Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

New Thread

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
New Thread
« on: November 04, 2015, 10:05:23 PM »
Not going to taint the Hip Hop thread since the discussion started getting away from the main topic.  I said it would be on the U-Tubes and it instantly was.  Chris Stapleton and Justin T. kill it.  Two songs. Here's the first.  If you don't get it, I can't help you,

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: New Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 10:31:34 PM »
I know we post videos all the time with little reaction.  Srsly give these a shot.  Put on headphones and crank it.  Such a great blend of country and blues.  Stapleton just won new artist and album of the year and it's a complete departure from what "country" has become.  And Timberlake is just a damn fine performer.  They kicked this awards show in the ass.  Worth the watch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 08:01:18 AM »
I usually don't watch the CMA's but wife was watching when I walked in during this. Holy shit what a performance. I really like JT anyway, but him and Staplton killed this. After I heard that, I listened to a couple of Staplton's song and think I could get in to this guy too. These guys last night were incredible.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 08:07:59 AM »
And is there anything that Justin Timberlake can't do? He just integrated the CMA's.

-stolt from twitter
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 08:45:58 AM »
I usually don't watch the CMA's but wife was watching when I walked in during this. Holy shit what a performance. I really like JT anyway, but him and Staplton killed this. After I heard that, I listened to a couple of Staplton's song and think I could get in to this guy too. These guys last night were incredible.

Agree.

But call me a pessimist or a student of history,  it wont be allowed to last. Someone will see it as an opportunity to sell millions of records. Theyll sign em to a big fat contract and do their best to appeal to 16-27 year old girls and "bro country" guys that pretend to be cool. Thats their audience...not you or I or Snags. They want to sell millions in Wal Marks or Itunes or Amazon. Not make good music. Just about anyone that is decent seems to go the route of Taylor Swift, Fla-Ga Line or Luke Bryan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 09:27:26 AM »
It was the first CMA that I watched a bit of in a while. i enjoyed it. But i have to say, until tonight, I had not heard of Stapleton!

Miranda sure likes him....In Blake's FACE!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 10:53:11 PM »
It was the first CMA that I watched a bit of in a while. i enjoyed it. But i have to say, until tonight, I had not heard of Stapleton!

Miranda sure likes him....In Blake's FACE!

Sorry. Blake's face is buried between Gwen's legs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 08:30:49 AM »
And is there anything that Justin Timberlake can't do? He just integrated the CMA's.

-stolt from twitter

He is by far one of the best artists in the last 20 years.  It's a shame a faction of people refuse to even consider him because of the boy band era.  Dude is really good, and can really sing. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 08:59:45 AM »
He is by far one of the best artists in the last 20 years.  It's a shame a faction of people refuse to even consider him because of the boy band era.  Dude is really good, and can really sing.

Agreed. I would have taken the wife to his concert, but I didn't want to drop freaking $400/piece for tickets in the nose bleed...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2015, 09:14:32 AM »

Agree....guy is a talent. I liken him to Prince before him, who is/was a lot more talented of a musician than people gave him credit for. Timberlake is kind of multifaceted to me, does it all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2015, 11:28:08 AM »
Agree....guy is a talent. I liken him to Prince before him, who is/was a lot more talented of a musician than people gave him credit for. Timberlake is kind of multifaceted to me, does it all.

Yeah, let's not get crazy!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2015, 11:51:34 AM »

I will. He is better than Prince...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2015, 11:52:11 AM »

Just in the same way that people saw them as pop entertainers but both being much much more than that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2015, 11:55:14 AM »
Meh, David Allan Coe sang it much better. #cover
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2015, 12:23:20 PM »
I will. He is better than Prince...

OK.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2015, 12:36:24 PM »
Both Prince and JT are off the charts talented and versatile. 

On a side note, Prince wrote Manic Monday for The Bangles.  I only mention that because Suzanna was so hot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2015, 12:47:58 PM »
Both Prince and JT are off the charts talented and versatile. 

On a side note, Prince wrote Manic Monday for The Bangles.  I only mention that because Suzanna was so hot.

I doubt she had sugar walls....

When JT has enough music recorded to release a new album every year for the next hunnert years, we can talk!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 12:49:40 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2015, 01:36:15 PM »
I doubt she had sugar walls....

When JT has enough music recorded to release a new album every year for the next hunnert years, we can talk!

Me thinks the Prattville Lion missed the point. Both looked at as more shallow pop rockers when in reality both are really much more than that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2015, 04:34:57 PM »
OK.  :facepalm:

I have listened to a lot of Prince and a lot of JT. Have you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2015, 04:43:08 PM »
I have listened to a lot of Prince and a lot of JT. Have you?

Whatever. JT might reach Prince's level one day. But it ain't today.

He might want to practice a few more or fifty instruments first.

Timberlake is talented, but he ain't no Prince yet.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions