Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Sean White

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
Sean White
« on: October 24, 2015, 08:36:43 PM »
Go ahead and cut to the chase. Do you think we can win a championship with him at QB? Most seem to think he can do it but there are some who are convinced Auburn needs dual threat QB. Honestly, I think  this guy might turn out to be better QB than snowboarder and he's a damn good snowboarder. Most accurate freshman QB at Auburn this 37 year old can remember. Wouldn't surprise me a bit to see him to lead Auburn to a win in any of our remaining games. Depending on if we can catch the ball and Carl Lawson returns of course.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Sean White
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 09:37:53 PM »
I agree, I can see him being our QB for the near future...until Auburn brings in a JUCO Dual Threat QB, then it's back to second string for him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 01:55:32 AM »
His father Stan was a kick ass freshman quarterback at Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

jmar

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 03:07:14 AM »
Go ahead and cut to the chase. Do you think we can win a championship with him at QB? Most seem to think he can do it but there are some who are convinced Auburn needs dual threat QB. Honestly, I think  this guy might turn out to be better QB than snowboarder and he's a damn good snowboarder. Most accurate freshman QB at Auburn this 37 year old can remember. Wouldn't surprise me a bit to see him to lead Auburn to a win in any of our remaining games. Depending on if we can catch the ball and Carl Lawson returns of course.
I like his toughness and we can win some games with him. Doesn't have a big gun but he has plenty of mustard on it for what we do inside forty yards or so. White had about six dropped balls yesterday and maybe three others that were a bit behind the receivers but still catchable.

Doesn't help that he has to deal with our ridiculously predictable play calling that puts added pressure on him. I want the long ball to be a choice and the first down calls and slow developing plays force him behind the sticks too often.

If this offense requires a running QB to be successful it is a failure of the coordinator and Head Coach, not White. They need to adapt to White, same as with Todd, not the other way around. And honestly as it is now I doubt he will be at Auburn for the remainder of his college career nor would I blame him for transferring should he feel they are getting too cozy with the dual purpose incoming while he gives his all.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 07:06:27 AM »
I agree, I can see him being our QB for the near future...until Auburn brings in a JUCO Dual Threat QB, then it's back to second string for him.

Kinda the way I'm thinking too.  He's good enough, especially with a good surrounding cast, but he'll be looking over his shoulder the entire time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2015, 10:10:10 AM »
19-34 for 254 yards.  Give him 5 of the 7 obvious drops back and he's 31-42..or something like that.  Probably goes for 350-400 if they just catch the damn ball.  One thing both he and Carry-on need to improve on, especially if we're going to keep increasing the number of Mildcat formations, is making the right reads.  Had to be 5 or 6 times either White or Johnson just blew the proper read.  Plays that would have gone for huge yardage.  But, I imagine that just takes experience.  Seeing it over and over.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2015, 11:54:05 AM »
I like Sean. I honestly believe this kid will be a star at Auburn. Of course we all know Gus will continue to recruit more QBs with one or two being JUCO. Gus needs to focus on getting some WRs to Auburn. Hard focus needs to be put here and perhaps save your JUCO focus for WRs and a LB or two. All of this helps White. I like the kid and hope his talent alone brings some guys in to catch his passes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2015, 12:03:38 PM »
Kinda the way I'm thinking too.  He's good enough, especially with a good surrounding cast, but he'll be looking over his shoulder the entire time.

He's not cam or nick. But I think he's a good enough runner to keep a D honest.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Jumbo

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2015, 01:21:45 PM »
I like Sean. I honestly believe this kid will be a star at Auburn. Of course we all know Gus will continue to recruit more QBs with one or two being JUCO. Gus needs to focus on getting some WRs to Auburn. Hard focus needs to be put here and perhaps save your JUCO focus for WRs and a LB or two. All of this helps White. I like the kid and hope his talent alone brings some guys in to catch his passes.
I agree with you and Prowler I'm sure Gus is wanting to bail on Sean and grab a juco triple threat qb that has been in some minor trouble with drugs/domestic violence/ money laundering.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2015, 02:04:57 PM »
I agree with you and Prowler I'm sure Gus is wanting to bail on Sean and grab a juco triple threat qb that has been in some minor trouble with drugs/domestic violence/ money laundering.

You have to stay with the model.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2015, 02:38:15 PM »

Geez...what the hell are you talking about?  None of the guys Gus has recruited has had any hand in money laundering.  That we know of.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Jumbo

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2015, 06:19:41 PM »
Geez...what the hell are you talking about?  None of the guys Gus has recruited has had any hand in money laundering.  That we know of.
I know nothing of money laundering.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2015, 06:36:44 PM »
I know nothing of money laundering.

I washed a few dollars with my pants yesterday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2015, 10:16:27 AM »
I counted 10 drops that were all catchable.  I will give back 3 just for the hell of it.  Dude is crazy accurate.

Funny thing is, he can run the ball too, not sure why we don't utilize him in that aspect. Unless Gus is afraid of him getting hurt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Jumbo

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2015, 12:36:12 PM »
Sean will look good in green and gold playing on the Southside next year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2015, 03:20:55 PM »
I counted 10 drops that were all catchable.  I will give back 3 just for the hell of it.  Dude is crazy accurate.

Funny thing is, he can run the ball too, not sure why we don't utilize him in that aspect. Unless Gus is afraid of him getting hurt.

I hear ya. I mean why not. We got the greatest QB of all time just raring to go!
He has really got his confidence back!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2015, 04:55:41 PM »
Stole from AUFamily. Since throwing that int against MSU, Sean White has now attempted 94 passes without an int. That streak currently ranks 4th all time in Auburn history. If that doesn't impress you, you are a being a bitch and need to eat a fucking Snickers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2015, 06:24:17 PM »
Stole from AUFamily. Since throwing that int against MSU, Sean White has now attempted 94 passes without an int. That streak currently ranks 4th all time in Auburn history. If that doesn't impress you, you are a being a bitch and need to eat a fucking Snickers.
...and that's why Coach Malzahn doesn't want to run him, because we all know that the "Interception King" is the backup.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2015, 01:58:34 AM »
How many Td passes has he thrown? I'll hang up and listen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2015, 06:30:12 AM »
...and that's why Coach Malzahn doesn't want to run him, because we all know that the "Interception King" is the backup.
I'm ready to see a return on the investment for signing all of these tweeners-Roc Thomas, Jason Smith, Kerryon Johnson, Stanton Truitt...all basically slot guys that rarely see the field together. We don't use a tight end and when a guy like Pettway turns in a positive play we don't see him again. Use them! Put the personnel and packages on the field for White, get creative again and stop handing off to Barber on every first down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions