Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Sean White

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Sean White
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2015, 06:59:26 AM »
How many Td passes has he thrown? I'll hang up and listen.
He threw a two point conversion pass...does that count?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2015, 07:50:01 AM »
He threw a two point conversion pass...does that count?
I'm not so worried about our lack of TD passes when we lack sure hands and are trying desperately to avoid having to settle for FGs in the redzone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2015, 08:14:44 AM »
I'm not so worried about our lack of TD passes when we lack sure hands and are trying desperately to avoid having to settle for FGs in the redzone.

If running it is our bread n butter, then Im not sure why anyone has an issue with running in the TDs. When we get down there and try to pass it in, people accuse the staff of getting cutesy on playcalling. Can't have it both ways.

But the fans have it all figured out. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2015, 08:21:51 AM »
How many Td passes has he thrown? I'll hang up and listen.

ZERO!

But JJ's biggest issue was turnovers, and we could barely beat JSU because of it. White's biggest strength seems to be not throwing interceptions, we barely lost to Arkansas because of it. Not sure which I would rather.

Sean White is limited with 4 games, but I think we can learn something through his stats:

63% completion percentage. 204 yards per game.

In 2012, when we really and truly sucked on offense, we averaged 80 yards per game passing and had a 54% completion percentage.

In 2011, which was more similar to this season than 2012 was, we averaged 155 yards per game and had a 56% completion percentage.

In 2009, which had a decent quarterback that wasn't spectacular, he averaged 209 yards per game and had a 60% completion percentage.

Cam and Nick's numbers were very similar to White's and Todd's. About 200 yards per game with 66% (Cam) and 60% (Nick) completion percentages.

Our running game seems to be clicking but still lacks the dual threat option at QB. If White (or some more wildcat) could get us 50 more rushing yards a game, we would be almost to 2010's yards per game and over 2009's yards per game.

So while White does not get us more points, he seems to have our offense almost back to what we're used to from Gus. Except in scoring points through the air. 

But whether you want scoreless White or turnover-man Johnson, it doesn't really matter. Every statistic on defense (the per/game categories) this season thus far is worse already than 2012's whole season. And 2012 at this point still had the Texas A&M, Georgia, and Alabama shellackings.

It might be safe to say that (at least at this point) this is by far the worst defense Auburn has ever fielded.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2015, 09:01:00 AM »
If running it is our bread n butter, then Im not sure why anyone has an issue with running in the TDs. When we get down there and try to pass it in, people accuse the staff of getting cutesy on playcalling. Can't have it both ways.

But the fans have it all figured out.

All of this.  If we are scoring running the ball I could give a fuck if Sean throws a TD.  He will get his. 

Like jmar said though perhaps we could change-up our first down play consisting of running up the middle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2015, 09:12:05 AM »
All of this.  If we are scoring running the ball I could give a fuck if Sean throws a TD.  He will get his. 

Like jmar said though perhaps we could change-up our first down play consisting of running up the middle.

A Gus offense is mostly about rhythm. And for the most part it will get its yards once it gets in sync. But THS is right....at the moment, most of the issues are lying on the shoulders of the front 7 on D. And I think that is just gonna take time. Ej drove our D personnel to shit. Not that we don't have talent. But we don't have the correct personnel to run WM's D nor to stop most SEC O's regardless of scheme.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2015, 09:28:17 AM »
But JJ's biggest issue was turnovers, and we could barely beat JSU because of it. White's biggest strength seems to be not throwing interceptions, we barely lost to Arkansas because of it. Not sure which I would rather.

The guy that doesn't turn the ball over and puts you in position to win.  The loss to Arky and lack of passing TD's in that game was not Sean's fault.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2015, 09:29:08 AM »
The guy that doesn't turn the ball over and puts you in position to win.  The loss to Arky and lack of passing TD's in that game was not Sean's fault.

Money.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2015, 10:16:09 AM »
Money.

To add to it, he in fact gave us a chance to win it. Every turnover you don't have is 6 less points of potential the opposing team gets.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2015, 06:04:46 PM »
Da boy is a gamer.

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/102715aae.html

PRESSURE AND FUN: AUBURN'S SEAN WHITE EMBRACES QB ROLE
Oct. 27, 2015
SeanWhite
Auburn's Sean White will be looking for more success when he faces Ole Miss on Saturday

By Charles Goldberg
AuburnTigers.com

AUBURN, Ala. — Sean White had a long way to go, and had a short time to get there at Arkansas last Saturday.

The Auburn quarterback accepted the challenged.

White grabbed his two-minute offense and drove the Tigers to a tying field goal in the closing moments of regulation. Pressure?

"I think it's fun," White said. "The pressure's on for you to try to help your team to either tie or win the game, and that, as a quarterback, you like those situations. Those are situations you like to thrive in. Being down three points, I got my opportunity and, luckily, we were able to tie the game."

Daniel Carlson's field goal tied Arkansas with four seconds left, but the Razorbacks won 54-46 in four overtimes. Auburn will look for better results in Saturday's 11 a.m. home game against Ole Miss.

White's look at pressure, of talking up his receivers, of talking about leadership continued when he met the media Tuesday as he heads to his fifth career game.

"I think I'm just feeling more comfortable with every start," White said.

Auburn is 4-3 overall and 1-3 in the SEC. Ole Miss is 6-2 overall and 3-1 in the league.

Auburn was down by three with 1:07 to play and with no time outs when White moved Auburn from its own 26 to close enough for Carlson to tie Arkansas.

"Obviously, I wish we could have won a couple of those games, but I'm having fun playing with my teammates, playing for my coaches," White said. "Playing in the SEC, especially as a redshirt freshman, it's been a blessing. I'm just trying to take everything in stride and try to keep learning and get better because that's what I have to do."

"As a quarterback, you have to be a leader, but you don't want to step on the seniors' toes or anything like that, especially because I didn't start out the season as a starter. I feel as a quarterback I'm gaining my teammates' respect. My leadership role has to increase the more that I play. I think that's something that has been increasing and I'll continue to try to build that for my team."

White's stats: 63-of-97 for 805 yards. He was 19-of-32 passing for 254 yards against Arkansas, and could have had more if not for drops.

Auburn receiver Ricardo Louis had six catches, and said he should have had more if not for the balls that got away. White, as he did last Saturday, stood up for his receiver.

"He made a lot of good plays that put us in position to win and he's a great receiver," White said. "He'll use it as motivation. I think he was down on himself after the game, but I think now he's ready to use it as motivation for the rest of the season. He's going to be ready to go the rest of the season and keep making plays for us. I'm very confident in Ricardo."

Coach Gus Malzahn said White's attitude shows leadership.

"He's a tough kid," Malzahn said. "As a matter of fact, he was an encourager. 'Hey, I'm going to get it back to you.' That’s part of playing quarterback too — how you deal with your teammates and all that. I think he's got that pretty good hand on that, too."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2015, 06:51:41 PM »
He's a gamer and is going to be one of our all-time greats by the time he leaves.

Another plus for us on that last drive was the superhuman power of  Legatron. If we get within 60 yards of the goalpost, Carlson has a great chance of putting it through the uprights. The dude is a monster.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2015, 07:04:35 PM »
He's a gamer and is going to be one of our all-time greats by the time he leaves.

Another plus for us on that last drive was the superhuman power of  Legatron. If we get within 60 yards of the goalpost, Carlson has a great chance of putting it through the uprights. The dude is a monster.

Legatron? Really?  That is absolutely, positively, without a doubt....one of the coolest names you've ever come up with.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2015, 08:25:49 PM »
Da boy is a gamer.

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/102715aae.html
Auburn just offered JUCO QB John Franklin III (former FSU QB) & JUCO QB Jérod Evans will soon have his offer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2015, 08:52:53 PM »
Auburn just offered JUCO QB John Franklin III (former FSU QB) & JUCO QB Jérod Evans will soon have his offer.
That tells me Gus doesn't want to ride the white horse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2015, 09:18:25 PM »

I hope not but QB is something you can never have too many of.  What they need to be offering are D-Linemen...D-Linemen...D-Linemen and then a few more D-Linemen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2015, 09:32:37 PM »
I hope not but QB is something you can never have too many of.  What they need to be offering are D-Linemen...D-Linemen...D-Linemen and then a few more D-Linemen.
Maybe throw in some mean & nasty LBers, like Mack on The Program. A linebacker that attacks the ball carrier to inflict as much pain as possible...one that throws his elbow into the throat of a offensive lineman trying to block him...one that when he grabs a facemask, everyone in the stadium knows that he grabbed it as he's holding the opponent's helmet in his hand...one that receivers fear when they're called on to go over the middle.

I want a Quentin Coryatt/Takeo Spikes mixture at all linebacker positions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2015, 09:55:45 PM »
Maybe throw in some mean & nasty LBers, like Mack on The Program. A linebacker that attacks the ball carrier to inflict as much pain as possible...one that throws his elbow into the throat of a offensive lineman trying to block him...one that when he grabs a facemask, everyone in the stadium knows that he grabbed it as he's holding the opponent's helmet in his hand...one that receivers fear when they're called on to go over the middle.

I want a Quentin Coryatt/Takeo Spikes mixture at all linebacker positions.
You'll get Kris Frost and Jake Holland and like it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2015, 10:45:36 PM »
You'll get Kris Frost and Jake Holland and like it.

NO!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2015, 12:31:22 AM »
Ok people, this thread is about Sean White.

Thank you,
Signed Godfather
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2015, 10:36:53 AM »
We sign QB's every year, like Nutless said you can never have enough of them.  White is da man!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum