Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Skarbinsky weights in on Auburn landing a top DTQB from JUCO...

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Skarbinsky weights in on Auburn landing a top DTQB from JUCO...
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2015, 09:02:56 AM »
I don't understand the desire to move Craig to OC or even QB Coach.  His group consistently underperforms...why promote him or give him another position to torpedo?

Give him an off-field recruiting position or cut him loose.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2015, 09:19:41 AM »
I don't understand the desire to move Craig to OC or even QB Coach.  His group consistently underperforms...why promote him or give him another position to torpedo?

Give him an off-field recruiting position or cut him loose.
I can see why most think Craig would excel as QB coach since its the position he actually played and its the position he coached at FSU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2015, 09:27:56 AM »
As for the JUCO QB, if he can come in and beat out White then I'm all for it. Don't think there is a chance in hell it happens. Yet if it does that likely means Auburn will average well over 30 ppg next year because the kid is gonna have to be damn good to beat out #13. White is the most accurate freshman QB I've ever seen play at Auburn and hes only gonna get better. His pocket presence is also turning out to be 2nd to none.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2015, 10:23:12 AM »
IMO, Lashlee and possibly Garner won't be back next season. I want to see Craig moved over to coach the QBs/OC and bring in a big time WR Coach. I'd like to see Coach Rocker back in the Orange & Blue.

Please name one big time WR coach. That is a funny statement. No WR coach is big time nor does he want to be a WR coach. That position is a stepping stone for a better position. And why do you think AU's WRs are underperforming?

You keep saying this, but I do not think it means  what you think it means!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2015, 12:56:10 PM »
Please name one big time WR coach. That is a funny statement. No WR coach is big time nor does he want to be a WR coach. That position is a stepping stone for a better position. And why do you think AU's WRs are underperforming?

You are absolutely right!
And the next great RB coach is?

I have no problem with moves of any sort including Rocker being brought on board if and when Richt is cast out at UGA or promoting an offensive position coach as long as Malzahn has it in him to cut ties with Lashlee.

The aspect of recruiting the Mobile area though was thought to be a key to our future success and I would be hesitant to cut anyone loose that might fracture any relations we have developed there...including Garner.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2015, 03:50:01 PM »

Joker Phillips...you done looking like a dumbass?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2015, 03:55:40 PM »
This^^^ Talent does flock around Mr. Phillips.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2015, 04:35:42 PM »

You are a moron. Joker Phillips has been a head coach and would like to be one again. Being a WR coach is NOT his first choice!

Good luck getting him to come to AU to be, wait for it, a top notch WR coach!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2015, 04:57:57 PM »
You are a moron. Joker Phillips has been a head coach and would like to be one again. Being a WR coach is NOT his first choice!

Good luck getting him to come to AU to be, wait for it, a top notch WR coach!

I have this feeling that Lashlee will be hired at some lower tier community college program this offseason. Craig will be moved to OC but of course you know who will be calling the plays while Craig learns. With this, AU saves lots of money. That money could be used to hire a big name WR coach like Phillips. Word up
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2015, 05:22:06 PM »
I have this feeling that Lashlee will be hired at some lower tier community college program this offseason. Craig will be moved to OC but of course you know who will be calling the plays while Craig learns. With this, AU saves lots of money. That money could be used to hire a big name WR coach like Phillips. Word up

The only reason he went to FL is he was out of a job. He has a job now. Good luck!

Once again, why do you think AUs WRs are under achieving?

« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 05:25:27 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2015, 05:27:55 PM »
This^^^ Talent does flock around Mr. Phillips.

Just sittin' here straddlin' my fence, eatin' my waffles.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2015, 05:48:40 PM »
The only reason he went to FL is he was out of a job. He has a job now. Good luck!

Yeah, Joker Phillips has a job as a...wait for it...as a WR Coach with the Cleveland Browns. You done looking like a dumbass?

As for the WRs underachieving, it might be because Dameyune Craig has only coached WRs for one year, prior to joining the Auburn staff ('09 South Alabama under HC Joey Jones), plus the WR talent just isn't the same as it was in '13 & '14 (Sammie Coates & Duke Williams compared to "Stonehands" Louis &... Melvin Ray).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2015, 05:56:56 PM »

Well, I don't know, dropped balls, not following through routes and recruiting WRs who are recruited doing such. It's either they are already but suddenly learn to be dropsy when they get to AU
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2015, 06:08:07 PM »
Want another Bigtime WR Coach?

Lawrence Dawsey (WR Coach FSU)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2015, 06:24:27 PM »
Just sittin' here straddlin' my fence, eatin' my waffles.
Just don't line up the rest of the team in two columns and press Marshall into toting it through as they whack at the ball OR threaten to never allow him to see the field again if he fumbles.

Could be confused as the work of a fence straddlin', waffle eatin' genius.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2015, 10:30:55 PM »
Well, I don't know, dropped balls, not following through routes and recruiting WRs who are recruited doing such. It's either they are already but suddenly learn to be dropsy when they get to AU

Ah finally. Do they run the wrong route. Do they get an abnormal amount of holding penalties. Do they do anything wrong that is coachable? Nah. This is a talent thing.

So you blame catching on a coach?

Both of you are morons. No WR coach can teach a guy to catch. You can't teach desire. You can't teach concentration. Maybe you have a slight point with recruiting, but we had  He same thing when Malzhan was the OC.

And you are not going to get a top notch WR coach to come to AU. Especially since, so far, there are only two of them!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2015, 11:07:32 PM »
Just don't line up the rest of the team in two columns and press Marshall into toting it through as they whack at the ball OR threaten to never allow him to see the field again if he fumbles.

Could be confused as the work of a fence straddlin', waffle eatin' genius.

Point...missed....completely. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2015, 12:24:34 AM »
Ah finally. Do they run the wrong route. Do they get an abnormal amount of holding penalties. Do they do anything wrong that is coachable? Nah. This is a talent thing.

So you blame catching on a coach?

Both of you are morons. No WR coach can teach a guy to catch. You can't teach desire. You can't teach concentration. Maybe you have a slight point with recruiting, but we had  He same thing when Malzhan was the OC.

And you are not going to get a top notch WR coach to come to AU. Especially since, so far, there are only two of them!
There's more than two, but you only asked for one, I gave you one...then you proceeded to backtrack and stumble all over yourself, just stop...seriously.

I question your knowledge about football if you think a WR Coach can't teach WRs how to properly catch the ball, maybe you should leave the big boy talk to those of us that know what we're talking about. Or keep blabbing, it's good for a chuckle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2015, 01:12:42 AM »
There's more than two, but you only asked for one, I gave you one...then you proceeded to backtrack and stumble all over yourself, just stop...seriously.

I question your knowledge about football if you think a WR Coach can't teach WRs how to properly catch the ball, maybe you should leave the big boy talk to those of us that know what we're talking about. Or keep blabbing, it's good for a chuckle.

Oh please. Been there, done it.

There are different levels of talent. And NO, a coach cannot teach a guy how to catch the balls under pressure. He can show you what to do technically, but that doesn't  mean you will be good at it.

Funny how Rico has had the drops since he got to AU. Coates, same thing. I guess that is bad coaching.

You have no clue what happens daily on a football field. You have no idea the different levels of talent and desire that exists out there. And it's not taught by a coach. A coach can help teach you routes, how to block, how to read keys on defense, but he can't force you to catch it. There are only so many drills a coach can put them through.

You hold onto that notion that we are going to get one of your boys to save us.

Just like politics, you are clueless about coaching and/or playing the game of football.
It ok though, you still the man on XBOX!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 01:17:11 AM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2015, 03:41:27 AM »
Oh please. Been there, done it.

There are different levels of talent. And NO, a coach cannot teach a guy how to catch the balls under pressure. He can show you what to do technically, but that doesn't  mean you will be good at it.

Funny how Rico has had the drops since he got to AU. Coates, same thing. I guess that is bad coaching.

You have no clue what happens daily on a football field. You have no idea the different levels of talent and desire that exists out there. And it's not taught by a coach. A coach can help teach you routes, how to block, how to read keys on defense, but he can't force you to catch it. There are only so many drills a coach can put them through.

You hold onto that notion that we are going to get one of your boys to save us.

Just like politics, you are clueless about coaching and/or playing the game of football.
It ok though, you still the man on XBOX!
Never said a coach can teach talent, desire or force someone to catch the ball. I said that a WR coach can teach a WR how to catch the ball, which you apparently don't think that they can when you stated "No WR coach can teach a guy to catch..."
Like I've said before, let the big boys talk about college football, because you continue to trip over yourself as you backtrack. Just like politics, you're a moron and have no clue about college football...where as I played under Coach Willie Wyatt and Tommy Rayam (University of Alabama greats) at Gardendale High and Coach Tracy Rocker (Auburn University great) at Livingston/University of West Alabama. Which btw, they're all still pretty close friends...so, yeah I know a thing or two about playing college football, same as Jumbo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions