Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Time For Gus To Nut Up

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Time For Gus To Nut Up
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2015, 12:54:46 PM »
I didn't like the hire.   I don't know, I have just become apathetic...  It is kind of sad.   I will just enjoy the tailgating and drinking.

What about the sex?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2015, 12:58:13 PM »
I wonder if part of the reason things flame out as they do is BECAUSE there's no patience. 

Bowden was a year off playing in the SEC-CG and very nearly denying Peyton with ONE player on offense.  Just one. 

Until Finebaum and JGT pulled the covers back on the plot to castrate Tuberville after 2003 we were going to jettison him after four years.  Instead he felt like he was untouchable, wasn't coaching to save his ass every single game and went on a pretty good five or six year run. 

Chizik was never secure.  Not even after 2010.  "Better not fuck up."  Ego, hubris, some crazy shit. He gone. 

I think Malzahn currently feels the pressure and he's not relaxing.  His butthole is puckering because there's the sense that he's not going to have time to build the program or whatever.  Yeah, we should be better than this in his third season.  His fourth TOTAL season as a head coach.  He probably is learning on the fly.  Learning about discipline. Learning about managing the program.  Learning about dividing responsibilities.

So we have to decide (and by we, I mean the AU administration which does NOT give me great hope) whether or not we believe in him as a coach, him as a person and in his overall mission.  Is it right for AU or not? 

This is a fuck up of epic proportions.  The only thing that truly concerns me is that we're floundering against everybody over the last four years, that we're letting one really great season guide both our expectations and our patience and our self-view.  My question is whether Gus knows how to fix the problems that face him.  From what I see, I can't answer that.  The stuff with D. Williams is troubling.  Driving the Johnson hype train makes me question what he sees.  How could we be THIS inept and he's not aware.  That's surreal.
This sums up where I am, that I failed to put into words. 

It is always the fine line between we are or own worst enemy or are we are doing what is best for the program?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2015, 01:21:37 PM »
This sums up where I am, that I failed to put into words. 

It is always the fine line between we are or own worst enemy or are we are doing what is best for the program?

he speaks for all of us.

maybe once as a fanbase we need to quit crying, need to quit complaining, need to quit worrying about bama, and let our coaches coach. we havent done it since Dye. Kaos is 100% correct. im starting to wonder if WE/US (fans, au admin) are the issue. the pressure, the acting like brats. which in turn breeds what we see, which in turn breeds more catty behavoir. as special of a place as Auburn is, we can be our own worst enemy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2015, 01:37:43 PM »
So is Gus undeveloped as a head coach?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2015, 02:08:03 PM »
Maybe I just see things different. These "Coaches" get paid a SHIT-TON of money. Based on recruiting we have the talent on the team, right now you have to question the coaching. We seem to be a step slower and not as physical as other teams. Our defensive front line gets very little push. Our offensive line gets pushed back.

I think we have every right to question what the hell is going on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2015, 02:15:46 PM »
Maybe I just see things different. These "Coaches" get paid a SHIT-TON of money. Based on recruiting we have the talent on the team, right now you have to question the coaching. We seem to be a step slower and not as physical as other teams. Our defensive front line gets very little push. Our offensive line gets pushed back.

I think we have every right to question what the hell is going on.

The Muschamp quote about having to change the culture combined with the publicized benching of veteran starters makes me think that the seniors aren't very good leaders.  Entitlement from the 2013 season may be to blame.  Pure speculation at this point, but this looks like 2012 and the befuddlement on Van Gorder's face when he got a good look at the locker room culture. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2015, 02:20:18 PM »
The Muschamp quote about having to change the culture combined with the publicized benching of veteran starters makes me think that the seniors aren't very good leaders.  Entitlement from the 2013 season may be to blame.  Pure speculation at this point, but this looks like 2012 and the befuddlement on Van Gorder's face when he got a good look at the locker room culture. 
Honestly, I think they all bought into their own hype.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2015, 02:35:58 PM »

And I don't know why, but all the coach speak is just an ass beating. Just come out and be upfront, so tired of, "we are going to get better", "we are going to keep working hard". Blah, blah
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2015, 02:44:36 PM »

And I don't know why, but all the coach speak is just an ass beating. Just come out and be upfront, so tired of, "we are going to get better", "we are going to keep working hard". Blah, blah

Thats what I mean.

Gus needs to get back to being Gus from 2010 and 2013. No holding back. No sugar coating. Going for the throat. Coaching to win. Without any regard to any other peripheral element whether its pressure from fans/media, feelings (JJ), ego (his own), promises (roc) or whatever. I know this guy can do it. He has to own this program, not the other way around. He's gotta get hard. He's gotta say "fuck it, were going out there to win, time to man up...you aint on board with that, get out of my lockerroom..period".

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2015, 03:00:55 PM »

Yeah I think the culture has been changed at Auburn three times now in the last five years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2015, 03:45:21 PM »
Yeah I think the culture has been changed at Auburn three times now in the last five years.

Or, just once, and that was when Tubs left, and Malzhan is just carrying over Chizik's culture (something I know for a fact GF, Kaos, and I were very worried about).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2015, 03:57:12 PM »
I blame Cam
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2015, 03:57:51 PM »
he speaks for all of us.

maybe once as a fanbase we need to quit crying, need to quit complaining, need to quit worrying about bama, and let our coaches coach. we havent done it since Dye. Kaos is 100% correct. im starting to wonder if WE/US (fans, au admin) are the issue. the pressure, the acting like brats. which in turn breeds what we see, which in turn breeds more catty behavoir. as special of a place as Auburn is, we can be our own worst enemy.

100%

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2015, 04:03:11 PM »
100%

THAT'S BULLSHIT. I WANT COACHES FIRED AND I WANT IT NOW......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2015, 04:23:49 PM »
THAT'S BULLshoot. I WANT COACHES FIRED AND I WANT IT NOW......

The baseball coach was offered as tribute.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2015, 04:41:55 PM »
The baseball coach was offered as tribute.
And Bruce Pearl had better watch his step!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2015, 05:15:38 PM »
I blame Cam

I miss the feeling of watching him play QB.  :sad:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2015, 06:01:44 PM »
Gus' offense has broke almost every single record in his short time he's been here. He hired Will Muschamp to man the defense. Yes things are shitty right now but I have zero doubts it will turn. Maybe not this year but its gonna happen. That much I am sure of.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2015, 07:21:01 PM »
The entire off season we heard that Auburn is the team to beat in the SEC. We come out and promptly shit the bed. The fan base is shell shocked.

Gus himself said "if we can make it through the first 5 games unbeaten, we could be special." I think he knew the issues with youth that we were facing. He could have done a better job tempering the expectations a bit. No one could have imagined JJ would turn into Kiehl Mosely right out of the gate.

I don't know what the deal is. We should be accustomed to tripping over our peckers when we're expected to do well. It's been this way since Dye stepped down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2015, 08:22:36 PM »
I don't know what the deal is. We should be accustomed to tripping over our peckers when we're expected to do well. It's been this way since Dye stepped down.

Nope……it was that way with Dye also.  1983 was  bit of a surprise.  We thought we would be good…had no idea we would be the best football team in the country by mid-November.

1984-1985….shit the bed big time and there was a serious movement to fire Dye.  He hired Sullivan and saved his job…but still had some unexplainable losses from 1986-1989.

Direct quote half-way through the 1989 season (made in private):  "If they don't get us this year, we are going to be unstoppable the next three years."  rose to #2 in the AP poll in 1990, lost to UF, Sou. Miss and uat   and promptly shit the bed for the next two years.

It happens……believe the core of this staff can get it done……they need to remove their heads from their asses and get the kids attention as for the effort required and expected of everyone.

We are currently not in a big mess……but a mess none the less that needs to be cleaned up in a hurry.  I believe Saturday night was a move in the right direction.  Be interesting to see where we are in December.  Those two last games (uga & uat) can cure a lot of ills if we can get our heads screwed on right by then.

:bar:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 08:24:48 PM by eagleair89 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati