11/26    @ Alabama
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: 2016 schedule released
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 07:22:07 PM »
Does our AD know that there are other teams besides Clemson that Auburn can play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 09:32:36 PM »
If we can get our shit together, this is a very favorable schedule.

Five straight home games to start the season. Then @Miss State. I really think Miss State takes a big jump backwards next year with Dak leaving.

Then a bye week.

Then Arkansas at home.

The gauntlet starts 10/29 but we get Vanderbilt from the East.

As always, it's never easy to go undefeated in the SEC. However, if IF we can field a good team (probably won't), we should beat Clemson, Texas A&M, Miss State, Arkansas, and Vanderbilt. Win two-three games against LSU, Ole Miss, UGA, and Bama, and we're in a pretty damn good bowl game if not in position to win the West.

With that said, it'll be a good test to see if Gus can handle being Auburn's coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 09:52:03 PM »
Frick that.  3 of the first 4 will be the toughest games in the nation.  Period.  Don't care if they're at home or in Japan.  Nobody will have a tougher start than us.  That is some brutal shit right there.  Don't know if it means anything or will next year, but Arky State is pretty damn good in the Sun Belt.  Will probably win it this year.  Nothing favorable about this schedule.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 10:02:39 PM »
Frick that.  3 of the first 4 will be the toughest games in the nation.  Period.  Don't care if they're at home or in Japan.  Nobody will have a tougher start than us.  That is some brutal shit right there.  Don't know if it means anything or will next year, but Arky State is pretty damn good in the Sun Belt.  Will probably win it this year.  Nothing favorable about this schedule.

Agreed.

And...

Does our AD know that there are other teams besides Clemson that Auburn can play.

Double fucking agree.  If I never see Clemson or Wisconsin on our schedule again, it'll be too soon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 10:34:37 PM »
Thank GOD Jacksonville State dropped off there. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2015, 08:49:11 AM »

Considering though that even years are considered our least favorable schedules, this one seems manageable to me. There is no long road challenge that keeps the Tigers away from Jordan-Hare. If the Tigers start out strong, I like our chances...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2015, 09:16:42 AM »
Considering though that even years are considered our least favorable schedules, this one seems manageable to me. There is no long road challenge that keeps the Tigers away from Jordan-Hare. If the Tigers start out strong, I like our chances...

Exactly.

Maybe I'm overestimating Clemson, but they're not world beaters and we get them at home. When's the last time we lost a OOC game at home?

Texas A&M has some serious issues right now. They can't find a quarterback. They have a track record under Sumlin of starting hot with an easier schedule and then getting exposed around week 5 or 6. Well now they get to come to Jordan Hare in week 3.

Getting LSU at home is huge. Even in our worst seasons (2008 and 2012), we took LSU to the wire at home. Les Miles has admitted multiple times that Jordan Hare is one of the most difficult places he takes his team.

No, it's not an easy schedule, but it is favorable. Again, this was the big IF, if we get our team back in the right direction and can beat Clemson, Texas A&M, and LSU at home, we could be looking at an SECCG run.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2015, 09:56:11 AM »

This

By our schedule standards this one is one of the more manageable ones Ive seen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2015, 12:26:03 PM »
Thank GOD Jacksonville State dropped off there.
Agreed but Open gave us a pretty good run for our money this year, so they're definitely no cupcake.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2015, 12:37:58 PM »
If we get Carl Lawson back by the ULM game, JJ gets the snakes out of his head and Duke isn't in trouble, I like our chances of winning that one. Assuming the defense improves as much over the summer as they have... never mind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2015, 12:48:12 PM »
This

By our schedule standards this one is one of the more manageable ones Ive seen.
When I saw JSU game two this year, I said the same thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2015, 08:35:10 PM »
Why does it have to be Vanderbilt again? Hate our luck against those smart suckers the last few times out of the gate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2015, 08:35:57 PM »

This is part of Dabo's extended interview process for the 'Bama job.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg