Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Free Speech = Fired

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Free Speech = Fired
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2016, 02:03:40 PM »
If y'all want true insider knowledge, just ask me. I'm submerged and gasping for air amidst some of the bullshit coming from progressives in academia.

A few things you can look forward to. Maybe you've already read some:

Obesity (since Snaggie brought it up) and Fat Body Acceptance

Disability Studies (There's no such thing as a disability. Only social structures of inaccessibility with ideological language constructions to "other" and marginalize those who are different)

Ableism (Stemming from disability studies - This is the privileging of able-bodies. Think of it like the new definition of racism. Racism only exists when those with societal power use their power to oppress others. Disabilities are people with a characteristic that separates them from the established norms. For example, a person confined to a wheelchair is only abnormal in a world that has normativized the concept of having two working legs.)

Mental Illness or Mentalism (Just like the previous two except dealing with mental illness. So autism isn't a problem; it's just a set of characteristics that differ from the social norm. By using language to say "cure autism" or "figure out what causes autism," you are marginalizing those with autism instead of asking what society could change to include those with autism. See this article for example: http://thescientificparent.org/vaccines-dont-cause-autism-but-thats-not-the-point/)

Queer Theory (It's the idea that we should accept our sexual deviancy as being part of our identity. There are no fixed categories of identity because our sexuality is fluid and personal. Because society has normativized heterosexuality, our worldview has been skewed by an ideology that is unnatural to us. Essentially, it's saying we're all queer in some way and should only celebrate things that acknowledge that queerness.)

It's unfortunate that the humanities has decided to focus on this bullshit. There's so much there that could be studied and advertised. And they wonder why enrollment and funding is falling across the board.
Dude, you are welcome to your own opinion. No doubt. But at least consider how you say things and know your audience.

I assume that you know that most guys on here are fat or queer. Many are both. But they have feelings.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2016, 11:32:08 AM »
All this commotion for .3% of the population????

I dare guess there are way more pedophiles than trannies.  What are we going to legitamize next?
I blame the sexy kids.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2016, 11:35:22 AM »
AWK is their Einstein
Nomination - Post of the Year
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2016, 12:00:41 PM »
I blame the sexy kids.

Jerry, you'll appreciate this...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2016, 12:36:39 PM »
Schilling fires back.  dot I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth. of fox

A week after he was fired as an analyst from ESPN, former major league pitcher Curt Schilling is firing a brushback pitch at the network, claiming he was unfairly targeted for his conservative beliefs.

Schilling, a Hall of Fame contender after a brilliant career during which he won three World Series, was sacked by the “Worldwide Leader in Sports” after he posted a meme on Facebook protesting recent laws allowing transgendered people to use whichever bathroom they wish. ESPN claimed Schilling’s post violated a company policy prohibiting analysts from discussing politics.

“It was apparent to me early on that if you wanted to go off topic as a sports person, you had to go off topic left, or you were going to get in trouble,” Schilling said during a radio appearance on SiriusXM’s “Breitbart News Patriot Forum.” “Some of the most racist things I’ve ever heard have come out of people that are on the air at ESPN. They’re some of the biggest racists in sports commentating.”

He went on to say, “The memo that went out to everybody went out to all of us the same, which is: If you are a sport person stick to sports, don’t get involved in the political arena.

“In the end for me it felt like that rule applied to me and me alone because I was conservative…Bigots are calling me a bigot. A bigot is someone who refuses to accept a different opinion. I will accept anyone’s opinion.”

Asked later by Newsday to clarify his comments, Schilling pointed to several fellow commentators who’ve voiced controversial sentiments yet received little or no discipline.

“You listen to Stephen A. Smith, and Stephen A. Smith was the guy who said that Robert Griffin didn’t play quarterback for the Redskins because he’s black,” Schilling said. “No, Robert Griffin didn’t play quarterback for the Redskins because he [stunk].

“…Tony Kornheiser compared the Tea Party to ISIS. I don’t know any planet where those are sports topics. But I don’t care. It’s OK. I think those conversations need to happen. But as soon as you go to the flip side, the right side, there are repercussions for not talking about sports.”

The transgender post was not Schilling’s first encounter with ESPN brass. He was suspended last year for posting another Facebook meme, this one comparing the number of Muslim extremists to the number of Nazis in Germany during Adolph Hitler’s reign.

Schilling, 49, pitched 20 seasons for the Phillies, Diamondbacks, Red Sox, Orioles and Astros. He was 216-146 with a 3.46 ERA and finished second in Cy Young Award voting three times. An outstanding postseason performer, Schilling was 11-2 with a 2.23 ERA in 19 playoff starts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2016, 01:43:55 PM »
There's a lot of money to be made for anyone with the gumption to start an alternative sports network.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2016, 01:50:05 PM »
There's a lot of money to be made for anyone with the gumption to start an alternative sports network.

You are correct sir.  I do not watch any ESPN unless there is a foosball game I want to see.  Anyone that actually had a sports network that had ESPN's format from about 15 years ago would kill in my opinion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2016, 01:54:39 PM »
You are correct sir.  I do not watch any ESPN unless there is a foosball game I want to see.  Anyone that actually had a sports network that had ESPN's format from about 15 years ago would kill in my opinion.

Thing is, I don't think they care. You have to buy some sort of package to get ESPN. They make their money. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2016, 01:55:54 PM »

Thing is, I don't think they care. You have to buy some sort of package to get ESPN. They make their money.

They make part of their money.  They still sell advertising spots.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2016, 08:46:14 AM »
Not just fired.   Erased from history. 

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/05/espn-cut-curt-schilling-bloody-sock-game-6-30-for-30-red-sox-four-days-in-october

They removed the game he pitched against the Yankees with a torn Achilles from a "Four Days in October" documentary covering the 2004 AL Championship comeback. 

"Time constraints" led to not mentioning that game they said. 

Schilling going inning after inning with blood soaking his sock was one of the gutsiest things I've ever seen. It was one of the most critical and important parts of that series.  But in a pissant, PC hissy fit ESPN pretended it didn't happen. 

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK ESPN. 

There has to be some recourse. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2016, 09:02:22 AM »
Not just fired.   Erased from history. 

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/05/espn-cut-curt-schilling-bloody-sock-game-6-30-for-30-red-sox-four-days-in-october

They removed the game he pitched against the Yankees with a torn Achilles from a "Four Days in October" documentary covering the 2004 AL Championship comeback. 

"Time constraints" led to not mentioning that game they said. 

Schilling going inning after inning with blood soaking his sock was one of the gutsiest things I've ever seen. It was one of the most critical and important parts of that series.  But in a pissant, PC hissy fit ESPN pretended it didn't happen. 

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK ESPN. 

There has to be some recourse.

Wasn't there some follow up that showed the bloody sock to be a hoax?  I seem to remember that, but hate baseball too much to spend time googling.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2016, 10:27:16 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2016, 10:31:24 AM »
Wasn't there some follow up that showed the bloody sock to be a hoax?  I seem to remember that, but hate baseball too much to spend time googling.

No. 

Schilling had a tendon reattached in his ankle.  The blood was from the stitches rupturing. 

I thought it was an Achilles, but looked it up after I saw what the ESPN bastards did. 

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/11/curt-schilling-bloody-sock-ketchup-truthers-boston-red-sox-mlb

So.  Fuck ESPN. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2016, 10:44:43 AM »
Memory holed him for crimethink.

1984 was about 30 years late, but it's here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2016, 11:16:09 AM »
No. 

Schilling had a tendon reattached in his ankle.  The blood was from the stitches rupturing. 

I thought it was an Achilles, but looked it up after I saw what the ESPN bastards did. 

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/11/curt-schilling-bloody-sock-ketchup-truthers-boston-red-sox-mlb

So.  Fuck ESPN.

Oh.  Ok.

Still baseball, so who cares?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions