Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Ye Old Double Standard

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Ye Old Double Standard
« on: February 09, 2016, 10:44:39 AM »
After 3 years of home schooling mini Snags, we put him back in general population.  Enrolled him in a Christian school and he's done quite well.  (Compared to his previous in-school experiences)  Anywho, a couple of nights ago, a couple of people made the rounds to three Christian schools here in Dothan and one church.  They decided to take a gun and shoot up doors and numerous windows, including at the school where mini goes.  Clearly a targeting of Christian entities.

Local police have some video and a few leads and I'm sure the people will be caught soon enough.  There's a whopping $1,500.00 reward for information leading to an arrest.  According to reports, once they're caught, they'll be charged with "Criminal mischief". 

Is this the crime of the century?  No.  Was there an extreme amount of damage?  Nope.  Maybe a couple of thousand, if that.  So what's the problem?

The question becomes, had this involved someone taking a gun and going around to 4 Muslim Mosques and shooting up the buildings, would the FBI be involved?  Yes.  Would this be national news?  Absolutely!  Would it be deemed a "Hate crime".  YYyyyyyyyou betcha', it would.

Welcome to America.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Ye Old Double Standard
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 11:04:40 AM »
Your problem, it seems, is with "hate crimes" and their attempts to protect minority populations.

Obviously Christians wouldn't be covered.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 11:26:20 AM »
Your problem, it seems, is with "hate crimes" and their attempts to protect minority populations.

Obviously Christians wouldn't be covered.

Definition from the FBI's website

A hate crime is a traditional offense like murder, arson, or vandalism with an added element of bias. For the purposes of collecting statistics, the FBI has defined a hate crime as a “criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender’s bias against a race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender, or gender identity.” Hate itself is not a crime—and the FBI is mindful of protecting freedom of speech and other civil liberties.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Ogre

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 11:44:31 AM »

A hate crime is a traditional offense like murder, arson, or vandalism with an added element of bias. For the purposes of collecting statistics, the FBI has defined a hate crime as a “criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender’s bias against a race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender, or gender identity.” Hate itself is not a crime—and the FBI is mindful of protecting freedom of speech and other civil liberties.

Don't bother - he can't hear you over his white guilt. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 11:46:54 AM »
One addendum, codicil or quid pro quo (And other semi-legal sounding terms that may or may not apply)

Tonight is an "open house" at my son's school.  The school was getting the word out on their bookface page and the night before all this occurred, someone posted an extremely hateful and somewhat disturbing message on their page about these schools being cults and brainwashing our kids etc.  The school took it down pretty quickly but Snagette caught it before and read it to me.  Before the vandalism happened, we had already made the decision to go, but heat will be packed. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 11:57:41 AM »
One addendum, codicil or quid pro quo (And other semi-legal sounding terms that may or may not apply)

Tonight is an "open house" at my son's school.  The school was getting the word out on their bookface page and the night before all this occurred, someone posted an extremely hateful and somewhat disturbing message on their page about these schools being cults and brainwashing our kids etc.  The school took it down pretty quickly but Snagette caught it before and read it to me.  Before the vandalism happened, we had already made the decision to go, but heat will be packed.

Oh shit!  You're getting to take your balls?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 12:03:55 PM »

I'll tap out on the formal definition.  The policy was instituted to prevent harm to minorities.

Don't bother - he can't hear you over his white guilt. 

Crippling, indeed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 12:04:24 PM »
Oh shit!  You're getting to take your balls?

Damn it, man.  Watch your mouth. This is a Christian school.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2016, 12:06:43 PM »
I'll tap out on the formal definition.  The policy was instituted to prevent harm to minorities.

Agreed. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 06:10:03 PM »
I'm just glad that some school is allowing the boy back to attend with others. A few incidents of baloney bopping on the sliding board when one is 10 is perfectly normal I say.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com