Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Under Armour game

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Under Armour game
« on: January 02, 2016, 07:13:42 PM »
Watched some of it very passively. I recorded it and will possibly take time to break it down for you later but here's a flyover view.

Woody is a runner and threw high when I did see him throw. Looks like he'll be a perfect wildcat QB for Malzahn. Perfect.

This could've had something to do with the Rashan Gary and Jones boys being on the opposing front. Jones is an ole piss verbal and Rashan has us in the mix. They couldn't be stopped. It was like any of you trying to block me. College vs pee wee. And I never saw Woody even scramble for much.

On a positive note, Marlon Davidson was on they team.

I don't know if we picked up any new verbals but we lost a LB I believe to the fighting Dabos.

We were at 8 in their rankings with Alabammer at 7.

Hard to gauge but Barret appears to be Marshallesque. Can see why Noles used him in that role. But he wasn't able to pass enough when I was watching to be able to really tell.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Under Armour game
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 09:39:12 PM »
Watched some of it very passively. I recorded it and will possibly take time to break it down for you later but here's a flyover view.

Woody is a runner and threw high when I did see him throw. Looks like he'll be a perfect wildcat QB for Malzahn. Perfect.

This could've had something to do with the Rashan Gary and Jones boys being on the opposing front. Jones is an ole piss verbal and Rashan has us in the mix. They couldn't be stopped. It was like any of you trying to block me. College vs pee wee. And I never saw Woody even scramble for much.

On a positive note, Marlon Davidson was on they team.

I don't know if we picked up any new verbals but we lost a LB I believe to the fighting Dabos.

We were at 8 in their rankings with Alabammer at 7.

Hard to gauge but Barret appears to be Marshallesque. Can see why Noles used him in that role. But he wasn't able to pass enough when I was watching to be able to really tell.

Agreed on all points but I think that was JF3 that was used as the Marshall clone by FSU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 09:45:31 PM »
TEAM HIGHLIGHT

RB B.J. Emmons (Alabama commit), 10 carries for 6 yards, 2 receptions for 13 yards

WR A.J. Brown (Alabama target) 4 receptions, 79 yards, 1 TD

TE Landon Rice (Auburn commit), 1 catch, 7 yards, 1 tackle

DT Rashan Gary (Auburn, Alabama target), 6 tackles, 3.5 for loss, 3 sacks (Highlight team MVP)

DT Benito Jones (Ole Miss commit), 4 tackles for loss (TFL)

DL Marlon Davidson (Auburn commit), 5 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 sack, 1 pass breakup

LB Dontavious Jackson (Alabama target), 4 tackles, 1 QB hurry

LB Jeff McCulloch (Alabama target), 4 tackles

LB Ben Davis (Alabama, Auburn target), 3 tackles, 1 TFL

DB Nigel Knott (Alabama target), 1 TFL

DB John Broussard (Auburn commit), 1 tackle

LB Lyndell Wilson (Alabama target), 1 tackle

DL Kendell Jones (Alabama commit), 1 tackle

TEAM ARMOUR

QB Woody Barrett (Auburn commit), 1-3, (-1 yards), 6 carries, (-12 yards)

WR Nate Craig-Myers (Auburn target), 1 catch, 18 yards

LB Tre Threat (Auburn commit), 4 tackles, 1.5 TFL, 1 pass breakup

DB Jayvaughn Myers (Auburn target), 1 tackle

DT Michail Carter (Alabama target), 1 tackle

IN-GAME COMMITMENTS

5 players made commitments during the game on TV, and WR Cavin Ridley committed to South Carolina after the game

RB Devwah Whaley, Beaumont, Texas - Arkansas

OL Terrance Davis, Hyattsville, Md. - Maryland

WR Drake Davis, IMG Academy - LSU

OL Jean Delance, Mesquite, Texas - Texas

LB Rahshaun Smith, IMG Academy - Clemson
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 01:34:11 PM »
Agreed on all points but I think that was JF3 that was used as the Marshall clone by FSU.
Well, of course it was J3 because the UA game only has HS players in it. Duh.

You think I am some kind of moran?

Dumbass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 01:55:32 PM »
Refuse. Refuse. Refuse to get caught up in the hype again. Did before this season and felt stupid for it all year. Only going to trust what I see with my eyes re: Auburn football going forward. As for pre-signing All American whatever players, will believe it when I see them produce. Remember Byron Cowart? Mr. Do Everything Gonna be BA on the Muschamp D? Last I heard he wanted out of Lee County. Done with this hype bull.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

jmar

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 03:47:29 PM »
Refuse. Refuse. Refuse to get caught up in the hype again. Did before this season and felt stupid for it all year. Only going to trust what I see with my eyes re: Auburn football going forward. As for pre-signing All American whatever players, will believe it when I see them produce. Remember Byron Cowart? Mr. Do Everything Gonna be BA on the Muschamp D? Last I heard he wanted out of Lee County. Done with this hype bull.
Expect us to be outside of the top twenty-five preseason. The early SEC West noise I have heard has us competing for fifth place with State and A&M. So there is no hype to be found except what we choose to believe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 06:52:29 PM »
Expect us to be outside of the top twenty-five preseason. The early SEC West noise I have heard has us competing for fifth place with State and A&M. So there is no hype to be found except what we choose to believe.
Dont go telling AUFamily that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2016, 09:16:16 PM »
Dont go telling AUFamily that.

Truth. You be posting it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2016, 09:30:21 PM »
Give me all the 4" and 5" kids we can get.  Keep loading the wagon. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2016, 08:26:20 AM »

On the flipside, if we don't get these elite recruits, people complain too.

All the coaches can do is recruit the same elite athletes that everyone else wants, and land them. Sometimes a bust is hard to see coming.

FWIW - Cowart had his moments towards the end of the year. I would think a player could be afforded more than his true freshman year before being called a bust just yet.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 09:35:32 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2016, 08:56:55 AM »

This.

and That...

All the coaches can do is recruit the same elite athletes that everyone else wants, and land them. Sometimes a bust is hard to see coming.

FWIW - Cowart had his moments towards the end of the year. I would think a player could be afforded more than his true freshman year before calling him a bust just yet.

and this and uh...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2016, 09:01:07 AM »
:haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2016, 09:36:04 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2016, 09:43:26 AM »
 :starz:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2016, 11:09:34 AM »
This.

and That...

and this and uh...
Snoop a loop.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2016, 01:44:53 PM »

FWIW - Cowart had his moments towards the end of the year. I would think a player could be afforded more than his true freshman year before being called a bust just yet.

Is it too much to ask for coaches who could BUILD upon some of these 4 and 5 star guys? Haven't seen that yet. Doesn't mean it isn't there but haven't seen evidence of it so far.

My Cowart line was based off of his camp talking shoot about leaving and such not. He made a zero net gain impact on the defense this year. There's something wrong with that. If he wasn't ready, redshirt, learn, play when ready. What's the difference between playing him when he's not ready and him blowing it a lot or not playing him at all? Not much, I'd say.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 01:46:57 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2016, 01:51:04 PM »
Is it too much to ask for coaches who could BUILD upon some of these 4 and 5 star guys? Haven't seen that yet. Doesn't mean it isn't there but haven't seen evidence of it so far.

My Cowart line was based off of his camp talking shoot about leaving and such not. He made a zero net gain impact on the defense this year. There's something wrong with that. If he wasn't ready, redshirt, learn, play when ready. What's the difference between playing him when he's not ready and him blowing it a lot or not playing him at all? Not much, I'd say.

I don't disagree. But thats a two-a-days and spring camp problem. During recruiting all we can do is make a good haul.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2016, 01:59:49 PM »
I don't disagree. But thats a two-a-days and spring camp problem. During recruiting all we can do is make a good haul.

Telephone the bagman.  :miltie:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2016, 06:32:52 PM »

^^This. I am not saying coaches are doing a lousy job but we haven't seen much improvement in a lot of these guys.

Off the top of my head: Lawson--Great out of the gate, injured x 2 or 3 but better when heathy? I don't think much if any since freshman year. Of course, when you're that good, it's harder to improve.

Montrae--?? This season, it appeared he was starting out strong. I realize that Lawson being out for most of the year really hurt him. But, did he improve? Effort wise, some. But not the dominant force I was hoping for.

JJ--Don't go there.

S White--There either.

Now, I'm not saying that there wasn't any improvement across the board. It is very obvious to me that the defense made drastic improvement over the course of the season. And I actually thought the O line and RB's did an adequate job most of the year. Play calling and QB play made their jobs significantly more difficult.

I'm simply implying that we have some potential dominators that haven't reached their potential. And I don't know that the coaches are to blame but regardless, the buck stops with Gus.

Esp with our QB situation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2016, 09:02:13 AM »
^^This. I am not saying coaches are doing a lousy job but we haven't seen much improvement in a lot of these guys.

Off the top of my head: Lawson--Great out of the gate, injured x 2 or 3 but better when heathy? I don't think much if any since freshman year. Of course, when you're that good, it's harder to improve.

Montrae--?? This season, it appeared he was starting out strong. I realize that Lawson being out for most of the year really hurt him. But, did he improve? Effort wise, some. But not the dominant force I was hoping for.

JJ--Don't go there.

S White--There either.

Now, I'm not saying that there wasn't any improvement across the board. It is very obvious to me that the defense made drastic improvement over the course of the season. And I actually thought the O line and RB's did an adequate job most of the year. Play calling and QB play made their jobs significantly more difficult.

I'm simply implying that we have some potential dominators that haven't reached their potential. And I don't know that the coaches are to blame but regardless, the buck stops with Gus.

Esp with our QB situation.

Again, thats a different issue. Thats not recruiting. Were recruiting and landing guys that most schools desire. Thats all we can do on NSD. Development issues are not from recruiting (or lack of).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE