Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Week 4

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Thoughts - Week 4
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2015, 07:05:11 PM »
Like most others here, I feel pretty good about Sean White. The red zone play calls, no so much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2015, 07:14:09 PM »
First drive ended and Jeremy said, "Shit man, at least I hit em' between the numbers."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2015, 04:57:19 AM »
Carl Lawson (even with the worst of hip flexor injuries) should be back around the road trip to Fayetteville or *at home on Halloween against the Ackbars. If Malzahn can manufacture some nifty play calling and Muschamp's boys can stop the opposition on the first couple of series in each contest we could bludgeon the Spartans, reflect during the open date and possibly snatch victory from the Wildcats in Lexington. Stoked?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2015, 08:38:06 AM »
Carl Lawson (even with the worst of hip flexor injuries) should be back around the road trip to Fayetteville or *at home on Halloween against the Ackbars. If Malzahn can manufacture some nifty play calling and Muschamp's boys can stop the opposition on the first couple of series in each contest we could bludgeon the Spartans, reflect during the open date and possibly snatch victory from the Wildcats in Lexington. Stoked?

Look at you still holding on to hope
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2015, 08:44:05 AM »
I swear that picture looks like biggest bulldyke in Auburn, AL..

For once, I agree with you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2015, 08:55:09 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2015, 08:59:37 AM »
For the record...we were NEVER in the game at Starkvegas last season when we were steamrolled. Same for UGA. I don't feel so comfy with what's ahead the way our fronts are responding. But all we've heard is how the heart and soul of the team is Carl Lawson. Realistically, based on how we are currently playing I'm not so positive but where do we go from here? Has he lost the team? Where is the HUNH that put us back on the map?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2015, 09:15:54 AM »
Look at you constantly negative, do you even like Auburn football?

Honestly, I agree with him (can't believe I'm saying that). I know we lost, but I saw a lot of positives for the first time this year.  I could be wrong but I actually do believe we are going to get better from this point and do have the possibility of beating some folks.  I think you are going to see some good things happen.

It is tremendously disappointing that expectations were not tempered at all. No it's not the team I hoped for, but I would rather hold up hope than be pissed all the time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2015, 09:23:18 AM »

Honestly, I agree with him (can't believe I'm saying that). I know we lost, but I saw a lot of positives for the first time this year.  I could be wrong but I actually do believe we are going to get better from this point and do have the possibility of beating some folks.  I think you are going to see some good things happen.

It is tremendously disappointing that expectations were not tempered at all. No it's not the team I hoped for, but I would rather hold up hope than be pissed all the time.

I'm with you here.

Never been a rainbows and cotton candy type. But I saw a lot of good, and some hope Sat night. Not saying we are great but I think the season is salvageable. Say, we finish 6-6, 7-5, possibly even 8-4 with a few breaks. Thats probably about the caliber of team we are to be honest. Expectations were way too high. Thats on the media, on our coaches, and on us. An attitude adjustment is what we have received the last 3 games. We deserved it. Sean White will get better, and he's already not bad. Better than JJ. Some of the players commented on how they liked his "swagger". That is a good sign. They have confidence in him. and best of all SW has confidence in SW. UGA is our only certain loss to me. Everyone else on our schedule has "issues" of their own. Look what OM did at Vandy. Bama has their issues. Kentucky is meh. Arky is meh. And Aggie even showed that they are not unbeatable. Arky gifted them that win. Any given Saturday. 

I would put myself on the cautiously optimistic train right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2015, 09:24:14 AM »
Agree with THS's write-up for the most part.  The offense looked like it was going through some growing pains with a new QB, but I never felt a sense of dread watching them trudge back out on the field.  White/Barber/KJohnson is a potent offense and they looked like they can get on the same page with more reps.

Asshole alert: IF Roc is hurt (and I truly do not wish for any of our guys to be injured), it may be the best opportunity for the aforementioned offensive trio to take full control of the playing time.  The timing of Roc's insertion into the game is puzzling and, combined with Malzahn's statement regarding the RBs last week ("keeping them happy"), makes me wonder if Mal/Lash are trying to honor some recruiting promises despite the obvious production of other players.

The defensive starters that sat on the bench to start the game (McKinzy, Frost and Ford) looked to have learned their lesson from said benching.  Frost in particular was playing with determination and picking up the D on the sidelines.  Frankly, I was puzzled by the McKinzy benching...he looked like he's been playing everyone's position heretofore and trying  to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

With a little pass rush, the Prescott/Wilson train is derailed and we probably see a different outcome.

All in all, I feel better about this loss and the direction (if SW remains the starter) of the team (both off and def...c'mon, Carlson!) than I have all year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2015, 09:32:18 AM »

It was a joke. Go take some Midol, Erma.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2015, 09:36:28 AM »
I was honestly disappointed in the play of the defense in the first quarter and the pass blocking of the OL all game long.  Otherwise, I saw a lot of positives that can be built on for the balance of the year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2015, 09:44:09 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2015, 10:00:08 AM »

I have little sunshine pumping in me aside from what is required for everyday life. But like you I do see some positves.We have talent and playmakers first and foremost but the offensive line looks lethargic and we aren't going have many sustained drives the way this group is playing. Would be perfectly happy to not attempt a pass v. SJState before the bye just to get it right.

I'm conditioned to the feast or famine nature of Auburn football. Doesn't mean I have to like it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2015, 10:05:11 AM »
Despite all of the sunshine pumping that I read on here today, I would just like to remind you that you are all about to die.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2015, 10:09:18 AM »
It's just frustrating/infuriating to have to be looking for slivers of possible hope and a turd-tier bowl four games into a season that most thought would be a bust if it didn't include ten wins. 

I can understand that sometimes things don't go as expected.  What I can't understand and what slaps the give a shit right out of your mouth is the crash and burn.   Okay, so you find out you're not really a playoff-type team.  Why does that mean ass rape?  Why does that have to mean hoping to win an SEC game or two? 

2003 - as painful as that was - AU was a dropped Obomanu pass in the endzone against Ole Miss from being in the hunt for the SEC title with an LSU team that won the NC.  Still finished third in the SEC with a 5-3 record.

Then 2009.  Crash and burn?  Not really.  Five point loss to LSU. One point to Vandy. Three to Arkansas. Second half stumble against WVU. Ten  to Ole Miss. Four to Georgia. Give up against Bama when Tuberville was told he wasn't coming back.  Competitive in every game at least. 

2012 was a crash and burn.  Worst season in history.

Since the loss to A&M it's been one shit the bed after another.  We were supposed to remember 13 seconds and be so motivated that nobody could stop us.  Instead we remembered the last two minutes of the A&M game and have not played well since.  That carried over into this season where we've stunk from halftime of the Louisville game on. 

A&M was supposed to be a doormat in the SEC, can't compete.  Unless there's a miracle, AU's gonna be 1-3 against them.  We're 1-3 against MSU the last four.  1-4 against LSU.  2-7 against Georgia the last nine with two close wins and five blowout losses.  2-5 against Alabama. 3-3 vs Arkansas.   

5-1 against Ole Miss, though. 

That's not what a program that sustains success looks like.  And that's what worries me. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2015, 10:16:40 AM »
Despite all of the sunshine pumping that I read on here today, I would just like to remind you that you are all about to die.
I'm too young and inexperienced to die.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2015, 10:17:13 AM »
Agree with THS's write-up for the most part.  The offense looked like it was going through some growing pains with a new QB, but I never felt a sense of dread watching them trudge back out on the field.  White/Barber/KJohnson is a potent offense and they looked like they can get on the same page with more reps.

Asshole alert: IF Roc is hurt (and I truly do not wish for any of our guys to be injured), it may be the best opportunity for the aforementioned offensive trio to take full control of the playing time.  The timing of Roc's insertion into the game is puzzling and, combined with Malzahn's statement regarding the RBs last week ("keeping them happy"), makes me wonder if Mal/Lash are trying to honor some recruiting promises despite the obvious production of other players.

The defensive starters that sat on the bench to start the game (McKinzy, Frost and Ford) looked to have learned their lesson from said benching.  Frost in particular was playing with determination and picking up the D on the sidelines.  Frankly, I was puzzled by the McKinzy benching...he looked like he's been playing everyone's position heretofore and trying  to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

With a little pass rush, the Prescott/Wilson train is derailed and we probably see a different outcome.

All in all, I feel better about this loss and the direction (if SW remains the starter) of the team (both off and def...c'mon, Carlson!) than I have all year.
ohCassanova benching surprised me as well, and he came out like a man possessed. I will say this about Roc even though his being brought in at the time was puzzling, because we actually had a productive offense, with a respected passing game, Roc did well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2015, 10:19:28 AM »
It was a joke. Go take some Midol, Erma.

Not really, look you don't have to be constantly positive, I don't give a fuck.

However, some of your posts make me wonder if you enjoy watching football.  Don't watch angry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2015, 10:25:09 AM »
Yeah, the pass blocking or lack thereof, is a head scratcher, especially with Coleman and Young manning the tackles.  There was a good long stretch where the run blocking looked like things were back to normal.  And the good thing was it was obvious that was what they were going to do, no threat of passing, and they lined up and big boy'd em'.  Barber is definitely the main guy with the way he hits the hole and his size.  But, I get the occasional change up to Roc too. I just think Malzahn is trying to use Barber to pound it over and over and then hit em' with Roc to try and break a long one. 

It looks like they're bringing Kerryon Luggage along slowly, expanding his role a little more each game. I'm fine with that and I'd be wary of running him up inside too much.  Roc seems to be put together a little better than KJ and more suited to taking on the big nasties inside.

One thing I'd really like to see Saturday is them getting Duke involved.  This freakish athlete has 11 catches in 4 games.  Many of those coming late after they seemingly ignore the guy for 3 quarters.  He ought to be a safety net for a young QB like White.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."