Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Josh Moon gets it

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Josh Moon gets it
« on: September 08, 2008, 07:22:01 AM »
Articulates my concerns very well:

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080907/SPORTS0402/809070338/1002

When you watch this offense work for an entire game, it's not an impressive display. It's inconsistent. It's often very, very ugly. And it's killing a good defense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Josh Moon gets it
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 10:13:13 AM »
Articulates my concerns very well:

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080907/SPORTS0402/809070338/1002

When you watch this offense work for an entire game, it's not an impressive display. It's inconsistent. It's often very, very ugly. And it's killing a good defense.

I disagree. I think Todd threw the ball well and he did throw a couple of deep passes that looked like he threw the ball well.

I did not see the play with Trott not getting the ball. Maybe it happened that way, maybe it didn't. Maybe Todd just fucking missed him. I highly doubt it was because Todd didn't feel like he could actually get it to him. I am calling bullshit on that. I would bet that is corrected yesterday when the fim is watched.

I do agree with our recievers not being real fast and creating any seperation. The couple of deep balls I saw thrown were to Rod Smith and he was covered...well. The pass interference call on him in the redzone was BS. Also, as wes pointed out earlier, he has no zip on the ball. Todd has nice touch but his arm strength is lacking. Maybe it is still his sore shoulder and it will get better...I don't know.

Overall thoug I saw a vast improvement from our offense on Saturday. I was really really nervous going into the game but I am nit so nervous anymore. I thought we moved the bal well, mixing up the pass and the run. Will it work against a good SEC defense? Beats the hell out of me! I am curious to find out though! It sure beats what we had last year!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

barkndog

• number one super guy
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 10:41:03 AM »
Although we seemed to improve over the first week, I haven't been impressed with Todd.  He seems to float passes, and he's no threat to run (which I think we need in this offense).  I don't think he'll get away with his soft passes against the LSU's and the Georgia's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Silence is golden. Duck tape is silver.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 10:57:04 AM »
I'm still going to reserve judgment until after this week.  My take is like most.  You can't deny his numbers.  Good stats and he did some good things.  However, if you were at the game, you saw how painfully long it took for the ball to get to the receivers on 3-4 passes.  And like I said before, he doesn't make bad decisions, it's just that many times he just doesn't make a decision.  And yes, he missed Trott BADLY.  Trott stood and stared at him while they came off the field. 

He made a throw to Rod in the first half on a quck post that got it down to about the 2.  Todd took the snap, planted and fired.  Beautiful.  That's what he didn't do about 5-6 other times while he danced around.  Still, he showed vast improvement over last week.  If he continues to progress this week, we may have something.  But, if he floats passes and dances around against SEC defenses, we'll get killed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."