Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Where does it stop?

Where does it stop?
« on: November 12, 2015, 11:23:13 AM »
Yesterday, black protesters at Missouri segregated their white "allies" because the blacks there needed a blacks-only healing place.

A Yale student lost her shit (along others who were protesting) because the university would not create a safe place for students. Halloween costumes are apparently so racist and offensive that the students demand the university outlaw them.

The Missouri president and chancellor resigned after what were seemingly made-up accusations of racist acts on campus. These racist acts were connected to systemic and institutionalized racism. Poop swastika and the "n" word - both somehow systemic and institutional.

Where I'm confused is the location of these people's power. When I go to an SEC message board and see what are mostly conservative males criticizing these issues, I wonder if their bias is affecting their viewpoint. But when I go to a liberal site like Reddit and see the same arguments against these type of actions and protests, I start to wonder about what the hell is going on. If no one on either side of the aisle agrees with this, where are they getting their power?

I recently was silenced in a classroom discussion because I am a white male. I asked the wrong question. In a discussion of feminine voices and feminist rhetoric, there was an accepted claim that the female voice cannot be defined or categorized. When I asked, "How do we know what the female voice is without a definition?" I was told that my question stemmed from my phallo-centric language that sought power. That definitions were just a way of establishing a framework for control that would lead to oppression.

What scared me in that moment was that I could tell from the emotional reaction in the room that if I pushed the issue, I could have been in trouble. It's like Climate Change with science. If you don't accept the findings of Climate Change in scientific discourse, you're ostracized from scientific discourse (note - I "believe" in climate change science).

If you don't agree that black people get to define institutional racism and that no white man will get a say, then you are ostracized from academia. If you don't agree that the white male is not the source and root of oppression and evil, then you can get out of the humanities.

It's anti-intellectualism to the T. As someone who works in academia, it saddens and frightens me that you can be judged and sentenced based not only on what you say but what you don't say. For the Missouri president, it was how and when he spoke. He started to discuss systemic racism at Missouri, but because he lead with it being a "belief," he was done. These kinds of censorship and control are a detriment to the intellectual exercises that produce knowledge for the betterment of society as a whole. 

Last year there was a protest at Auburn for Michael Brown. Several students participated in a lie-down. One of my colleagues helped organized it. He sent out a message to the entire department lauding the efforts from those that participated and criticized those that did not, calling those that skipped it (including me) to question our own thoughts and intentions and to dig deep to find the inspiration to support these issues.

Is that where we're headed? A Maoist-esque revolution where you not only cannot criticize elements of discourse but you are also required to participate in and follow along with what others feel you should do and believe?

Where does this stop? The "real world"? Have we any examples of social justice warriors being silenced in the real world? Any areas that can object to and attack sudden changes in language such as the only acceptable definition of racism being part of a system, meaning that no one other than whites can be racist? That isolated acts of racism call for the disassembling of power structures because unqualified people decide that those structures are somehow responsible?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Where does it stop?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 11:50:20 AM »

Where does this stop? The "real world"?

When they get everything they want it will stop, it will also collapse under its own weight.

All this shit has made me tune out, I know longer watch the news, if I do I turn it on around 10:15 to catch the weather. I don't watch sports broadcasting either, it's no longer reporting it's their spin on what they see. Any programs I watch are DVR'd so I don't have to listen to anything in between. I don't watch that many primetime programs, once again they convey the writers and producers liberal view of the world. Wife and I started to watch 'Empire" when it first came out, they lost me first episode when the main guy was talking on the phone to the POTUS and he called him by his first name. He could do that cause of his color.

I guess I am just an old crusty "white" guy who see this country going in the shitter and the youth of today have their hand on the flusher.
  :getoff:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 12:00:21 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 12:47:37 PM »
THS - unfortunately you are seeing the ugly side of America via the higher education system. Its a breeding ground for radicals. They redefine the rules to suit their beliefs and agenda. This is all spelled out in Rules for Radicals by Alinsky. And has been in the works on campuses since it started in the 60s. Why you ask? Because the most naive people in society are young adults who see everything in thoery or on paper. They havent lived real life yet. So they can be easily convinced and brainwashed. They are the useful idiots Stalin referred to. The ones I blame the most are the dumbass white people who stir it all up. All are stupid ass pawns in this bigger game.

But good on you for seeing this and not buying the bs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 02:31:34 PM »
I just keep reloading. I may need some extra rounds soon...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 08:29:52 AM »
Hopefully one good that can come from these Paris attacks is the exposure of how selfish and stupid these SJW fucks are:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 07:11:30 PM »
I honestly want to punch the shit out of every one of these pathetic fucks!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2015, 09:09:07 PM »
I honestly want to punch the shit out of every one of these pathetic fucks!!!

Punch shit, I wanna flog the ignorant freaks with a solid steel baton.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 09:16:33 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2015, 09:43:25 AM »
What about me?  I mean, this stuff in Paris is bad and all, but I had a hang nail last week!
#whitehangnailsmatter
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2015, 10:33:48 AM »
What about me?  I mean, this stuff in Paris is bad and all, but I had a hang nail last week!
#whitehangnailsmatter

You need to acknowledge your white manicure privilege.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2015, 07:33:31 PM »
Whitey is getting hit from every direction.  Lock and load brothers.

http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2015/11/safe_spaces_arent_politically.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions