Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Under Armour game

jmar

Re: Under Armour game
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2016, 09:57:37 AM »
Again, thats a different issue. Thats not recruiting. Were recruiting and landing guys that most schools desire. Thats all we can do on NSD. Development issues are not from recruiting (or lack of).
Agree. But bringing a kid along to maturation and realizing that talent (not necessarily to full potential) is where we lack.
And I know who and what we are competing against so it's easy to always use those fucker's as a measuring stick.
We should.
Nobody else has to contend with Alabama (they have layers of recruiters) at least on this level, sharing the same backyard. So to continue to bring in a top 10 class is a real achievement for our staff IMO.

We just need to let a kid play more when he gets his chance and shows out,  an example being the Prattville RB who had two positive back to back plays in a game, he leaves the field and I don't recall hearing his name again in the games that followed.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 09:59:30 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2016, 10:01:20 AM »
Agree. But bringing a kid along to maturation and realizing that talent (not necessarily to full potential) is where we lack.
And I know who and what we are competing against so it's easy to always use those fucker's as a measuring stick.
We should.
Nobody else has this to contend with Alabama (they have layers of recruiters) at least on this level. So to continue to bring in a top 10 class is a real achievement for our staff IMO.

We just need to let a kid play more when he gets his chance and shows out,  an example being the Prattville RB who had two positive back to back plays in a game, he leaves the field and I don't recall hearing his name again in the games that followed.

He actually started the bowl game and played well. I do wish they would throw to him more.

But I did see a lot of growth form the coaches in the bowl game. They seemed to lean toward playing the guys we, as fans, have thought are the better players, without dissing the other guys. So I think next spring will the the key. I like having Pettway, JR, and Barber in at times. But i would like to see heavy doses of KP and JR!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2016, 10:05:12 AM »
Again, thats a different issue. Thats not recruiting. Were recruiting and landing guys that most schools desire. Thats all we can do on NSD. Development issues are not from recruiting (or lack of).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2016, 10:13:36 AM »

Yet you guys still seem to think landing top 10 classes year after year are THE issue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2016, 10:16:07 AM »
Yet you guys still seem to think landing top 10 classes year after year are THE issue.

From Bruce Feldman's Twitter: "Interesting stuff: 3 of the NFL's top 5 pass-rushers were "2-star" recruits out of HS. The 4th was a no-star." http://gridironnow.com/how-nfl-stats-leaders-ranked-as-recruits/

Coaching: it actually matters. - The Six
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2016, 10:19:24 AM »
From Bruce Feldman's Twitter: "Interesting stuff: 3 of the NFL's top 5 pass-rushers were "2-star" recruits out of HS. The 4th was a no-star." http://gridironnow.com/how-nfl-stats-leaders-ranked-as-recruits/

Coaching: it actually matters. - The Six

Don't stop em....they are on a roll.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2016, 10:47:23 AM »
Works for Gus' buddy Hugh Freeze. And the results are there.
Mullen IMO is getting by with moderate overall talent though he seems to "coach them up" as well as anybody.
That's the only issue I would argue.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2016, 01:58:38 PM »
Works for Gus' buddy Hugh Freeze. And the results are there.
Mullen IMO is getting by with moderate overall talent though he seems to "coach them up" as well as anybody.
That's the only issue I would argue.

Hugh Freeze turned Laramy Tunsil, LaQuon Treadwell, and Robert Nkdemdche into ZERO National, SEC, and West Division championships.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2016, 02:54:58 PM »
Hugh Freeze turned Laramy Tunsil, LaQuon Treadwell, and Robert Nkdemdche into ZERO National, SEC, and West Division championships.
Let's be fair, Nkemdieahchieeshe and crew were on spice. No team has won a natty on spice since 2010.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2016, 03:02:47 PM »
Let's be fair, Nkemdieahchieeshe and crew were on spice. No team has won a natty on spice since 2010.

This guy knows....listen to him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2016, 03:33:18 PM »
They went to their first Sugar Bowl since 19fucking70, still recruiting at the highest level and yet it's Ole Miss, conqueror of Alabama back to back. Freeze might be bonafied but this doesn't happen without a talent upgrade.

Still shocked they have progressed to this level without a good run game.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 03:53:56 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2016, 04:11:05 PM »
They went to their first Sugar Bowl since 19fucking70, still recruiting at the highest level and yet it's Ole Miss, conqueror of Alabama back to back. Freeze might be bonafied but this doesn't happen without a talent upgrade.

Still shocked they have progressed to this level without a good run game.

The Sugar Bowl aint what it used to be kid.

Yes, they recruit very well. See Kaos' post about that earlier this week. $$$$$$$

And I have no doubt Freeze is a great coach. He seems to know his stuff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2016, 07:01:02 PM »

Yes, they recruit very well. See Kaos' post about that earlier this week. $$$$$$$

And I have no doubt Freeze is a great coach. He seems to know his stuff.
Well for going on forty years the Sugar Bowl was one of the elite bowls while Ole Miss was merely a so-so program for the duration. I only know that Freeze has put together a staff that continues to attract talent, don't know that he's any better a head coach than even Houston Nutt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2016, 07:13:17 PM »
I watched a bit of the 3rd quarter and the only thing I came away with is that Mr. Bagman needs to be paying a visit to Rashan Gary, sharpish.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2016, 08:36:58 AM »
I watched a bit of the 3rd quarter and the only thing I came away with is that Mr. Bagman needs to be paying a visit to Rashan Gary, sharpish.

It bewilders me. At first glance and on the eye test, he looks soft....he speaks soft, he just looks lazy in general. Just doesnt look the part of a badass. Then he suits up and the whistle blows, and its lights out for anyone across from him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2016, 10:38:10 AM »

Better than the Birmingham Bowl....just sayin.   :poke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2016, 11:56:27 AM »
Better than the Birmingham Bowl....just sayin.   :poke:

Reggis Ball was damn proud to be in the Birmingham Bowl.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2016, 01:35:23 PM »
 Did we get the lone White guy form the UA game again?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2016, 04:25:06 PM »

Dan Smith is a BYU lock I'm told.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2016, 04:35:29 PM »

I think we got a few from the black team as well.  Oh wait...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.