Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Get Your Kid Golf Lessons

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Get Your Kid Golf Lessons
« on: June 01, 2016, 02:36:49 PM »
There was a piece in our local kitty litter liner yesterday on a young guy, Thomas Ponder, who was named Dothan Golfer of the Year.  He and my son are the same age and both just finished 9th grade.  He started getting into golf heavily at about 8 or 9 years old and has now been the 10 and under Future Masters Champion and the top golfer for Providence Christian on two State Championship teams. His scoring average is just over 73.

His dad is a great guy, but that's a contradiction because he's a raging Bammer so unfortunately, Ponder will most likely be golfing for the bad guys.  When you've got a kid that's basically shooting par golf and winning championships in the 8th and 9th grades, there's a good chance he can make a living at it.  I know there are thousands of young golfing phenoms world wide, and I'm not saying this kid has what it takes to make the big show.  No idea what the future holds.  But, at the very least, he'll get his college paid for, and....

Jordan Spieth is only 22.  He's made $23 million in winnings through last season, plus an additional $10 mil from Fed Ex Cup monies. Already at just over $4 mil this year.  Oh, and since 2012, he's earned $114 mil in endorsements.  You spend your working life traveling around the world to some of the coolest and most exotic places.  You hang out at country clubs and play golf on the most beautiful, finely manicured courses.  You have someone carry your clubs for you and tell you the yardage of every shot and the lay of the land.  And people pay big money to come watch you do this.   

And you don't have to worry about concussions.

I tried several times to get my kid into it. No interest. Zip, zilch.   :facepalm:   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Get Your Kid Golf Lessons
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 03:40:00 PM »
There was a piece in our local kitty litter liner yesterday on a young guy, Thomas Ponder, who was named Dothan Golfer of the Year.  He and my son are the same age and both just finished 9th grade.  He started getting into golf heavily at about 8 or 9 years old and has now been the 10 and under Future Masters Champion and the top golfer for Providence Christian on two State Championship teams. His scoring average is just over 73.

His dad is a great guy, but that's a contradiction because he's a raging Bammer so unfortunately, Ponder will most likely be golfing for the bad guys.  When you've got a kid that's basically shooting par golf and winning championships in the 8th and 9th grades, there's a good chance he can make a living at it.  I know there are thousands of young golfing phenoms world wide, and I'm not saying this kid has what it takes to make the big show.  No idea what the future holds.  But, at the very least, he'll get his college paid for, and....

Jordan Spieth is only 22.  He's made $23 million in winnings through last season, plus an additional $10 mil from Fed Ex Cup monies. Already at just over $4 mil this year.  Oh, and since 2012, he's earned $114 mil in endorsements.  You spend your working life traveling around the world to some of the coolest and most exotic places.  You hang out at country clubs and play golf on the most beautiful, finely manicured courses.  You have someone carry your clubs for you and tell you the yardage of every shot and the lay of the land.  And people pay big money to come watch you do this.   

I tried several times to get my kid into it. No interest. Zip, zilch.   :facepalm:

and that's why I have grandpa taking my 5 year old out on the course.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 03:43:11 PM »
Even if your kid isn't interested in playing golf, the world needs ditch diggers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 03:50:41 PM »
Even if your kid isn't interested in playing golf, the world needs ditch diggers.

We're having a party at the club....how'd you like to come by..... and mow my lawn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 03:51:23 PM »

Right in the lumber yard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 03:53:42 PM »
I got it from a negro, you're probably already high.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 03:57:13 PM »
 I'll slack you off, you fuzzy little foreigner.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 04:02:30 PM »
I got it from a negro, you're probably already high.

PORTERHOUSE.... look at the wax build-up on these shoes. This is fine leather.  I want this wax stripped off of there and I want them creamed and buffed with a fine chamois and I want them now!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 04:05:41 PM »

I didn't see the word Auburn or football in this one time? (Sports...Football is there anything else? Discuss.)

and

A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 04:12:14 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 04:12:12 PM »

I didn't see the word Auburn or football in this one time?

I'll allow it.  Winter rules.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 04:15:19 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2016, 04:47:44 PM »
Spalding, this calls for the Billy Baroo
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 04:54:06 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2016, 02:53:25 PM »
Help me bus tables Danny.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2016, 04:23:39 PM »
She's been plucked more times than the Rose of Tralee. Biggest whore on Fifth Avenue, I'm told!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2016, 04:54:10 PM »
Help me bus tables Danny.
I think we have enough butter
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2016, 05:12:25 PM »
Gunga galunga
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions