Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

And now for something completely different

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: And now for something completely different
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2015, 03:02:16 PM »
My skreetz say JJ was caught with MJ. Then he got in a fight with a coach. Then he was caught stealing a Tag Heuer watch out of a defensive back's dorm room. Then they found out he was majoring in Public Relations.  Then he was overheard calling someone a nurra'.  Now he's day to day.

I blame Cam.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2015, 03:09:21 PM »
I blame Cam.

I thought we had cast all blame on the broken cell phone and the missing kidney.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2015, 03:33:31 PM »
:WE!!: :bus:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 05:49:17 PM by chinook »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2015, 03:46:08 PM »
I am wondering if Gus will run the "Air to fakie" and "Switch ollie" plays this week.

You've come so far. 

Everyone come see how good simp is posting!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2015, 04:17:44 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

JR4AU

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2015, 10:28:30 PM »
I think it may have been going on already. There was rumblings that JJ was late to practice on Sunday.
Then there was the interview with Rhett saying JJ was the man.

And now we get this. What the hell is going on over there!

They're making the change everybody wants and thought should have already been made.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2015, 10:33:42 PM »
I'm sure this has already been discussed, but what QBs have been successful in the Malzahn system for more than one year?

2009 (1st year under OC Malzahn):
JUCO Chris Todd Sr. (1st year, Really good year)
Kodi Burns Jr.
Neil Caudle Jr.
Barrett Trotter Fr.

2010:
JUCO Cam Newton Jr. (1st year, Heisman)
Neil Caudle Sr.
Barrett Trotter So.
Clint Moseley Fr.

2011 (Malzahn's final season as OC):
Barrett Trotter Jr.
Kiehl Frazier Fr.
Clint Moseley So.

2013 (1st year under HC Malzahn):
JUCO Nick Marshall Jr. (1st year, Really good year)
Kiehl Frazier Jr.
Jeremy Johnson Fr.

2014:
JUCO Nick Marshall Sr. (2nd year, really good year)
Jeremy Johnson So.
Jonathan Wallace Jr.
Sean White Fr.

2015:
Jeremy Johnson Jr.
Sean White RsFr.
JUCO Jason Smith Jr.
Jonathan Wallace Sr.
Tyler Queen Fr.

So, we'll see if Sean White can buck the trend of HS QBs. If it shows that he can't, my money will go towards Jason Smith.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 11:07:47 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2015, 10:44:37 PM »
I'm sure this has already been discussed, but what QBs have been successful in the Malzahn system for more than one year?

Marshall. Guy was a beast both years. Not perfect but an ultra athlete.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2015, 10:47:33 PM »
Marshall. Guy was a beast both years. Not perfect but an ultra athlete.

Ok, what QB has Malzhan recruited out of high school that ever amounted to anything?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2015, 11:12:58 PM »
Ok, what QB has Malzhan recruited out of high school that ever amounted to anything?

Mitch Mustain...oh, wait.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2015, 11:17:25 PM »
Mitch Mustain...oh, wait.
He's still plays in that lingerie league.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2015, 12:02:33 PM »
http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/QB-coach-Auburns-Sean-White-has-Brady-factor-39652510?utm_source=247Sports+Newsletter&utm_campaign=b3d3d937b4-150923_Auburn+Tigers&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b5300ae947-b3d3d937b4-221629909

QB coach: White has 'Brady factor'
Ryan Black
 Auburn Newsletter

Ken Mastrole has been a private quarterback coach for NFL draft choices Teddy Bridgewater, Tahj Boyd and EJ Manuel. And he’s tutored a slew of quarterbacks who dot college rosters across the country.

One of those is Auburn’s new starter, redshirt freshman Sean White, who Mastrole said is as talented as any quarterback he’s ever seen.

“Sean ranks right up there,” he said. “I know undoubtedly he has the arm talent, the arm strength, the anticipation and the moxie to play the position. I think he really embodies all those things. He’s definitely a guy that, when I look between his two ears, he has all of that. It’s the way that he’s wired.”

Every quarterback who has worked alongside White, Mastrole said, has “marveled” at the way the way the ball comes out of his hand and at his lightning-quick release.

But Mastrole said it is not White’s physical gifts that are his greatest asset as looks ahead to his first career start, which will come Saturday against Mississippi State in Jordan-Hare Stadium. Instead, it’s mental. The “Brady factor,” Mastroled dubbed it, after New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, who White has tried to model his game after in every respect.

“Obviously, all of these guys are talented enough or they wouldn’t have been recruited at the next level, regardless of whether you’re in a Power 5 conference or a smaller program,” Mastrole said. “But to be able to week in and week out take the ups and downs, take people that are your greatest fans but tomorrow could be your biggest enemies or your biggest critics, to be able to take all that in and be able to execute at a high level week in and week out at practice, that’s the biggest thing. It’s about compartmentalizing.”

Being able to sit out last season and take everything in benefited White, Mastrole said. That’s not to say White couldn’t have performed admirably as a true freshman last season.

Some things, Mastrole said, are just better learned through observation.

“I think that year of being able to travel with the team, go to places like Alabama, Ole Miss and see how to compete and play, I think that just gave him mental repetition,” Mastrole said. “It definitely helped being able to see it and be around those guys and really learn how that offense operates and the components within that offense. That typically takes a year to really digest for a quarterback.”

Former NFL quarterback Trent Dilfer said Tuesday he believes White should have been at the top of the depth chart far sooner. Dilfer worked with White at the Elite 11 quarterback camp and said White reminded him of New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees – but with an even stronger arm.

“I always thought he would be the guy,” Dilfer said in an interview on ESPN Radio. “I was shocked Jeremy Johnson was. He's a lot like Kyle Allen at Texas A&M. I think."

Mastrole said White's first start won't be without some bumps along the way. He won't be perfect. He might not even throw multiple touchdowns. But one thing he will be, Mastrole said, is consistent. He will help the Tigers move the ball efficiently and execute the offense correctly.

"I think he’s going to put them in the best position possible," Mastrole said. "He’ll probably have a couple of mistakes, but I think he’ll grade out high."

And that's just for starters.

"Over the course of the season, I think he’s only going to get better," Mastrole said. "I think he’ll improve each week. I firmly believe he’s the kind of guy that’s only going to get better and better with game reps. I think he’s shown he’s instilled confidence in the staff, and he’s going to continue to build on that going forward."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2015, 12:09:37 PM »
Didn't we used to have a guy that coached Tom Brady on staff?  Sure could have used him three years ago.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2015, 12:10:35 PM »
Too many great story's about White.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2015, 12:19:50 PM »
Too many great story's about White.
Same guy from the other story I posted. It was his QB coach.

I wouldn't read to much into it.  I expect White to struggle a bit, but I do believe we can win with him as QB.

This game is really pivotal.  Lose and we have San Jose State and a bye week and are looking at 3-2.

A win will do wonders for morale, especially over the next 3 weeks, before we get into the real shit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2015, 12:23:00 PM »

Yes, but I like my post better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2015, 12:23:50 PM »

I wouldn't read to much into it.  I expect White to struggle a bit, but I do believe we can win with him as QB.

This game is really pivotal.  Lose and we have San Jose State and a bye week and are looking at 3-2.

A win will do wonders for morale, especially over the next 3 weeks, before we get into the real shit.

Not only for the players and coaches but the fans too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

chinook

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2015, 01:50:08 PM »

Not only for the players and coaches but the fans too.

i don't care much for fair weather fans.  you are either on or your off.  nothing between.  you don't pack your shit in the closet or in a box and decide later to pull it out.  it is always out.

that noise is for bama fans. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2015, 01:53:57 PM »
i don't care much for fair weather fans.  you are either on or your off.  nothing between.  you don't pack your shit in the closet or in a box and decide later to pull it out.  it is always out.

:kimclap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2015, 02:07:12 PM »

Morale has nothing to do with being a fair weather fan. Morale is about feeling good about what is going on, the direction we are heading.  A win this Saturday would make the fans feel better, not all of a sudden start wearing their gear again.Played golf yesterday with my AU stuff on, didn't make feel better about the state of the program this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'