Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Disturbed Zombies

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Disturbed Zombies
« on: May 02, 2016, 11:54:59 PM »
Going tomorrow night to see Pop Evil, Rob Zombie and Disturbed. 

Fully expect to be face melted before that's over.  I love concerts, everything but country -- Charlie Daniels excluded because he was (in about 1980) absolutely fantastic. 

Pretty excited about the monstrous crunch potential tomorrow.  Loudest thing I've ever been to was AC/DC in Birmingham in about 1988.  They had the cannons suspended from the ceiling and I was on the floor under those things.  During "For Those About to Rock" they hit them 20 times or so.  I could feel every one of them in the middle of my chest.  I didn't hear anything but "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" for nearly a week.  Wasn't sure my hearing was going to come completely back.  What? 

Don't think this will be to that extreme, but after a couple of years of Styx, Elton, KISS, Def Lepard, Crue, Hall & Oates, Foreigner, Alice Cooper and so on I'm really looking forward to being violated with sound.  I love the structure of Disturbed's songs too.  And how can you pass on Rob Z?  Dragula. Live?   

Will obviously review it when I come to my senses. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Disturbed Zombies
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 10:03:53 AM »
Would be curious to see if Rob still plays Dragula for the masses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 02:55:28 PM »
Rob Zombie

He's a great director!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 03:18:26 PM »
Yeah, I am the astro-creep. A demolition style Hell American freak, yeah.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 02:24:16 AM »
Okay.  Here it is. 

First the bands.

Pop Evil
Essentially Alice In Chains lite.  Pretty decent, good energy. Might have been better if I'd known more than one of their songs.

Rob Zombie
Interesting show.  Rob was a little uneven.  His vocals were mushy at times to the point that it was difficult to recognize what he was singing.  He did a good job of interacting with the crowd, cursing security, and bounding around the stage.  I knew more of his songs, but he lost me on a couple of them too.  Definitely loud and intriguing at times.

Disturbed
David Draiman may look like Howie Mandell, but he's got some serious power as a singer.  Was impressed with his vocal strength, and the tightness of the sound overall, song for song.  Used a lot of fire and lighting, which I liked.  Into the Fire was probably the best performance, but the entire show was very polished.  Some crowd interaction and he sang some covers.  The crowd was probably most energized during a cover of Rage Against the Machine's Killing In the Name. 

Now let's talk crowd.  It was pathetic.  Absolutely pathetic.  Well short of half full at the Mississippi Gulf Coast Arena.  Probably closer to 1/3.  The floor was only about a quarter covered, the first rim was maybe 1/2 to 2/3 full and the cavernous upper levels were almost completely empty.  Standing on the stage, they were staring at a completely vacant ring of seats at the back of the arena.  Yeah, I get that it was a Tuesday night.  I get that school is still in session.  But still.  Why would a band of any import bother to book a place that can't get itself together for the first Disturbed visit in at least five years, on a tour that reunited the band.  It was really sad and distressing. 

The crowd skewed significantly older than I would have thought.  It also skewed heavily to the morbidly obese. I don't think I've ever seen that many male and female buffalos in one place.  None of the guys on the row behind us could fit in the arena seats.  They tried to wedge themselves in, but it didn't work. 

Grossly stretched spandex, 6X tshirts and cargo shorts galore.  It was horrific. Like a lard laden train wreck.  There were a few wafers (* looks good from wa-fer off) but really only one or two of those.  Ugliest audience I've ever seen. 

Most of what wasn't swole like a hog that's been laying dead in the sun for a week fit into two camps:
a) Nerdy losers
b) Meth carnival

There was a guy three rows in front of me who was probably late 20s, early 30s. Long shaggy hair, beard and Marilyn Manson tshirt.  He was there with his freaking mom who had to give him money to go get a pretzel and a beer.   I started to tell him Bernie won Indiana but I didn't want to see his erection.

And my final comment.  Screw anybody who vapes.  Take that stinking cloud outside like people who smoke have to.  I don't want to smell your fragrance.  I'm now firmly on the "ban vaping from public buildings" bus. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.