pretty unethical and rigged?

Rigged?  I'd say that the rules are in place and Hillary is better at playing the game. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2016, 09:27:50 AM »
Rigged?  I'd say that the rules are in place and Hillary is better at playing the game.

Yep. She deserves to be President.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2016, 09:36:06 AM »
Not exactly true.

From the Electoral College's own website:

Electors in these States are not bound by State Law to cast their vote for a specific candidate:

ARIZONA
ARKANSAS
DELAWARE
GEORGIA
IDAHO
ILLINOIS
INDIANA
IOWA
KANSAS
KENTUCKY
LOUISIANA
MINNESOTA
MISSOURI
NEW HAMPSHIRE
NEW JERSEY
NEW YORK
NORTH DAKOTA
PENNSYLVANIA
RHODE ISLAND
SOUTH DAKOTA
TENNESSEE
TEXAS
UTAH
WEST VIRGINIA

http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/electoral-college/electors.html

But they do typically. Traditionally anyway.  Very rare not to. With the superdelegates it's a lot more common.

What I was getting at with Hillary is that it's popular opinion that she has had these superdelegates stacked since before this thing even got rolling with the help of her enormous influence ($ + the Clinton slush fund aka foundation) and Debbie Wasserman Shultz , the dnc chair. Bernie never even had a chance. This thing was pre-decided. That's pretty shitty to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2016, 09:36:20 AM »
Yep. She deserves to be President.

Not what I'm saying.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions