Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

This is why we can't have nice things

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: This is why we can't have nice things
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2016, 09:01:48 AM »
Fast times at Auburn University. Pot should be freaking legal, but this backwards ass state refuses to legalize what God gave freely to His creation. The problem is this fucking hayrake state and not the kids. Sure it's illegal, but so is DWI, and folks do it without getting caught. Maybe these kids aren't very slick, but neither is "The Love Gov".

« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 09:05:23 AM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2016, 09:19:36 AM »
Fast times at Auburn University. Pot should be freaking legal, but this backwards ass state refuses to legalize what God gave freely to His creation. The problem is this fucking hayrake state and not the kids. Sure it's illegal, but so is DWI, and folks do it without getting caught. Maybe these kids aren't very slick, but neither is "The Love Gov".

This is like every argument NOT to make for legalizing...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2016, 09:37:00 AM »

Okay, I am not savvy with respect to politics or debates, however, my heart desires a less intrusive governoring body that actually protects my rights rather than limiting them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2016, 09:54:38 AM »
Even if it were legal, it would be legal for 21+.

I guess possession of weed by a minor would not make the news?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2016, 10:01:03 AM »
Even if it were legal, it would be legal for 21+.

I guess possession of weed by a minor would not make the news?

Depends on the color of said minor's skin and jersey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2016, 10:06:05 AM »
Nom Nom Marshall wrote a piece on this and our local sports talk guy read some of it this morning.  The first thing I noted was that from what he's seen, the 4 weren't impaired, high, stoned, F'd up.  I've heard nothing on the circumstances of the arrests, but if they weren't, it sounds like the very familiar scenario of multiple people in the car, get pulled over, cop sees weed, a pipe, whatever.  No one steps up and claims it so everyone charged.  Could be. Just a guess.  Anyway, Marshall surprisingly noms his way through a take you wouldn't expect, essentially saying our laws and views on Mary Jane are outdated and what needs to happen with the 4 is no time missed but run them til they puke several times.  They've already served punishment enough by having their names splashed across every national media outlet....and 46 times on al.com.(My words)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2016, 10:16:56 AM »
Nom Nom Marshall wrote a piece on this and our local sports talk guy read some of it this morning.  The first thing I noted was that from what he's seen, the 4 weren't impaired, high, stoned, F'd up.  I've heard nothing on the circumstances of the arrests, but if they weren't, it sounds like the very familiar scenario of multiple people in the car, get pulled over, cop sees weed, a pipe, whatever.  No one steps up and claims it so everyone charged.  Could be. Just a guess.  Anyway, Marshall surprisingly noms his way through a take you wouldn't expect, essentially saying our laws and views on Mary Jane are outdated and what needs to happen with the 4 is no time missed but run them til they puke several times.  They've already served punishment enough by having their names splashed across every national media outlet....and 46 times on al.com.(My words)

Totally agree with this. I see this today the same as under-aged drinking. But Malzahn does not have that luxury.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2016, 10:26:15 AM »
BTW, + $1.00 to AU1 for the title of this thread.  I hate that all this happened but the title made me giggle like a young school girl at a sleepover pillow fight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2016, 11:48:36 AM »

Plus there is the fed gov aspect of it he is leaving out....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2016, 01:11:45 PM »
Hey, if we aren't ranked high this year, at least we can rest assured that our players will continue the tradition of staying high.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2016, 02:07:40 PM »
Okay, I am not savvy with respect to politics or debates

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2016, 09:07:42 PM »

BTW, cavemen don't wear underwear and suits.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 09:13:40 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2016, 10:29:01 PM »
I don't see what all the fuss is about. These 4 young men obviously identify as Jamaicans.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2016, 10:38:24 PM »
I don't see what all the fuss is about. These 4 young men obviously identify as Jamaicans.

They were just jamming.  But, everything's gonna' be alright.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2016, 09:21:36 AM »
We (Auburn) can't have nice things because we dare fly in the face of the accepted and expected powers that be and they push back against us. Been thinking a lot about this having watched 11.22.63 (which is, at best, uneven) and the principle there about how when they try to change the past, the past pushes back, sometimes violently. 2010 was magic, no doubt about it. But look at the cost. Instead of being the steady, tried and true program most of us grew up with and loved we have become a roller coaster of dysfunction. Our fan base has become the enemy wearing different colors. No one outside of the circle remembers or associates Auburn with the goods. We are the program that paid Cam, had a 5-19 coach that we got impatient with and fired, were a smoke-and-mirrors team that couldn't beat FSU in a game where both teams were seen as the black hats, and now we are on a downward spiral with vultures circling the athletics complex.

I miss Pay Dye and the 80s.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 10:39:36 AM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2016, 09:27:53 AM »
BTW, cavemen don't wear underwear and suits.

Oh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2016, 09:50:26 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2016, 09:52:39 AM »
We (Auburn) can't have nice things because we dare fly in the face of the accepted and expected powers that be and they push back against us. Been thinking a lot about this having watched 11.22.63 (which is, at best, uneven) and the principle there about how when they try to change the past, the past pushes back, sometimes violently. 2010 was magic, no doubt about it. But look at the cost. Instead of being the steady, tried and true program most of us grew up with and loved we have become a roller coaster of dysfunction. Our fan base has become the enemy wearing different colors. No one outside of the circle remembers or associates Auburn with the goods. We are the program that paid Cam, had a 5-19 coach that we got impatient with and fired, were a smoke-and-mirrors team that couldn't beat FSU in a game where both teams were seen as the black hats, and now we are on a downward spiral with vultures circling the athletics complex.

Fuck this world and everything in it.

Deep down, I totally agree with you. It's a shame that "GRIT" is missing from this program and replaced with something I can't even name. I really thought things were turning around for us, but this lastest stunt proves we are not consistent. While I stated above that pot should be legalized, what I failed to mention is that same drug occupied my life for far too long and helped lead me to a career path that is not my first choice. While still my fault due to the choices I made, I'm recanting my position on the legslization issue. Anything that replaces or stunts a person's true desire, and dreams, should not be a part of their lives.

Immaturity is the issue here along with selfish desires, bad influence, grandious delusions and a tremendous lack of respect for the school as a whole.

What happened to the good ole days and when did they change?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2016, 12:47:59 PM »

Why?  Because people usually kept it down home, cuz?  Plenty of ups and downs with Dye throughout his tenure.  Pat Dye did a lot of great things but the most important was putting us back on an even playing field with Bama.  Made us not be afraid to punch them in the mouf.  But he also had some tough times and ultimately landed us in hot water with the NCAA.

Auburn football has always been a rollercoaster.  But I think we as fans have a little problem with self-perception.  Those things you mentioned all happened but the only ones really thinking of the Auburn program in those terms are Bammers for the sole purpose of smack talk...along with al.com for the sole purpose of hanging the "Little brother" moniker on us and elevating the mahty tahd. The Cam Newton thing may never go away on a national level simply because he may be the greatest one year player in history and he took us to a MNC.  But every time someone brings it up, I just smile and say "Yeah, and don't you wish your school had offered $185K?"  Never had anyone disagree with me yet.

You're worried about the perception of Auburn.  Tell me about your perception of Alabama.  I don't think I need to expound on that.  How about Ole Miss?  Irrelevant since the 60's and we're finding out now the only reason they're even competitive now is they started playing the game. $$$.  About to get slapped back down where they belong.  Would you rather be Kentucky football?  Our cheer is Boda-Geta.  Theirs is "Wait til basketball season".  Georgia?  1,000 suspensions  and the most smack talking fans whose program hasn't done one damn thing since Hershey Walker over 30 years ago.  We're 3-2 in the SECCG.  Have they even won a game in Atlanta? Miss. State whose greatest player of all time is Pax Drescott.  Any SEC Championships since you were born?  Arkansas?  Didn't they go to Atlanta once about 15 years ago?

We'll always fight the battle here in State.  Just part of life being an Auburn fan.  But nationally, I don't think we're the villain and I'm 100% certain there's a whoooooole lot of fans that would trade places with us in a heartbeat.  From the wiki's (Which makes it true):

"Five Auburn teams have been awarded a National Championship by an NCAA documented selector—1913, 1957, 1983, 1993, and 2010.[43] However, only the 1957 title, awarded by the Associated Press,[44] and the BCS National Championship in 2010 are claimed outright by the University. Four additional teams have also been named national champions by a minor selector, though none are recognized—1910, 1914, 1958, and 2004."

In addition, we have 8 SEC Championships.  I'll put our resume up against 90% or 364/415ths of the programs in the nation.  Fuck any haters out there.       

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2016, 01:43:58 PM »
Why?  Because people usually kept it down home, cuz?  Plenty of ups and downs with Dye throughout his tenure.  Pat Dye did a lot of great things but the most important was putting us back on an even playing field with Bama.  Made us not be afraid to punch them in the mouf.  But he also had some tough times and ultimately landed us in hot water with the NCAA.

Auburn football has always been a rollercoaster.  But I think we as fans have a little problem with self-perception.  Those things you mentioned all happened but the only ones really thinking of the Auburn program in those terms are Bammers for the sole purpose of smack talk...along with al.com for the sole purpose of hanging the "Little brother" moniker on us and elevating the mahty tahd. The Cam Newton thing may never go away on a national level simply because he may be the greatest one year player in history and he took us to a MNC.  But every time someone brings it up, I just smile and say "Yeah, and don't you wish your school had offered $185K?"  Never had anyone disagree with me yet.

You're worried about the perception of Auburn.  Tell me about your perception of Alabama.  I don't think I need to expound on that.  How about Ole Miss?  Irrelevant since the 60's and we're finding out now the only reason they're even competitive now is they started playing the game. $$$.  About to get slapped back down where they belong.  Would you rather be Kentucky football?  Our cheer is Boda-Geta.  Theirs is "Wait til basketball season".  Georgia?  1,000 suspensions  and the most smack talking fans whose program hasn't done one damn thing since Hershey Walker over 30 years ago.  We're 3-2 in the SECCG.  Have they even won a game in Atlanta? Miss. State whose greatest player of all time is Pax Drescott.  Any SEC Championships since you were born?  Arkansas?  Didn't they go to Atlanta once about 15 years ago?

We'll always fight the battle here in State.  Just part of life being an Auburn fan.  But nationally, I don't think we're the villain and I'm 100% certain there's a whoooooole lot of fans that would trade places with us in a heartbeat.  From the wiki's (Which makes it true):

"Five Auburn teams have been awarded a National Championship by an NCAA documented selector—1913, 1957, 1983, 1993, and 2010.[43] However, only the 1957 title, awarded by the Associated Press,[44] and the BCS National Championship in 2010 are claimed outright by the University. Four additional teams have also been named national champions by a minor selector, though none are recognized—1910, 1914, 1958, and 2004."

In addition, we have 8 SEC Championships.  I'll put our resume up against 90% or 364/415ths of the programs in the nation.  Fuck any haters out there.     

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum