Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The official 2016 MLB bitch and moan thread!

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
The official 2016 MLB bitch and moan thread!
« on: April 07, 2016, 01:46:45 PM »
Since Wench done r-u-n-d-o-f-f-t, someone has to start one.

My O's won a game Monday, and yesterday.  They win today and we have what you call a streak! 

I still see it as a Rangers and Cards series.   They are just too dominant.  Although the Bravos of Hotlanta and the cub bears of Chicago should give the Cards fits this season.   Rangers.....well, no on in the American league is even gonna get close.  Should have 120 wins by the seasons end. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: The official 2016 MLB bitch and moan thread!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 02:00:14 PM »
Well, I'm looking forward to the season. The Cubs have made some nice moves in the offseason.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 02:06:01 PM »
Rangers have already blown two leads and I think their bullpen has given up eleventy billion runs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 02:11:45 PM »
Rangers have already blown two leads and I think their bullpen has given up eleventy billion runs.

Just a temporary problem.  They will start kicking ass before you know it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

dallaswareagle

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 02:36:13 PM »
Just a temporary problem.  They will start kicking ass before you know it.

Maybe, but of what I have watched they aren't making plays that they should be, and (wos) or at least what I hear is the Spring training was more of a screw off, play time.

But it is early.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 02:43:11 PM »
I'm expecting a Cards/Red Sox series.  They are both just too deep.

Don't count out the Bravos though, now that Frenchy is back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 02:50:11 PM »
I'm expecting a Cards/Red Sox series.  They are both just too deep.

Don't count out the Bravos though, now that Frenchy is back.

The Bravos are the dark horse, sleepers of the National League for sure. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 02:55:07 PM »
Your pathetic reverse baseball karma gods smack will have no effect on the Braves this year.  105-110 losses guaranteed. They're by far the worst team in MLB.  The 2nd place hitter is Ender Inciarte.  That's right...Inciarte.  Just try and pronounce it. Go ahead. Their "closer" is 58 years old.  Their catcher is 158 years old.  Their centerpiece first baseman, which is the only non-pitcher they decided to keep and build around, is in his 7th season.  He's a career .284 hitter averaging 17 HR's and 70 RBI's.  He's average. 

Their #1 starting pitcher is 40-30 for his career.  He's okay.  Their #2 starter was 3-11 last year with a 6.72 ERA.  Starting to get the picture?  In all the years I've been following this sport, I've never seen a franchise tear it down all the way to the ground like this. Maybe the Marlins years ago? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 03:09:09 PM »
Your pathetic reverse baseball karma gods smack will have no effect on the Braves this year.  105-110 losses guaranteed. They're by far the worst team in MLB.  The 2nd place hitter is Ender Inciarte.  That's right...Inciarte.  Just try and pronounce it. Go ahead. Their "closer" is 58 years old.  Their catcher is 158 years old.  Their centerpiece first baseman, which is the only non-pitcher they decided to keep and build around, is in his 7th season.  He's a career .284 hitter averaging 17 HR's and 70 RBI's.  He's average. 

Their #1 starting pitcher is 40-30 for his career.  He's okay.  Their #2 starter was 3-11 last year with a 6.72 ERA.  Starting to get the picture?  In all the years I've been following this sport, I've never seen a franchise tear it down all the way to the ground like this. Maybe the Marlins years ago?

Understood.  You will be happy with nothing less than the NLCS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2016, 03:20:13 PM »
Understood.  You will be happy with nothing less than the NLCS.

You know, in years past, I'd be downplaying it and taking the reverse karma with a grain of salt, secretly thinking this team could get on a run, add a piece here and there, get to the playoffs.

I invite...no...I insist that you pull up the roster for the 2016 Bravos and then decide whether you should waste the keystrokes on similar nonsense to what you posted above.  This year, your musings have no effect on me whatsoever.  I am a downtrodden and beaten man.  Just wait til 2017...2018...2019???
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2016, 03:31:59 PM »
Funny how Wench has "r-u-n-d-o-f-f-t" and her Disastros are relevant and started the season with the reigning Cy Young winner on the mound.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2016, 03:43:55 PM »
Funny how Wench has "r-u-n-d-o-f-f-t" and her Disastros are relevant and started the season with the reigning Cy Young winner on the mound.

Pretty sure she is really busy with life, job and all that stuff.   

I keed about the Braves.  I imagine they unloaded everything and will waste seasons and then spend bank to open up the new stadium with a kickass roster.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2016, 03:51:47 PM »

I keed about the Braves.  I imagine they unloaded everything and will waste seasons and then spend bank to open up the new stadium with a kickass roster.

Doesn't work. Ask Jerry Jones.  (yes, I know Jerry is the problem)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2016, 03:58:06 PM »

It looks like that's the plan.  In recent years, teams like the Cubs, Mets, Stros and even Giants to a certain extent, have torn it down and built around their young prospects.  A little easier to do when you have a fire balling staff like the Mets and studs like Rizzo and Bryant for the Cubs.  I keep hearing that the Braves farm system is suddenly loaded, but I don't see any help for the immediate future, meaning the next 2-3 years. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2016, 04:49:52 PM »
You'd be surprised at how soon they can turn it around though.  I remember going to Fulton County Stadium in around 1991 and seeing tens of die hard fans there just painfully wishing for better days.  Then 1992 happened.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2016, 09:41:03 AM »
Braves/Cards begin series tonight to determine who will be last in the NL this year.

Through 3 games, we have struck out 14, 12, and 10 times.

45% of our outs are by Strikeout.  Is that bad?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2016, 09:55:54 AM »
Braves/Cards begin series tonight to determine who will be last in the NL this year.

Through 3 games, we have struck out 14, 12, and 10 times.

45% of our outs are by Strikeout.  Is that bad?
Not if you're a pitcher.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2016, 09:58:21 AM »
Meanwhile, the Cubs continue to crush everything.  14 runs on 14 hits last night.  Starting left fielder, Kyle Schwarber, had a scary collision with the center fielder going after fly ball.  May be out for a while with a bum ankle and maybe a knee problem.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2016, 10:20:49 AM »
The Braves are an afterthought here in the ATL.

Erybody waiting on the new digs!

Best pizzaburger around I hear!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2016, 07:58:13 PM »
Kyle Scwarber out for the season. Fuck!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions