Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The official 2016 MLB bitch and moan thread!

Re: The official 2016 MLB bitch and moan thread!
« Reply #280 on: October 26, 2016, 08:31:47 AM »
Why is Miller in so early?

I thought he was always the setup guy.

I think the fact that the Cubs actually were able to hit the guy will help them in this series.  The more they can see him, the better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #281 on: November 02, 2016, 01:03:50 PM »
Here it is folks, game 7 of the World Series. Should be a goodn. Hendricks vs Kluber. Read earlier that the Cubs will use Lester in relief if needed.

Edit:
Just read an article that the Cubs bullpen will be standing room only. I would imagine the Indians will be considering the same.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 01:20:56 PM by djsimp »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #282 on: November 02, 2016, 10:06:36 PM »
If the Cubs lose this one, look no further than the manager.  Hendricks was dealing.  One walk and he brings in Lester, who promptly screws the pooch to give up 2 cheap ones.  Nothing against Lester but Hendricks owned them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

oldautiger

• Resident Old Fart
« Reply #283 on: November 02, 2016, 11:23:09 PM »
Tied at 6 each at the end of the 8th.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses of you need 'em." - Webb Wilder

"Auburn is no Harvard, M.I.T. or Alabama - Thank GOD for small favors" - Anonymous

I can't recommend sex, drugs and rock 'n roll to everybody, but they've worked for me. - Me

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #284 on: November 02, 2016, 11:57:29 PM »
Free baseball.  Win or lose, Maddon coaches the worst game of his career.  Freaking awful pitching decisions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #285 on: November 03, 2016, 12:53:46 AM »
Cubs win.  I had no dog in this fight and I jumped off the sofa.  Congrats Buzz.  Could be the start of a dynasty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #286 on: November 03, 2016, 09:14:07 AM »
David Ross, oldest player to ever hit a homer in the World Series.

https://vine.co/v/5DM9PTtmWPT
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #287 on: November 03, 2016, 09:20:52 AM »
Free baseball.  Win or lose, Maddon coaches the worst game of his career.  Freaking awful pitching decisions.

I did not like the pitching decisions either. Maddon should have let Hendricks at least finish the inning so Lester come in clean. Probably should have let Hendricks go one more inning after and THEN bring in Lester. Chapman was gassed after one inning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #288 on: November 03, 2016, 09:37:59 AM »
I did not like the pitching decisions either. Maddon should have let Hendricks at least finish the inning so Lester come in clean. Probably should have let Hendricks go one more inning after and THEN bring in Lester. Chapman was gassed after one inning.

It was a bad decision on both Hendricks and Lester.  Hendricks was dialed in and looked like he could have gone 2-3 more innings. He was only throwing about 10 pitches per inning.  Once Lester got past that shaky start, he was the same.  On cruise control.  Maddon pulled him after a little squib hit.  But, it worked out.  Happy for Ross.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #289 on: November 03, 2016, 09:39:43 AM »
David Ross, oldest player to ever hit a homer in the World Series.

https://vine.co/v/5DM9PTtmWPT

One helluva way to end a career! WDE!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

djsimp

« Reply #290 on: November 03, 2016, 09:46:30 AM »
It was a bad decision on both Hendricks and Lester.  Hendricks was dialed in and looked like he could have gone 2-3 more innings. He was only throwing about 10 pitches per inning.  Once Lester got past that shaky start, he was the same.  On cruise control.  Maddon pulled him after a little squib hit.  But, it worked out.  Happy for Ross.

I count 5 runs the Indians would not have had (assuming of course) if Maddon would have trusted his pitchers a little more. Of course my next MLB game to manage will be my first. Cubs still won and that was because the Cubs bats were on fire. Hell, even Fowler broke out of his slump to have an MVP type night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #291 on: November 03, 2016, 09:48:09 AM »
I count 5 runs the Indians would not have had (assuming of course) if Maddon would have trusted his pitchers a little more. Of course my next MLB game to manage will be my first. Cubs still won and that was because the Cubs bats were on fire. Hell, even Fowler broke out of his slump to have an MVP type night.

Troof!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #292 on: November 03, 2016, 09:59:25 AM »

But then there would not have been any dramatics to the game.

A world series that went down to extra innings. Nice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #293 on: November 03, 2016, 10:08:03 AM »
Our local sports talk show has Pat Dye on every Monday morning during the season and Gene Stallings on Thursdays.  This morning, the host asked him what he thought about that Game 7.  Stallings said, and I quote, "Didn't they tie?  What happened?"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #294 on: November 03, 2016, 10:25:07 AM »
But then there would not have been any dramatics to the game.

A world series that went down to extra innings. Nice.

And that is the silver lining. That was a game for the ages folks. Although I'm a little sluggish this morning, I loved just being able to watch history in the making. Freakin awesome! ......to have one of our own hit a homer and walk off into the sunset with a WS ring. Freakin awesome!

Also, the Cubs haven't won the WS since 1907 & 1908. 8+7=16...as in 2016 (that is Maddons post game comment on MLB Tonight). Also the final score of the game? 8 to 7.....as in.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #295 on: November 03, 2016, 10:51:08 AM »
And that is the silver lining. That was a game for the ages folks. Although I'm a little sluggish this morning, I loved just being able to watch history in the making. Freakin awesome! ......to have one of our own hit a homer and walk off into the sunset with a WS ring. Freakin awesome!

Also, the Cubs haven't won the WS since 1907 & 1908. 8+7=16...as in 2016 (that is Maddons post game comment on MLB Tonight). Also the final score of the game? 8 to 7.....as in.....

So, Maddon and Chizad are related?  Who knew?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #296 on: November 03, 2016, 10:54:52 AM »
So, Maddon and Chizad are related?  Who knew?

Yes, and my Red Bull hasn't kicked in yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #297 on: November 03, 2016, 11:10:15 AM »
At one point last night I told Joe Maddon that he was dead to me.  Not sure if he heard me or not, but I felt better.  Starting with Tuesday night, pitching Chapman for 2+ innings up 7 runs was dumb.  Pulling Hendricks for Lester with a runner on was dumber.  Asking Javy Baez to lay down a suicide squeeze with a 3-2 count was bad too.  Luckily the Cubs won despite their manager.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #298 on: November 03, 2016, 11:11:27 AM »
Oh, and War Damn Rossy!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #299 on: November 03, 2016, 11:29:42 AM »
Congrats, Buzzy!  Now, you better get your ass to a softball field on November 26th.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions