Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Oscars

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
The Oscars
« on: February 28, 2016, 11:18:55 PM »
Out of touch with reality people celebrating their own genius. 

Fuck Oscar. 

Such a load of shit. 

Fuck every person there. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Re: The Oscars
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 07:43:16 AM »
It's like that every year. Hollywood really believes their movies and actors will save the world.

I saw Spotlight. It was good. Nothing special. I can only assume it won because Hollywood believes it took down the big evil Catholic church.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 08:13:42 AM »
It's like that every year. Hollywood really believes their movies and actors will save the world.

I saw Spotlight. It was good. Nothing special. I can only assume it won because Hollywood believes it took down the big evil Catholic church.

I know it is.  But the sanctimonious self importance this year just overwhelmed me. 

The tears during that shitty Lady Gaga song, the cheering for Biden, the raucous applause for dicaprio's global warming speech, the pandering to blacks, the stupid speech from the revenant director and on and on and on. 

It finally dawned on me that the awards aren't even related to average people and the movies we watch and like.  This is a bunch of overpaid nobodies who contribute nothing to the world sitting around celebrating themselves.  Self-congratulation at its worst.  They choose their own winners.  It's not based on public opinion, on social relevance or on what the moviegoing public enjoys.  This is them rewarding themselves, often in direct opposition to what real people enjoy and care about. 

So.  Fuck them. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 08:58:55 AM »
I didn't watch a bit of it.

Me and wife watched Last Vegas which was on another channel. Wasn't great. Wasn't bad. Wasn't the Oscars.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 10:04:34 AM »
I know it is.  But the sanctimonious self importance this year just overwhelmed me. 

The tears during that shitty Lady Gaga song, the cheering for Biden, the raucous applause for dicaprio's global warming speech, the pandering to blacks, the stupid speech from the revenant director and on and on and on. 

It finally dawned on me that the awards aren't even related to average people and the movies we watch and like.  This is a bunch of overpaid nobodies who contribute nothing to the world sitting around celebrating themselves.  Self-congratulation at its worst.  They choose their own winners.  It's not based on public opinion, on social relevance or on what the moviegoing public enjoys.  This is them rewarding themselves, often in direct opposition to what real people enjoy and care about. 

So.  Fuck them.
Yes but you watched. YOU. The same person that bitches if any one of us casually mention clicking on an al.com link or happening upon a Finebaum segment and you threaten to firebomb our house.

Kaos watched the Oscars. So, fuck you too. Closet liberal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 10:43:01 AM »
Yes but you watched. YOU. The same person that bitches if any one of us casually mention clicking on an al.com link or happening upon a Finebaum segment and you threaten to firebomb our house.

He has his own form of self flagellation, let him suffer in peace!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 10:49:56 AM »
He has his own form of self flagellation, let him suffer in peace!

Was it laced with 'maters?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 10:58:19 AM »

Actually watched walking and talking dead and just bounced in occasionally to see what I saw. 

Both sucked last night. 

Then bi-racial stuff has exploded.  Half of all commercials now feature mixed race couples.  That's a relatively new thing and I don't much appreciate it. 

Rick and Michonne?  Ewwwww.  And now Big Red is fantasizing over that peanut head when he's got the smoking hot Latina at home?   Barf. 

Maggie's ax-ceyunt has done got plumb uhnnoyin'.  So too has the vacillation between bad ass "kill em all" Rick and sympathetic Rick.   The show pulls itself together for an episode or two and then just wanders around with bad plot devices  for four or five. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2016, 11:28:28 AM »
Actually watched walking and talking dead and just bounced in occasionally to see what I saw. 

Both sucked last night. 

Then bi-racial stuff has exploded.  Half of all commercials now feature mixed race couples.  That's a relatively new thing and I don't much appreciate it. 

Rick and Michonne?  Ewwwww.  And now Big Red is fantasizing over that peanut head when he's got the smoking hot Latina at home?   Barf. 

Maggie's ax-ceyunt has done got plumb uhnnoyin'.  So too has the vacillation between bad ass "kill em all" Rick and sympathetic Rick.   The show pulls itself together for an episode or two and then just wanders around with bad plot devices  for four or five.
Yeah it pales in comparison to the "Duke's..", the " A-Team" and "Walker."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2016, 12:48:09 PM »
Yeah it pales in comparison to the "Duke's..", the " A-Team" and "Walker."

Hell yeah. Murica you damn panzies!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2016, 04:37:25 PM »

So.  Fuck them.

I loathe fucking awards shows.  Except maybe CMA's but care less about who wins, just like listening to performances. Watched Spectre last night and didn't even know the Oscars were on till I got on the computer this morning.  Agree with you 100%.

Here is the thing that bothers me, I watched Rock's intro this am, I thought he generally did a good job he was funny. Look he is calling for equality and I get it, most of the movies made are generally filled with white actors and Kevin Hart.  However, since when is life fair? Why do we have to call out everyfucking thing as being racist.  And even if it is racist, I don't feel sorry for you Will Smith/Jada Pinkett and your fucking hundreds of millions of dollars.

Look there is talk that Idris Elba is next in line to be James Bond, and while I have no problems with Elba (loved him in The Losers) I don't want to see a black James Bond.  Sorry but James Bond isn't black, I have always loved James Bond, I want to be James Bond, I can't equate to a black James Bond.  He may be a bad ass James Bond, butI don't have any interest in seeing him as bond.  I guess that makes me racist.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2016, 09:22:08 AM »
Look there is talk that Idris Elba is next in line to be James Bond, and while I have no problems with Elba (loved him in The Losers) I don't want to see a black James Bond.  Sorry but James Bond isn't black, I have always loved James Bond, I want to be James Bond, I can't equate to a black James Bond.  He may be a bad ass James Bond, butI don't have any interest in seeing him as bond.  I guess that makes me racist.

Yes. Yes it does. I said the same thing about James West years ago. I am a racist because of it. Open your mind whitey!

You penance will be getting strapped to a chair and watching "The Wiz" 20 times in a row.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2016, 11:39:20 AM »
Yes. Yes it does. I said the same thing about James West years ago. I am a racist because of it. Open your mind whitey!

You penance will be getting strapped to a chair and watching "The Wiz" 20 times in a row.

You should be happy then that the lead role wasn't given to a white guy in that turd of a movie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2016, 10:17:35 AM »
Saw a piece yesterday calling out Leonardo DeCrapio for lecturing the world on climate change while being one of the richest people on earth and jet setting around the globe on his private jet.  Here's some quotes from Tina Fey to Howard Stern yesterday.  Just talk about your movie and thank the fans. 

Tina Fey felt the Academy Awards focused too much on the issues this year.

“Being at the Oscars… halfway through I was like this is some real Hollywood bulls--t,” she dished to Howard Stern. “Everyone’s telling me like what to do and it was like, people are yelling at me about rape and corporate greed, but really it’s climate change, and I was like ‘Guys, pick a lane. Hey everyone, we’re going to fix everything tonight. And also, you’re all rich. Why are you yelling at me about corporate greed? You’re all so rich.’”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2016, 10:35:29 AM »
Saw a piece yesterday calling out Leonardo DeCrapio for lecturing the world on climate change while being one of the richest people on earth and jet setting around the globe on his private jet.  Here's some quotes from Tina Fey to Howard Stern yesterday.  Just talk about your movie and thank the fans. 

Tina Fey felt the Academy Awards focused too much on the issues this year.

“Being at the Oscars… halfway through I was like this is some real Hollywood bulls--t,” she dished to Howard Stern. “Everyone’s telling me like what to do and it was like, people are yelling at me about rape and corporate greed, but really it’s climate change, and I was like ‘Guys, pick a lane. Hey everyone, we’re going to fix everything tonight. And also, you’re all rich. Why are you yelling at me about corporate greed? You’re all so rich.’”

Fuck all of Hollywood.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2016, 04:22:18 PM »
Fuck all of Hollywood.

Can I start with AJ Cook?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions