No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Golloway has been fired
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2015, 11:10:27 AM »
WOTS was that Gus got punched out by Sunny Galloway. Who was being recorded by Jeremy Johnson for illegal basketball operations performed by Bruce Pearl who was pitching to his basketball players, preseason.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2015, 11:13:47 AM »
WOTS was that Gus got punched out by Sunny Galloway. Who was being recorded by Jeremy Johnson for illegal basketball operations performed by Bruce Pearl who was pitching to his basketball players, preseason.

Well, in all seriousness, if I were gonna go that route, I'd have to be a pitcher and not a catcher. Just saying!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2015, 11:24:24 AM »
It could be sirius
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2015, 12:58:42 PM »
Could get ugly.....

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Lawyer-Golloway-has-made-no-mistakes-39799197

Lawyer: Golloway 'has made no mistakes'
Phillip Marshall -  31 minutes ago 

Sunny Golloway was fired with cause Sunday after two seasons as Auburn baseball coach.
The lawyer representing former Auburn baseball coach Sunny Golloway has come out swinging Monday after athletics director Jay Jacobs announced Sunday that Golloway had been fired after two seasons with cause, meaning Auburn would owe him no money.

John Saxon said in a statement that Golloway "has made no mistakes." He said if mistakes were made, they were "the mistakes of others who have conspired to make him a victim."

Golloway, Saxon said, is ready to fight to "redeem his good name" and get "just compensation" from Auburn.

Here is the full statement:

"For Coach Sunny Golloway to be fired by Auburn is outrageous. The allegations against him are pretextual. Coach Galloway has made no mistakes. If some, who want him gone, say mistakes were made, they are the mistakes of others, who have conspired to make him the victim. If it is necessary in the coming days to air these matters, folks from Jay Jacobs on down -- but not Sunny Golloway -- will be the ones wishing Auburn had handled this differently. As for President (Jay) Gogue, he does not know the facts. If he did, he would not have acquiesced in this decision.

"This is a program that hired a disgraced Bruce Pearl, yet now seeks to make a good man and a good coach, who is nothing but a winner, the fall guy.

"Sunny Golloway is not only a winner, he is a fighter. He has four years left on his contract. There are good arguments, which we are prepared to test in court, that he actually has a lifetime contract. If serious offers of severance are not soon forthcoming, we will be fighting this matter in some forum, quite visibly, as long as it takes
to redeem Coach Golloway's good name and to provide just compensation for him and his family."

Author

Phillip Marshall  @Auburn247
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2015, 01:21:21 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2015, 01:22:11 PM »
BTW Sonny Galloways lawyer is a bammer.

Education

University of Alabama, J.D., 1977
University of North Carolina, M.A., 1973
University of Alabama, B.A., 1972

Expect this to be VERY public!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2015, 01:23:18 PM »
Hate to tell Sonny's lawyer, but he is no "good guy". Most anyone in baseball will tell you that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2015, 01:31:58 PM »
Looks like JJ hired a goodun'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2015, 01:58:30 PM »
The end of Oklahoma baseball's Sunny Golloway era elicited a wide variety of reactions: Anger, disappointment, indifference and — in some instances — outright glee.

Joe Simpson, an All-America outfielder at OU under legendary former Sooners coach Enos Semore, didn't hold back when contacted by telephone Tuesday afternoon.

“I'm so thrilled that he's gone that they could hire a basset hound and it would be an improvement,” said Simpson, an Atlanta Braves broadcaster the past two decades.

“I haven't had anything to do with the program since near the end of the Larry Cochell era. I didn't want to have anything to do with it as long as Sunny Golloway was the head coach because I think he's a sorry individual. I think he's a bad guy. I want to thank Auburn University for taking him off our hands and getting him out of Norman.”

Golloway accepted Auburn's head coaching position last weekend, bringing an end to his nearly nine-year run as OU coach.

In a Tuesday interview with The Oklahoman, he admitted feeling hurt after some of the harsher comments, not the least of which came Sunday night from OU pitcher Dillon Overton's Twitter account.

Overton, who was picked in the second round of the MLB Draft by the Oakland Athletics, sent three tweets to Golloway, calling his old coach “two-faced,” and saying he “lied to our whole team and never had any of our backs.”

A few other Golloway-era Sooners sent concurring tweets; former reserve catcher Jake Smith said Golloway is “crooked” and “puts out a huge front to the public.”

Golloway said some of those critical players — he wouldn't say which ones — have since apologized.

“It's against the law to drink and drive because you could hurt somebody,” Golloway said. “But it's OK. It's just words, so you forgive and move on.”

Fair or not, Golloway leaves Norman an extremely polarizing figure.

Golloway's on-field success throughout his eight-plus seasons as head coach speaks for itself; the Sooners just completed a fifth consecutive 40-win season and won their first Big 12 Tournament since 1997.

OU also reached the 2010 College World Series under Golloway. But throughout his tenure, Golloway made lots of enemies, particularly among players from past eras.

Simpson said he and other Sooners from the Semore era — which lasted from 1969-89 and included five College World Series appearances — haven't felt welcome around the program under Golloway.

Simpson said he and other Sooners from the Semore era — which lasted from 1969-89 and included five College World Series appearances — haven't felt welcome around the program under Golloway.

“Those of us that have been estranged from the program for a decade still want the program to be great,” Simpson said. “We want, more than anything, for Enos Semore to be a guy that is still involved in the program. When a class act like Enos Semore can't even hang around the ballclub, that is a really sad state of affairs for all of us.”

Jordan John, who pitched two seasons at Oklahoma under Golloway and is playing his first year in the Detroit Tigers' organization, responded Sunday night to Overton's tweets with additional negative comments about his former coach — “I busted my (rear) for the man and after (a Super Regional), he told me I was worthless” — but quickly deleted them.

John said in a telephone interview that he'd apologized to Golloway and regretted his tweet.

“The remark I made (Sunday) night — in the heat of the moment I said something,” John said. “I was getting heat from former teammates and guys at OU that are there now. I did say things that were tasteless.

“I wouldn't be sitting here enjoying playing professional baseball if it weren't for OU.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2015, 02:04:19 PM »
From June of LAST YEAR

Blake Austin, a catcher on the Auburn baseball team tweeted out the following at 6:27pm. The record of Auburn actually has NOTHING to do with this story. The issues are the way players were treated by the coaching staff.

Update Number 2 at 5pm on June 3rd

Two independent sources have confirmed that Auburn head coach Sunny Golloway and Athletic Director Jay Jacobs were meeting today to discuss a reduced buyout of Golloway’s contract. This would lead to Golloway leaving the program and the Tigers getting a new head coach.

Other sources around the Auburn program have stated there was verbal abuse of the players that has led to this investigation.

This sounds like some reports from former Oklahoma players that have stated they dealt with same things during Golloway’s tenure in Norman.

Update Number 1 on June 2nd at 3pm

When I reached out to #Auburn to comment on @CB_Daily story, they declined to comment.

— Wade (@Edward_SBNation) June 2, 2014

Original Post

College Baseball Daily has learned that first year coach Sunny Golloway is under an internal investigation after Auburn pitching coach Scott Foxhall didn’t have his contract renewed about two weeks. Foxhall had just finished his sixth season with the Tigers and was retained last summer as the pitching coach on June 26th, 2013 by Golloway. There is also lawsuits filed against the school that is being investigated by the Athletic Department. There is a possibility that these lawsuits could end Golloway’s run with the Tigers after only one rocky season which saw four upperclassmen suspended in midseason. This is a developing situation so stay tuned for more information.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2015, 02:07:48 PM »
The weird thing is... if it was player abuse as some have said, there are actually many players who have come to his defense. Including former Auburn players.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2015, 02:36:10 PM »
The weird thing is... if it was player abuse as some have said, there are actually many players who have come to his defense. Including former Auburn players.

There is that, but they also weren't the ones he had issues with.

Looks like dude has issues just across the board in general.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2015, 02:41:28 PM »
There is that, but they also weren't the ones he had issues with.

Looks like dude has issues just across the board in general.
This might be a win-win for Auburn though.  $1 to Jarhead

If Golloway is what everyone seems to think he is and we fired him for cause. -Win

JJ fucked up and fired him for cause when there was none, maybe JJ will get fired. -Big WIN
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2015, 03:49:58 PM »
BTW Sonny Galloways lawyer is a bammer.

Education

University of Alabama, J.D., 1977
University of North Carolina, M.A., 1973
University of Alabama, B.A., 1972

Expect this to be VERY public!
I laugh in this gas bag mullet lawyer's face.

Does he not know that we have our very own top flight team of lawyers here on the x, from mostly somewhat accredited law schools that are more than capable of, well, a lot of stuff.

This case will be tried in night court, right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2015, 04:00:26 PM »

Does he not know that we have our very own top flight team of lawyers here on the x, from mostly somewhat accredited law schools that are more than capable of, well, a lot of stuff.

I just hope none of our witnesses fall up the stairs suddenly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2015, 04:04:45 PM »
I want to go on record now that all coaching candidates with daughters of age, must submit photos of said daughter.

Golloway has set the bar high!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2015, 04:06:54 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2015, 10:43:49 PM »
Pretextual.....

What does that mean?  Like before cell phones could text? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2015, 11:18:27 PM »
Pretextual.....

What does that mean?  Like before cell phones could text?

Unmarried cell phone sext
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions