Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Will the "Mad hatter" be the next AU coach!

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Will the "Mad hatter" be the next AU coach!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 03:54:06 PM »
That list is laughable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 03:58:49 PM »
Got damn, how long can you go to school?

Well, Del Rio's daughter is a 19th year senior at LSU.  :jaw:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 03:59:13 PM »
That list is laughable.

I agree. But I was mostly interested in hearing if Les is gone!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 04:00:28 PM »
I agree. But I was mostly interested in hearing if Les is gone!

IMO they would be stupid to fire Lesticles.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 04:04:13 PM »
That list is laughable.

Nick Saban

Yes, you read that right. Saban is growing tired of unrealistic expectations and difficult boosters at Alabama, and our sources say the biggest regret of his coaching career was ever leaving LSU in the first place. Sources close to Saban say he believes restoring LSU from mediocrity would be the crowning achievement of his career.

Sorry, but this is almost as laughable as Houston Deez Nuttz being on that list.  Saban is far closer to the end than the beginning.  His time will be up soon enough. (Or not soon enough)  But #1. The man is making 18 skwazillion a year and is a God in Tuscaloosa.  People sprint 100 yards to have him sign their babies.  And as long as he's winning the way he has, I doubt he's having to deal with too many asshole boosters.  They're drinking Old Forrester and smoking cigars, fat and happy.  #B. And leaving LSU is the biggest regret of his coaching career????  ROFLCOPTERS
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 05:10:24 PM »
I can't believe they left Jimmy Johnson, Mike Ditka and Jesus off that list.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 05:15:37 PM »

He's already coaching.    :bamahomer:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2015, 08:37:58 PM »
EDITOR'S NOTE: This piece is entirely satirical and just for fun, in case you couldn't tell.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2015, 08:12:25 AM »

No list is complete without Bill Cowher and Jon Gruden.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2015, 04:35:11 PM »
Is any of this crap true:

http://www.andthevalleyshook.com/2015/11/17/9747716/sources-top-names-to-replace-les-miles
Well, it might've been "just for fun" to begin with, but the possibility of LSU replacing Coach Miles is starting to grow legs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2015, 06:38:52 PM »
Jay Jacobs wouldn't hire Jim Harbaugh if he called tomorrow seeking the job.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2015, 03:55:29 PM »
Bumpity Bump

Question. Was all the "Les is gone" another glaring example of if you say it enough times...?  Was he ever actually in any danger of losing his job?  I said in another thread that it may all be media and message board fodder because I hadn't seen anything from anyone at LSU that really mattered.  If they had paid $15 large to run him off, that would have set the new standard in stupidity.  And as Auburn fans, we know exactly where the stupidity bar is set when it comes to negotiating with corches.

I just kept wondering if this was a case of gossip gone wild and firing Miles was a foregone conclusion in everyone's mind. Everyone except the PTB at LSU,
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2015, 05:13:58 PM »
I assume there were talks about firing him. I'm certain agents were called. I'm sure some top names received some questions.

But it looks like the majority of the reporting was led by Joe Schad. Fuck that guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2015, 09:39:09 AM »
Bumpity Bump

Question. Was all the "Les is gone" another glaring example of if you say it enough times...?  Was he ever actually in any danger of losing his job?  I said in another thread that it may all be media and message board fodder because I hadn't seen anything from anyone at LSU that really mattered.  If they had paid $15 large to run him off, that would have set the new standard in stupidity.  And as Auburn fans, we know exactly where the stupidity bar is set when it comes to negotiating with corches.

I just kept wondering if this was a case of gossip gone wild and firing Miles was a foregone conclusion in everyone's mind. Everyone except the PTB at LSU,
No I think they absolutely wanted to fire him.  I think the dumbass AD made phone calls to his top gets (a la Chip Kelly) and was told no and they decided to keep Lesticles.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2015, 10:30:28 AM »
Well. With Chip Kelly, there is always next year..
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2015, 10:42:13 AM »
No I think they absolutely wanted to fire him.  I think the dumbass AD made phone calls to his top gets (a la Chip Kelly) and was told no and they decided to keep Lesticles.

And that may be true.  But, what I kept waiting to see was if we are really at a point where a University is willing to pony up $15 million dollars to get rid of a coach with his credentials.  I understand the "win now" mentality.  It's become huge business and all about the mighty dollah.  I get it.  But there still has to be some semblance of sanity involved in the process.  There's been a lot said about what the man has done at LSU, but look at the numbers:

111-32 overall at LSU

61-27 in SEC play.

Better winning percentage than Lord Saybinz at LSU

One National Championship.  (Same as Lord Saybinz)

6-4 in bowl games

If LSU wins their bowl game, that will be eight 10 or more win seasons out of 11.

They were 8-5 last year.  If he wins the bowl game, they'll be 10-3.  Improvement?  And they considered paying $15 million to send this guy packing? There's no way to sugarcoat how insanely stupid that is.  Is everything perfect in the program?  Hell no.  They need to take some of that cash and sign a great QB, something they simply haven't had in a while, unless you count Mertzenbracker.  Then you can open up your offense somewhat and bring it into the 20th century. 

It's very much like being married for 20 years and suddenly, you're popping the cute little blonde from accounting on the copier in the break room after hours.  You think it's all worth it to give up everything you've built for 20 years because now, things are going to be perfect. Chip Kelly or Tom Herman or Joey Freshwater or whoever, is going to put us in the playoffs every single year and do sooooo much better than a .780 winning percentage over the next decade.  They'd better, because we don't have any cash left to make another change.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2015, 11:01:06 AM »
But it looks like the majority of the reporting was led by Joe Schad. Fuck that guy.

THIS ....all of it.

No fan of Jaboo, but Schad has now led the witch hunt charges of Cam, Jameis, Manziel and now Les.

Fuck him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2015, 11:01:50 AM »

But he had every chance to squash it before he did. He didn't. They left the dude out in limbo for a month. That was fucking wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE