Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

6 mos. in prison

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
6 mos. in prison
« on: September 17, 2015, 05:04:00 PM »
for putting a rope on a statue.  :facepalm:
Terrible gesture, very poor decision and idiotic. But, prison?  :facepalm:
And decisions like this are what cause people to hate the government. I don't want to understand the federal statute that would even make it possible for this federal judge to come to this conclusion. I don't need to. I can just look at the basic facts in this case and know that it's dumb and that the consequences don't fit the crime. If it really even is a crime for someone to be an idiot.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/man-who-helped-place-noose-on-ole-miss-statue-gets-prison/ar-AAedZ03?li=AAa0dzB&ocid=DELLDHP
JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — A former University of Mississippi student who admitted helping place a noose on a statue of a civil rights activist is going to prison.

A federal judge sentenced Graeme Phillip Harris on Thursday to six months in prison beginning Jan. 4, and 12 months' supervised release. Harris' lawyer argued he didn't deserve jail time.

Harris pleaded guilty in June to a misdemeanor charge of using a threat of force to intimidate African-American students and employees. Prosecutors say he and two other former students placed a noose on the statue of James Meredith, a black man who integrated Ole Miss amid rioting in 1962.

A second man, Austin Reed Edenfield, had been scheduled to plead guilty Wednesday. That hearing was postponed. The third former student has not been charged.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: 6 mos. in prison
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 05:33:55 PM »
Let a minority knocked down Regan, Washington or some white dudes statue and he'll never see the inside of a court room. Most likely will get a federal gubment payout.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'