Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Official Tank Thread of 2015

Official Tank Thread of 2015
« on: September 20, 2015, 12:15:56 PM »
So let's go ahead and face it. We're not making a bowl game.  Gus Malzahn is basically the second coming of Terry Bowden, and Auburn is years away from being competitive in SEC football.

So let's not win another game, fire Jay Jacobs, and fire Gus.  I have never been more embarrassed being associated with a team than I was yesterday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Official Tank Thread of 2015
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 12:31:12 PM »
So let's go ahead and face it. We're not making a bowl game.  Gus Malzahn is basically the second coming of Terry Bowden, and Auburn is years away from being competitive in SEC football.

So let's not win another game, fire Jay Jacobs, and fire Gus.  I have never been more embarrassed being associated with a team than I was yesterday.

I put him more along the lines of Chizik, he can win he just needs a horse to carry him. Can't coach up mediocre talent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 06:42:46 PM »
I put him more along the lines of Chizik, he can win he just needs a horse to carry him. Can't coach up mediocre talent.

Take money and run...err retire and become an analyst on espn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 08:58:10 PM »
Take money and run...err retire and become an analyst on espn.
I just hope his teaching certificate is still good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

JR4AU

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 09:33:50 AM »

Old coaching adage: "You can lose with talent, but you can't win without it."  I am, and unless he's disgraced by some off field issues, will always be a Gus fan. However, according to all "the experts" this team, on hoof, appears to be as talented as any there are.  I've not kept up with recruiting the last few years, but understand that the crootin' numbers should back that up.  Gus is losing with talent right now.  And it's not just a team picked to win the SEC...read as set the expectations level high...then isn't living up and likely to "only win 9".  This team looks as hapless as the end of the Bowden or Tubs era.  Maybe in different ways, but hapless all the same and likely not even to go bowling.  It's bad, real bad.  Is it just a bad set of physically talented players with bad chemistry?  Is it systemic?  (Rodney Garner told me last year the major problem with the Chiz era was that they never stopped recruiting the players once they got on campus...meaning they didn't make them tough and hard...they pampered them)  Is it the old Auburn "ghosts from the pasts" that hang around the program and meddle?  I don't know...I just know it's bad. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 09:47:23 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 09:48:34 AM »
Old coaching adage: "You can lose with talent, but you can't win without it."  I am, and unless he's disgraced by some off field issues, will always be a Gus fan. However, according to all "the experts" this team, on hoof, appears to be as talented as any there are.  I've not kept up with recruiting the last few years, but understand that the crootin' numbers should back that up.  Gus is losing with talent right now.  And it's not just a team picked to win the SEC...read as set the expectations level high...then isn't living up and likely to "only win 9".  This team looks as hapless as the end of the Bowden or Tubs era.  Maybe in different ways, but hapless all the same and likely not even to go bowling.  It's bad, real bad.  Is it just a bad set of physically talented players with bad chemistry?  Is it systemic?  (Rodney Garner told me last year the major problem with the Chiz era was that they never stopped recruiting the players once they got on campus...meaning they didn't make them tough and hard...they pampered them)  Is it the old Auburn "ghosts from the pasts" that hang around the program and meddle?  I don't know...I just know it's bad.

It's. The. Fucking. QB.

I don't know why this is so hard for people to understand...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 10:12:54 AM »
It's. The. Fucking. QB.

Yes

But he is not the reason the defense is so soft.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 10:35:45 AM »

Yes

Yes. He is.

He invented cancer, too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2015, 10:41:34 AM »

Yes

Yes. He is.

He invented cancer, too.

Correct, after reading other threads I can understand why the defense goes into "I don't give a fuck mode".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2015, 12:45:22 PM »
Yes. He is.

He invented cancer, too.

If we go with this logic, then yes.  It's all JJ.  He also came up with the Obamacare concept too.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 02:03:32 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2015, 01:07:16 PM »
If we go with this logic, the yes.  It's all JJ.  He also came up with the Obamacare concept too.

Damn, dude ain't got nothing working for him.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 02:14:23 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2015, 02:03:56 PM »
Well well

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Lashlee-says-Johnson-starter-right-now-at-QB-39602382?utm_source=247Sports+Newsletter&utm_campaign=4fe148e184-150921_Auburn+Tigers&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b5300ae947-4fe148e184-221629909

Lashlee says Johnson 'starter right now' at QB
Phillip Marshall - 18 hours ago 49

Offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee said Sunday that he expects junior Jeremy Johnson, who has struggled through three games, to remain Auburn's starting quarterback in Saturday's game against Mississippi State at Jordan-Hare Stadium.

Asked if he expected Johnson to start again ahead of redshirt freshman backup Sean White, Lashlee said "Yeah. He's our starter right now, and I believe that come Saturday the guys we put out there are going to play hard and play fast and represent Auburn the right way."

Johnson, who threw five interceptions in Auburn's first two games, threw another one in a 45-21 loss to LSU, lost a fumble and recovered his own fumble for an 18-yard loss when the ball slipped off his hand. Lashlee said he expected better at Tiger Stadium.

"He practiced well last week," Lashlee said. "I fully expected him to play well. I fully expected us to play well. It didn't happen. We have a young team. I don't know if being in a hostile environment for the first time had anything to do with it. I have no idea. I know we didn't play well, and they had a lot to do with it. We have our work cut out for us to get better and go win a ballgame."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2015, 02:04:25 PM »
It's. The. Fucking. QB.

Because I see other issues.  I get what everyone is saying about JJ.  He's the biggest issue, he's not the only issue. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2015, 02:14:14 PM »
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

My gosh. Im gonna throw a hammer at someone if anymore of this bullshit spews from his mouth.

The whiskey idea has become an even better idea. I am bound to vomit at some point this Saturday, might as well funnel some Beam while I'm at it. The blonde can drive.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2015, 02:17:06 PM »
Well well

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Lashlee-says-Johnson-starter-right-now-at-QB-39602382?utm_source=247Sports+Newsletter&utm_campaign=4fe148e184-150921_Auburn+Tigers&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b5300ae947-4fe148e184-221629909

Unfortunately, I think when they do, and they will eventually make the change, we're going to see why they were so reluctant despite all the evidence of need for change.  Think about just how fucking bad the backups have to be if they're not even considering it at this point. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2015, 02:19:20 PM »
Unfortunately, I think when they do, and they will eventually make the change, we're going to see why they were so reluctant despite all the evidence of need for change.  Think about just how fudgeing bad the backups have to be if they're not even considering it at this point.

If you're going to suck with a Junior QB vs a Freshman QB, I just assume suck with the freshman one, so maybe he won't suck by the time he's a junior.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2015, 02:21:31 PM »
Unfortunately, I think when they do, and they will eventually make the change, we're going to see why they were so reluctant despite all the evidence of need for change.  Think about just how fucking bad the backups have to be if they're not even considering it at this point.

Thats the thing, I have seen JJ play last year and he did NOT look like this. That tells me his is screwed up in the head. This in of itself tells me the backup right now is the better choice. Because, well, they haven't had that chance yet. Besides, I am pretty sure the coaches already had it in their head JJ would be the starter because of his actual game experience. Apparently they still are locked in to this thought.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2015, 02:22:16 PM »

They usually base all of this off practice, which apparently JJ does wonderfully. But dude takes 5 steps down the ladder in game. Does White? Does Smith? If they do too, then yes we have systemic issues. Im just not sure how it can get much worse. White may not have the gigantic mental blocks JJ does. Smith provides a change of concept back to dual threat/read option.....opposing teams would be thrown a curveball by the latter. We really just need a game mgr at this point. Just don't LOSE us games which is what JJ is doing.

I also think JJ may be more a symptom of what you said....something bigger at play here. He's just the bulk of the issue and the most glaring problem that has the most negative effect.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE