Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Sean starting for San Jose State

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Sean starting for San Jose State
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2015, 09:12:50 AM »
And this is the kind of thought that Gus needs to get out of his head. The emotional side. The pity party.
^^This is concerning to me too.

I love the kid. He says the right things in interviews, stays out of trouble, says yes sir and no sir. He was raised right and just has a nice personality.

I think Gus and Lash love him too. And there's probably a bit of stubbornness their in wanting to prove they can win with this all star can't miss prospect.

Whether it's pride, love, stubbornness or injury-- I bet we will see JJ qb AU again for more than just a package on Saturday. And I think he needs the work.

Won't surprise me to see Gus use 2 qb's this year IF JJ gets the snakes out of his head.

Regardless, I'm pulling for JJ and hope he does great whenever and wherever he plays. But I also hope Sean continues to improve and we don't need to go 2 qb.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2015, 10:18:59 AM »
I hope we see JJ in mop up duty in the 4th with AU up by 35+. Unless White is screwing up or absolutely ineffective, it should be his show from this point forward.  I was as big a JJ fan as any but you'd have to have snakes in your head as a coach to put him back in with any game still hanging in the balance.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2015, 10:20:20 AM »
I could see Johnson transferring, he still has a redshirt year. Bobby Patrino might like to have him.

JJ rides motorcycles and is gay?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2015, 10:28:15 AM »

JJ rides motorcycles and is gay?

Bobby Paterno loves transfers....PERIOD!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2015, 10:30:58 AM »
Bobby Paterno loves transfers....PERIOD!

I thought Joe Petrino died.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2015, 10:55:07 AM »
I thought Joe Petrino died.

He did...but I'm here to tell you friend, his son Robby is one of the best out there.

Verne Lundquist told me so.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2015, 11:59:04 AM »
I hope we see JJ in mop up duty in the 4th with AU up by 35+. Unless White is screwing up or absolutely ineffective, it should be his show from this point forward.  I was as big a JJ fan as any but you'd have to have snakes in your head as a coach to put him back in with any game still hanging in the balance.
I'm the first to use the "snakes in the head" reference on here and I use it sparingly. As usual, you read something that someone with much more talent writes and you pounce on it. Run it into the damn ground, even.

Give my a snakes in the head a damn rest, or else. I'm tired of this shit. And tired of this town.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2015, 12:09:56 PM »
I'm the first to use the "snakes in the head" reference on here and I use it sparingly. As usual, you read something that someone with much more talent writes and you pounce on it. Run it into the damn ground, even.

Give my a snakes in the head a damn rest, or else. I'm tired of this shit. And tired of this town.

I'm tired of threads about such things
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2015, 12:27:49 PM »

Look, this is the last dance.  I'm only going to do this one more time to kill the pain.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2015, 12:59:34 PM »
We get up 3 TD, I bet we see JJ. At least in the second half. And I pray that we don't hear boos.

He needs the reps and needs to get some kind of confidence. We definitely need to be able to count on him some because he could be next man up at any point. Smith and Wallace would be the next candidates and both are likely serviceable but I don't think they can make the throws JJ is capable of.

They aren't going to burn Queen's red shirt at this point, even if it meant losing every game left. So, I'm expecting to see JJ this weekend. I hope to see him. If not, it probably means a close game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2015, 01:08:01 PM »
We get up 3 TD, I bet we see JJ. At least in the second half. And I pray that we don't hear boos.He needs the reps and needs to get some kind of confidence. We definitely need to be able to count on him some because he could be next man up at any point. Smith and Wallace would be the next candidates and both are likely serviceable but I don't think they can make the throws JJ is capable of.

They aren't going to burn Queen's red shirt at this point, even if it meant losing every game left. So, I'm expecting to see JJ this weekend. I hope to see him. If not, it probably means a close game.

Pray then to the football gods he doesn't throw an interception.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2015, 02:10:23 PM »
We get up 3 TD, I bet we see JJ. At least in the second half. And I pray that we don't hear boos.

He needs the reps and needs to get some kind of confidence. We definitely need to be able to count on him some because he could be next man up at any point. Smith and Wallace would be the next candidates and both are likely serviceable but I don't think they can make the throws JJ is capable of.

Queen been gone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2015, 02:11:03 PM »
Haven't you heard? Gus listens to sympathetic fans and is going soft on us.
I'm with you on JJ not going in with a game in the balance but our 200 pound starter is gonna get knocked around because I've seen our blocking and the opposition.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2015, 02:36:57 PM »

Personally I like the term bat's in the belfry but to each his own.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2015, 03:02:39 PM »
We're no longer a HUNH team, we're more snail paced.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2015, 04:03:43 PM »
Haven't you heard? Gus listens to sympathetic fans and is going soft on us.
I'm with you on JJ not going in with a game in the balance but our 200 pound starter is gonna get knocked around because I've seen our blocking and the opposition.

I didn't realize that San Jose State was such a powerhouse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2015, 04:24:01 PM »

Pfft, you didn't see what the Spartans did to the New Hampshire Wildcats?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2015, 05:07:19 PM »

They go about 285 on the D-line with the exception of a small DE.  Problem is, there's a lot of Samoans on the roster.  We don't match up with Samoans.  Thank God Hawaii isn't on the schedule.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2015, 05:31:38 PM »
They go about 285 on the D-line with the exception of a small DE.  Problem is, there's a lot of Samoans on the roster.  We don't match up with Samoans.  Thank God Hawaii isn't on the schedule.
Too bad we aren't stocked with Tongans to counter. Might have half a chance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2015, 06:37:48 PM »
We get up 3 TD...

Offensive touchdowns scored in other than garbage time in four 2015 games:  7 (one was a short-field gift)

Three TDs on Saturday? 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.