Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A Little System Coming Through

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
A Little System Coming Through
« on: February 23, 2016, 10:46:51 PM »
We're about to take the first wave of strong weather here within the hour.  Don't expect what they have been predicting but they say it will be strong until about 3:00 a.m.  Looks to have weakened somewhat prior to getting to us but apparently, this has leveled some bad shit on the southeast.  13 tornados and 3 deaths so far with some pretty widespread damage. 

I never take this stuff that lightly.  I spent 15 years in claims adjusting and went to dozens of areas hit by Mother Nature.  Seen stuff that made me just take seat and go, Dizzam!!!  She can kick your ass and turn life upside down in a matter of minutes.  Already done that tonight.  Wes' area has been taking a beating.  Be safe. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: A Little System Coming Through
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 10:50:23 PM »
Y'all be safe in the souf alabammer.  They say the system is weakening...I hope so.  It has already done enough damage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 10:57:52 PM »
Be safe everybody.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 11:00:12 PM »
Y'all be safe in the souf alabammer.  They say the system is weakening...I hope so.  It has already done enough damage.

Hoping that's the case.  It's loud outside.  Sounds like my stomach after a night of fine bourbon, delicious coke product and Steak, Eggs & Hashbrowns at the Awful House at 2:00 a.m.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 11:16:32 PM »
Getting serious here for a bit.  Be safe folks
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 11:30:51 PM »
It was a great big whiffle at my house. 

Dogs didn't even get nervous. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 11:51:54 PM »
It was a great big whiffle at my house. 

Dogs didn't even get nervous.

We did. When you're watching your local station and they're showing you radar of a tornado passing within a mile of your house...and all hell is breaking loose outside....sphincter officially tightens.  We were in the closet with the flashlight etc.  Damn.  More coming.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2016, 12:04:21 AM »
Gotta say in the midst of all this.  This is one instance where advances in technology are both beneficial and freaking amazing.  It's to the point that you can watch the local station and they have a storm tracked to the actual road.  We watched, felt and listened to this one come through.  I was able to tell my fam it's okay to come out because the tornado is 4-5 miles away now.  Unreal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2016, 07:11:28 AM »
Chit got serious here. I'm living on Pensacola Beach and sister in town. Called to check on her to listen to her bitch about weather warnings interrupting her shows. As we were talking a tornado was ripping townhouses to hell about 3 miles away.6 taken to hospital. So far no deaths. Thank God.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2016, 08:18:23 AM »
All clear here...some heavy rain, but nothing more.  Got lucky.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2016, 08:21:55 AM »
We got heavy rains but that was about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2016, 08:59:38 AM »
Sounds like Pensacola got hit pretty hard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2016, 09:22:10 AM »

Yep.  They seem to be pretty prominent on the national news.  I think our area skated by with a minimum of damage, comparatively speaking.  A lot of trees down and small sheds etc. blown away.  Everybody I've talked to this morning has been, "Oh yeah, we were all huddled in the closet". 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2016, 10:00:27 AM »
"Oh yeah, we were all huddled in the closet".

Hard work and clean living and you don't worry about shit like that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2016, 10:10:52 AM »
The devastation around here from the Xmas tornado that hit Garland/Rowlett (where I live) was utterly overwhelming. They say it will be two to three years before everything is rebuilt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2016, 10:27:04 AM »
The devastation around here from the Xmas tornado that hit Garland/Rowlett (where I live) was utterly overwhelming. They say it will be two to three years before everything is rebuilt.

Don't try and outdo our bad weather with your paltry little tornado.  Always trying to one-up everybody.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2016, 10:45:52 AM »
No worries guys. I'm o.k. I really appreciate all of the concern for my well-being and displays of affection.

Oh, wait...never mind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2016, 11:26:45 AM »
Don't try and outdo our bad weather with your paltry little tornado.  Always trying to one-up everybody.

I was in Mexico at the time. Our phones are blowing up with text asking if we are ok, I am about on my 4th beer at dinner, fuck yea I was doing fine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2016, 12:04:50 PM »
Hard work and clean living and you don't worry about shit like that.
I heard that most of the people down that way were more likely to come out of a closet than to go into one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2016, 12:17:43 PM »
Last year we got flooding to bring in spring. Year before was bad ice storm. Looks like year of the tornado here. As long as hurricanes stay away I'm good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions