Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Time For Gus To Nut Up

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Time For Gus To Nut Up
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2015, 08:38:17 PM »
Nope……it was that way with Dye also.  1983 was  bit of a surprise.  We thought we would be good…had no idea we would be the best football team in the country by mid-November.

1984-1985….shit the bed big time and there was a serious movement to fire Dye.  He hired Sullivan and saved his job…but still had some unexplainable losses from 1986-1989.

Direct quote half-way through the 1989 season (made in private):  "If they don't get us this year, we are going to be unstoppable the next three years."  rose to #2 in the AP poll in 1990, lost to UF, Sou. Miss and uat   and promptly shit the bed for the next two years.

It happens……believe the core of this staff can get it done……they need to remove their heads from their asses and get the kids attention as for the effort required and expected of everyone.

We are currently not in a big mess……but a mess none the less that needs to be cleaned up in a hurry.  I believe Saturday night was a move in the right direction.  Be interesting to see where we are in December.  Those two last games (uga & uat) can cure a lot of ills if we can get our heads screwed on right by then.

:bar:

Pell City....

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2015, 09:18:58 PM »
Stats, schmats! Screw you guys. I'm going home!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2015, 10:22:17 PM »
And Bruce Pearl had better watch his step!

He can win right away
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2015, 10:23:34 PM »

You've been saying that for a while now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2015, 10:36:05 PM »
What about the sex?
It was great, and I didn't shit straight for a week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

jmar

« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2015, 08:42:37 AM »
While we wait on Lawson the defense should improve. And if he can make it back if could mean we save as much as two possessions limiting the time the opposition has the ball.
Really like White but Gus will start reasserting Johnson more IMO. We might get some improvement from the offense but it will be a far cry from anything we expected especially if the pace and play selection doesn't pick up.

Can't see but 6 wins, 7 if we steal one.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 08:45:15 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2015, 08:45:15 AM »
Nope……it was that way with Dye also.  1983 was  bit of a surprise.  We thought we would be good…had no idea we would be the best football team in the country by mid-November.

1984-1985….shit the bed big time and there was a serious movement to fire Dye.  He hired Sullivan and saved his job…but still had some unexplainable losses from 1986-1989.

Direct quote half-way through the 1989 season (made in private):  "If they don't get us this year, we are going to be unstoppable the next three years."  rose to #2 in the AP poll in 1990, lost to UF, Sou. Miss and uat   and promptly shit the bed for the next two years.

It happens……believe the core of this staff can get it done……they need to remove their heads from their asses and get the kids attention as for the effort required and expected of everyone.

We are currently not in a big mess……but a mess none the less that needs to be cleaned up in a hurry.  I believe Saturday night was a move in the right direction.  Be interesting to see where we are in December.  Those two last games (uga & uat) can cure a lot of ills if we can get our heads screwed on right by then.

yes and no....

Yes, but not to this degree. Its cutthroat now. We are entitled now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2015, 08:59:19 AM »
Okay 5 wins, possibly 6.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2015, 09:22:38 AM »
If it makes you feel any better, I really liked what you posted and thought it made tons of sense. Right up until eagleair came on and basically made you look like a big dummy, I thought your post was good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2015, 10:47:57 AM »

Honestly as far as I'm concerned the season started with Miss. State.  I want to see growth and movement in the right direction from that point forward. 

If we lose...fine but we better lose with our guts hanging out and the score close.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2015, 11:08:54 AM »
Harrumph.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2015, 11:25:27 AM »

If we lose...fine but we better lose with our guts hanging out and the score close.
Ain't no easy way in life. And I can't tell you how I feel about you. I wouldn't swap this year. I watched you struggle and wrestle with those angels, you know. And, I've watched you become men. I've watched you become men.

Well, the few of you that are straight, anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2015, 11:40:01 AM »
Them angels is a kickin' our ass
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2015, 12:07:55 PM »
Them angels is a kickin' our ass

Maybe we orta stop rasslin with them and start lettin' em soar?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2015, 01:33:06 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2015, 02:13:16 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2015, 02:41:28 PM »
That's deep, Shane.
Yo quicksands a scary mother, first of all it sucks you in and then if you try to scream you get all that muck in your mouth
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum