Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

al.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
al.com
« on: February 12, 2016, 12:17:05 PM »
Not only is the site bama centric, but it is also rabidly liberal. 

Late yesterday, against my better judgment, I got into a discussion with the miscreants there on the topic of Obama's appointment of Abdul something or other to the Appeals Court. 

The topic was the Religious Test. 

I took the position that the Religious Test only says that you can't require a judge to be a member of a state-sponsored Church, that was the original intent and that the term "church" doesn't necessarily mean the same things as "religion." 

The "moderators" there retained the comments of those who disagreed and then modified or deleted my responses.  The result of their editing made it appear that I was rightly chastised and meekly accepted the liberal mantra.  The comments of others who agreed with my take were similarly modified or deleted.  None of my comments were insulting or in violation of their rules of engagement.  Yet those who disagreed were allowed to refer to my comments and me personally as bigoted, racist, a "booger eater" and other even less dignified slams.

I realize it's a stupid comments section.  Complete waste of time.  Not going to change anyone's opinion.  But..... What happened there is a microcosm of what's happening in this country.  Only one viewpoint is tolerated. If you disagree you are branded or labeled in order to marginalize what you have to say.  If that branding doesn't shame you into silence, you are shouted down or removed from the equation.  Then what you said will be re-purposed and altered to make you look as if you are a part of some fringe group of whackos. 

That's not the America I believe in.   Look at the history of this country.  We are great (or were) because we once encouraged open and honest debate.  People were allowed to get pissed.  People didn't have to put on some facade and pretend.  Debates in Congress used to get violent even.  But now, Cam can't even be pissed off that his team lost without every weak-kneed fuckwad from here to Petaluma wringing their hands over it and demanding that he behave in some conformist manner. 

Whatever. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.