Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Week Townhall Has Left the Jacobs Bus

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Thoughts - Week Townhall Has Left the Jacobs Bus
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2015, 09:29:36 AM »
Pat Dye comes on our local sports talk show every Monday.  Said the one thing this morning I wanted to hear.  Paraphrasing. He said he's still optimistic about getting it turned around because he still sees the players and coaches busting their asses and trying to get better.  He said as long as they're not quitting like they did in 2012, they can find a way to get the program back on track.

Just heard that.

I swear some of the callers on that show are training to call into Finebaum one day. "hayyyyy, how cumm you reckin theyz doin thayut? i donnnt unnderstand it layunce"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2015, 09:34:39 AM »
Pat Dye comes on our local sports talk show every Monday.  Said the one thing this morning I wanted to hear.  Paraphrasing. He said he's still optimistic about getting it turned around because he still sees the players and coaches busting their asses and trying to get better.  He said as long as they're not quitting like they did in 2012, they can find a way to get the program back on track.
True. Can't wait to see some rythym with the play calling that accentuates all of the effort.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2015, 09:42:03 AM »
Just heard that.

I swear some of the callers on that show are training to call into Finebaum one day. "hayyyyy, how cumm you reckin theyz doin thayut? i donnnt unnderstand it layunce"

They come out of the woodwork when things aren't going good. A lot of new callers in recent weeks.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2015, 10:35:10 AM »
Just going to leave this here. 

If we score 30 points per game in regulation (under malzahn's career average) we are 7-1 and in contention for everything but the heisman. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2015, 10:41:43 AM »
Just going to leave this here. 

If we score 30 points per game in regulation (under malzahn's career average) we are 7-1 and in contention for everything but the heisman.

We have yet to get out of our own way.  We have made different mistakes that have cost us in all of our games.  Arkansas was drops.  Ole Miss was play calling.   It would be nice to see us play a game where we don't fuck ourselves.  I am hoping it is bama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2015, 03:39:30 PM »
We have yet to get out of our own way.  We have made different mistakes that have cost us in all of our games.  Arkansas was drops.  Ole Miss was play calling.   It would be nice to see us play a game where we don't fuck ourselves.  I am hoping it is bama.
I get what you're saying but even if I do say so myself, I'm a pretty good fuck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2015, 05:16:36 PM »
I get what you're saying but even if I do say so myself, I'm a pretty good fuck.
Dallas thinks you're keen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

chinook

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2015, 09:34:46 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2015, 08:24:40 AM »
Back to the 1st from the OP - I have a question for you and all of the "Jacobs must go" crowd.

What gives you any idea the next person put in place by the PTB will be any different than Jacobs is? What about the PTB's decision making history gives you hope a change in AD would result in anything positive?

You don't change horses in mid stream. Like it or not, I think we are on this pony for the long haul.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2015, 08:38:33 AM »
Back to the 1st from the OP - I have a question for you and all of the "Jacobs must go" crowd.

What gives you any idea the next person put in place by the PTB will be any different than Jacobs is? What about the PTB's decision making history gives you hope a change in AD would result in anything positive?

You don't change horses in mid stream. Like it or not, I think we are on this pony for the long haul.

Agree, as much as I hate to.

On one hand, I would like to see him gone. On another, his replacement will just be another clone possibly. If not a clone, someone controlled. McGlynn, Etheredge, Baird...??
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2015, 08:53:55 AM »

I put a good word in for you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2015, 09:52:17 AM »
Not much more to be said, but you know a lawyer can't help himself:

1) That loss gets laid solely at the feet of the offensive play-caller, whoever that may be these days.  Lashlee, presumably.

2) Johnson's insertion (he he) into the game fools no one.  He's the worst decoy in the world.  I like the kid,  but he's just not good.  He gets credit for the great catch that Stevens made on the 2 (which became a 40 yard field goal...thanks Rhett), but otherwise he's lost.  I saw him take the snap once (long bomb towards Smith near the South endzone) and heave it without looking up.  No regard for coverage...hell, Smith might have tripped at the LOS and that ball was out regardless.

3) The maddening refusal in the first half to run the ball will be chalked up, presumably, to "taking what the defense gives us."  Pound the rock and loosen things up for White on the intermediate routes.

4) The defense is trying and Carlton Davis looked amazing as a true frosh covering Treadwell.  LT got his, of course, but he was frustrated most of the day and was a whiny, chippy bitch-made ass all day. 

5) Glad to see Cass and Frost trying to redeem themselves.  Frost especially could have quit after losing his starting spot...great to see him get the pick.

All in all, this team is close if the coaches can just get out of the kids' way.

Fuck a bunch of giving up, "this ain't AU football" grumbling and other general pussyassedness.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 09:55:02 AM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2015, 09:56:39 AM »

1) That loss gets laid solely at the feet of the offensive play-caller, whoever that may be these days.  Lashlee, presumably.

2) Johnson's insertion (he he) into the game fools no one.  He's the worst decoy in the world.  I like the kid,  but he's just not good.  He gets credit for the great catch that Stevens made on the 2 (which became a 40 yard field goal...thanks Rhett), but otherwise he's lost.  I saw him take the snap once (long bomb towards Smith near the South endzone) and heave it without looking up.  No regard for coverage...hell, Smith might have tripped at the LOS and that ball was out regardless.

3) The maddening refusal in the first half to run the ball will be chalked up, presumably, to "taking what the defense gives us."  Pound the rock and loosen things up for White on the intermediate routes.

4) The defense is trying and Carlton Davis looked amazing as a true frosh covering Treadwell.  LT got his, of course, but he was frustrated most of the day and was a whiny, chippy bitch-made ass all day. 

5) Glad to see Cass and Frost trying to redeem themselves.  Frost especially could have quit after losing his starting spot...great to see him get the pick.

All in all, this team is close if the coaches can just get out of the kids' way.

Fuck a bunch of giving up, "this ain't AU football" grumbling and other general pussyassedness.
To the Lashlee bashers (not saying you are one counselor) I have it on a pretty decent authority that Gus is the one calling the plays and has been.  Just an FYI.

This BBQ is delicious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2015, 09:57:33 AM »

What the hell are we supposed to do, ya' moron?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2015, 10:00:27 AM »
To the Lashlee bashers (not saying you are one counselor) I have it on a pretty decent authority that Gus is the one calling the plays and has been.  Just an FYI.

This BBQ is delicious.

Then he needs to hand it over and focus on running the entire program.

I don't know what the answer is, but you can't take 3 first downs inside the 10 yard line, come away with 9 points and expect to win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2015, 10:16:31 AM »

All of it. The counselor from teh Pandhandle knows.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2015, 10:18:16 AM »
What the hell are we supposed to do, ya' moron?

I walked on at Southeast Alabama Tech A&M Community School for Tech and Trade once! So shaddup ya moron!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2015, 10:24:48 AM »
I walked on at Southeast Alabama Tech A&M Community School for Tech and Trade once! So shaddup ya moron!

Pretty impressive.  The SATAMCSTT Blue Hornets always have a skrong program.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2015, 10:33:07 AM »
Pretty impressive.  The SATAMCSTT Blue Hornets always have a skrong program.

Quindamandr'ius Jackson was the man back when I was on the team...when I played College Football. Which is how come I know'd all this stuff and all. I'm a man. I'm 40. I drive a Dodge Stratus. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2015, 11:26:25 AM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Full agreeance on all counts.

This ain't 2012 guys. It's tough to watch, but it's not 2012.

This is 2010 if Cam Newton turned out to be a massive flop for whatever unknown reason so we had to play Barrett Trotter pretty much all year, Nick Fairley missed over half the season due to injury, and Mike Dyer (if he were a WR) couldn't control his off the field problems to the point that it was carrying over onto the field, and culminated in a barroom brawl.

We'd be exactly where we are right now in that scenario. Most importantly, our guys aren't completely rolling over and stretching their assholes into goatse after ever snap. (Really odd playcalling on Loeffler & VanGorder's part). Every snap doesn't have a 95% chance that Jake Holland cowers in fear as Keil Frazier falls into the fetal position 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Instead, they played their asses off into quadruple overtime. It's certainly not ideal, and it is a major disappointment relative to preseason expectations. But it's not a dumpster fire. We saw that three years ago.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions