« on: September 22, 2015, 12:17:32 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Re: Sean White to Start MSU Game
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 12:19:20 PM »
Good to see the coaches finally pick the correct color for our starting QB.

EDIT - On another note and potentially more serious, Lawson is out for a while.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 12:21:00 PM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: And now for something completely different
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 12:25:51 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 12:27:04 PM »
Have a feeling he might stick with one main running back Saturday too.  Can we please return to our regularly scheduled programming?  You know, gay jokes and random movie quotes?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 12:36:22 PM »
Stolt this from the weekly presser: Barber will start and then we'll crap on him again.

Gus on Dak: "Their QB is one of the better players in college football. ... He's like another running back."
 Gus: Sean White is starting at quarterback against Miss St.
 Malzahn and Lashlee made the decision on Sean White this morning.
 Gus on Jeremy: "He's competitor. But he's a team guy, too. He'll support Sean, and he'll get reps still in practice."
 Gus: "From a coach's standpoint, you got to each week do what you feel like is going to help your team best"
 Gus: No regrets on not getting Sean White reps against LSU. "Felt like it was the right thing to do to get (Jeremy) back out there"
 Gus: "I feel good about Sean. ... His teammates will have a whole lot of confidence in him"
 Will QB be a week-to-week thing? Gus says they're taking it one game at a time.
 Gus on QB decision: It's more of what's best for the offense right now. ... Sean has earned that right and that's where we're at.
 Gus: "Sean White is a good quarterback. We expect Sean White to play well. ... We're looking forward to watching him play."
 Gus: Carl Lawson is going to be out for an extended period of time. "Hopeful we'll get him back before the season is out."
 Gus: Carl "is disappointed. He's a great competitor. He's our defensive leader. ... It's extremely hard on him. He's discouraged."
 Byron Cowart "definitely could" get more involved with defense now that Carl Lawson is out for extended period of time, Gus says
 Gus: Jason Smith and J-Wall could get reps at QB this week ... but they're both WRs
 Gus on Jason Smith: Don't want to say too much if it's Wildcat or normal offense. ... It could be Wildcat"
 Gus: Peyton Barber will probably be the first guy out there at RB, but expect to see all four guys
 What is Auburn's offense good at? Gus: "I think we can run the football. ... I still think we're gonna be really efficient in passing game"
 Gus: "We got to get back to getting positive yards on first down."
 Gus on defensive assessment: "We got to get better. ... Will can put a plan together to do a better job in this area."
 Gus: "We need exactly what happened in 2013. ... It feels exactly like it did in 2013 after the LSU game." Need leaders to emerge
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Re: Sean White to Start MSU Game
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 12:40:59 PM »

EDIT - On another note and potentially more serious, Lawson is out for a while.
Till November from what I heard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 12:41:12 PM »
Gus: "We need exactly what happened in 2013. ... It feels exactly like it did in 2013 after the LSU game." Need leaders to emerge

I am hoping this happens especially now the players have seen the coaches do what needs to be done at QB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 12:53:12 PM »
Sean White just named starter for the MSU game.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/gus-malzahn-announces-new-starting-quarterback/

Should have done this 1/2 time at LSU game and he would have "some" game experience.

How bad must JJ have been at Monday practice for this to happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 01:20:11 PM »

Should have done this 1/2 time at LSU game and he would have "some" game experience.

I think it may have been going on already. There was rumblings that JJ was late to practice on Sunday.
Then there was the interview with Rhett saying JJ was the man.

And now we get this. What the hell is going on over there!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 01:23:53 PM »
Thank you Jesus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2015, 01:44:20 PM »
I think it may have been going on already. There was rumblings that JJ was late to practice on Sunday.
Then there was the interview with Rhett saying JJ was the man.

And now we get this. What the hell is going on over there!

Rumor mill said he wasn't at practice at all.   Rhett didn't exactly say JJ was the man.  He said, He is the starter at this moment and we'll see what happens or something to that extent.  Not exactly a vote of confidence.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2015, 01:58:47 PM »
My skreets say he missed part of practice....and there was a fight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2015, 02:00:37 PM »
My skreets say he missed part of practice....and there was a fight.
I'm assuming that if JJ threw a punch, no one was actually hit then, right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2015, 02:06:30 PM »
I'm assuming that if JJ threw a punch, no one was actually hit then, right?

The D ended up catching every punch thrown.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2015, 02:11:22 PM »

Actually disagree with this, mentioned this in another thread.  No reason to throw the kid in their in a losing battle in a hostile environment.  Get him installed in practice as QB1 get him game ready and he starts the game in the friendly confines of JHS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2015, 02:12:44 PM »
My skreetz say JJ was caught with MJ. Then he got in a fight with a coach. Then he was caught stealing a Tag Heuer watch out of a defensive back's dorm room. Then they found out he was majoring in Public Relations.  Then he was overheard calling someone a nurra'.  Now he's day to day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2015, 02:16:10 PM »
I'm happy for all the White peoples.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2015, 02:16:57 PM »
My skreetz say JJ was caught with MJ. Then he got in a fight with a coach. Then he was caught stealing a Tag Heuer watch out of a defensive back's dorm room. Then they found out he was majoring in Public Relations.  Then he was overheard calling someone a nurra'.  Now he's day to day.

This guy agrees with you:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2015, 02:45:11 PM »
I am wondering if Gus will run the "Air to fakie" and "Switch ollie" plays this week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2015, 03:00:52 PM »
Rumor mill said he wasn't at practice at all.   Rhett didn't exactly say JJ was the man.  He said, He is the starter at this moment and we'll see what happens or something to that extent.  Not exactly a vote of confidence.

Make sense, he wasn't at the games either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'