Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Texas Jumps Us In the Polls...

Texas Jumps Us In the Polls...
« on: September 07, 2008, 04:21:49 PM »
 :fu:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex   #9 in both polls here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Texas Jumps Us In the Polls...
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 04:28:24 PM »
Makes absolutely no sense.  We showed signs of improvement. WVU lost.  We should move up.  Ohio St shouldn't be a top ten team. 

Also, Bama moved up in the polls.  I guess Tulane was a formidable foe that showcased Bama's ability to win tough games. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 05:20:27 PM »
Makes absolutely no sense.  We showed signs of improvement. WVU lost.  We should move up.  Ohio St shouldn't be a top ten team. 

Also, Bama moved up in the polls.  I guess Tulane was a formidable foe that showcased Bama's ability to win tough games. 
Really. And for those that saw the uat/Tulane game, they played way worse than the score actually showed. For anyone who chicken-littled out for our ULM game, they looked 50 times worse against Tulane. Yet they jump up two spots while we stay put??? Texas looked that good against friggin UTEP??? Ohio State coming within an inch of their life to Ohio means they're the 5th best team in the nation? Wake Forrest kicking a field goal in the last second of the game come from behind to a two point lead against the WORST team in the SEC means they should jump 5 spots???

Ludicrous.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 05:22:27 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 05:23:50 PM »
:fu:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex   #9 in both polls here.

I hate the polls.  Pathetic.  Absolutely pathetic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 06:18:45 PM »
Just looking at the coaches' poll, where Texas was already ranked ahead of Auburn, Auburn did move up one spot...
The gap between Auburn and Texas closed a bit, from 68 points to 52.  There are 61 voters, but Auburn's polling points did not increase by 61, which would indicate an across-the-board bump of one spot.  Essentially, some of what would seem to be gains by Auburn and Texas actually went to Wisconsin, who gained 93 points in the poll.  The seven teams ahead of Texas and Auburn shifted a bit, but there was very little difference in their totals from last week to this week, and what gains they made were likely due to moving up a spot in whichever ballots previously had WVU among the top 7.

The media poll is garbage anyway, as evidenced by the inclusion of that "self-proclaimed bama fan" in North Carolina.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 07:27:18 PM »
Here's the AP Poll, the individual voters, and who they voted for in the Top 25......I think it's HILARIOUS that uat has three voters voting them in the top 3.  LMFAO.

http://pollspeak.com/pollstalker/pollstalker.php?s=5&p=9&t1=3&t2=&v=35&w=3&r=V
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 09:23:42 PM »
Really. And for those that saw the uat/Tulane game, they played way worse than the score actually showed. For anyone who chicken-littled out for our ULM game, they looked 50 times worse against Tulane. Yet they jump up two spots while we stay put??? Texas looked that good against friggin UTEP??? Ohio State coming within an inch of their life to Ohio means they're the 5th best team in the nation? Wake Forrest kicking a field goal in the last second of the game come from behind to a two point lead against the WORST team in the SEC means they should jump 5 spots???

Ludicrous.
I watched most of it they looked like they were sleepwalking through the game, they were lucky that their Special Teams provided two TDS or the game could have been very interesting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 09:32:53 PM »
Didn't UTEP get bitch slapped by Buffalo in week one?  May be wrong.

Read some of BG's comments on AUNation.  After reading those, I think Bama got the shaft in not jumping to #2 at the very least.  If Arenas didn't have a concussion, they would have scored 57 points on specail teams alone.

Damn, Bama's good
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 09:35:48 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 12:23:46 AM »
One of the greatest days of BG's life was the day we all got banned.  He can swoop in and be a fucking idiot at will now.   What a walking dime store fucktardian monkey.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 12:24:46 AM by AuburnChopper1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 09:57:32 AM »
I watched most of it they looked like they were sleepwalking through the game, they were lucky that their Special Teams provided two TDS or the game could have been very interesting.

I watched the UAT game at Buffalo Wild Wings, which was packed out with houndstooth, crimson and mullets galore.  I'm not kidding, I counted at least 5 mullets.  Of course, I sported the only green shirt I own to root for my beloved Tulane (actually, I don't give a shit about Tulane, I just pull against Bama). 

Bama looked completely lifeless.  They couldn't move the ball on offense at all.  JPW looked like the JPW of old, floating the ball over the receivers heads most of the time.  Hell, Bama had 5 yards of total offense in the 2nd quarter.  5 YARDS.  They only had 38 yards at the half!  I was loving every minute of it.  Not only that, but Tulane was running all over the Bammer defense, too - they just couldn't manage to get the ball in to the endzone.

Regardless, Bammer pulled out the win and I guess it convincing enough to pull them ahead 2 spots in the AP Poll.  At least they don't get near the love in the Coach's Poll. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions