Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Week 2

chinook

Re: Thoughts - Week 2
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2015, 11:16:24 AM »
How about the TE playing?  That shit got real.

I don't want JJ running the read option...designed QB run plays, yes.

And I blame in the mix the 9:00 am start.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2015, 11:20:14 AM »
How about the TE playing?  That shit got real.

I don't want JJ running the read option...designed QB run plays, yes.

And I blame in the mix the 9:00 am start.

Tight end? Who is it?

If he is running he ain't throwing.

Eggs and Kegs. Good start to a day.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 11:24:32 AM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

jmar

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2015, 11:23:44 AM »

Tight end? Who is it?

If he running he ain't throwing.

Eggs and Kegs. Good start to a day.
That's beautiful!

#winning
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2015, 01:13:43 PM »
I'll tell YOU what I get plenty of: What is it Sunday?
I'm already sick of the recurring weekly Carl Lawson Watch that's going to play out the rest of this season.
Call me a crusty old insensitive bastard (or worse) but we can't possibly be leaning on that (just like last season) as an excuse for getting diced up like we did yesterday.
You are a crusty old insensitive bastard. Or, possibly worse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2015, 01:38:49 PM »
Wait, for the past two years we finished down in the 90's in D and y'all expected a top 10 D overnight?  Pretty apparent with the way we played D the past two years we suck aND we don't have the gretest players in the world.  Wanting a bunch of true freshmen to turn it around in one season? 

Y'all for real?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

jmar

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2015, 01:48:53 PM »
You are a crusty old insensitive bastard. Or, possibly worse.
Sticks and stones bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2015, 01:54:17 PM »
Wait, for the past two years we finished down in the 90's in D and y'all expected a top 10 D overnight?  Pretty apparent with the way we played D the past two years we suck aND we don't have the gretest players in the world.  Wanting a bunch of true freshmen to turn it around in one season? 

Y'all for real?
No I'm actually for top 40ish, reduce yards per carry, turn towards the ball, swarm to the ball. The rest of these motherfuckers are just being wishful pricks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2015, 06:22:13 PM »
I'm a benefit-of-the-doubt giving motherfucker right now.  We should roll a DII team and snooze through the process.  As pointed out, however, this DII school is loaded with former SEC players with legitimate skill. 

Barge and Gonzalez made some absolute circus catches despite good coverage.  There were some busts, but that is to be expected with a backfield full of true frosh.  The story on the DBs in the preseason has been proven correct: talented starters, but woefully thin on experience behind them.  The youngsters showed obvious improvement as they got comfortable in the game and they earned some valuable live action experience.  Expect this group to be improved in Baton Rouge with the return of Countess and (presumably) Matthews.

The LBs have been frustratingly out of sync: Cass is playing like a man possessed and Frost is running wild and over pursuing the plays.  I noticed that Darrell Williams (he's our defensive #4, right?) was getting big chunks of playing time in the 2nd half.

The interior D-Line has been getting good push.  Monty Adams and Devonte Lambert are frequent visitors in the opposition's backfield.  Kennion is a non-factor at End/Buck and Cowart is showing flashes of dominance at the same positions but he can't play consistently for some reason.  Is it possible that while we recognize his high level of play, we are totally underestimating Lawson's value to our defensive line and, by extension, our defense as a whole?  Are we beholden to one player's presence? 

I submit that the fundamentals of this defensive unit are far superior to those under Johnson in that we're breaking down and tackling like actual football players and not launching at the ball like a SCUD fired from the top of a sand dune somewhere.  I trust the coaching on that side of the ball and feel like we're going to see this group become a team strength sooner rather than later.

This is where I'm supposed to consider the offense by wailing and gnashing and what not.  I won't.  Jeremy's well-documented fuck-ups are disturbing and, hopefully, fixable.  We've seen him perform at a high level, against elite competition and excel.  He can do this, but it's up to the coaches to figure out how to get him focused again.  It would also be optimal if his wide receivers would not drop the rare ball that is thrown on target.  When your QB is struggling but he finally puts one on the money, you have to make the play.  All of that said, White needs some warm-up time shortly after kickoff.  Just in case.

The receivers are mostly performing well and there were some instances of excellent blocking for the run game yesterday.  Of the entire group Louis looks most like the guy who came to play.  The aforementioned drops are presumably curable since we've seen most of this group display good-to-elite pass catching ability.

I'm not sure why there is any debate as to who has shown the most potential as the starting running back.  Give Peyton Barber the ball and watch him grind yards.  The guy reminds me of Tre Mason in his low pads and propensity to fall forward for an extra 2-3 yards per carry.  Mix Roc in for sweeps and wheel routes (loved seeing that play again...shades of Ronnie Brown), but let Barber carry the load.  Kerryon Johnson was impressive for a young guy and looks like he could be Corey Grant 2.0.

Finally, the O-line deserves some mention.  While not the road-grading force that was expected, yesterday appeared to be a live-action experiment.  There was lots of rotation at each position (with Braden Smith playing at least 2 positions) and I have to think that wasn't a panicked decision, that there was forethought to that much substitution.  The lack of consistency and chemistry led to unsteady run blocking and pass blocking that often found someone rolling around Jeremy's feet, preventing a decent plant.  Hopefully, this was a calculated risk against an assumed foregone win.  If the O-line is, in fact, as unsettled as it appeared to be, then they are in serious trouble in Baton Rouge.

I think the opponent was underestimated, the offense in flux and the defense undermanned.  It was a perfect storm which was weathered by the good guys.  LSU might tear us a new asshole, but they're going to have to show up and try.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2015, 06:39:17 PM »
8 SEC transfers. One not playing(Sigler). Like 16 DIV I transfers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2015, 06:53:02 PM »
As pointed out, however, this DII school is loaded with former SEC players with legitimate skill. 

8 SEC transfers. One not playing(Sigler). Like 16 DIV I transfers.

Yeah when I heard some people using that excuse, I just think, "They might have a "bunch" of division I players, but we have 85."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2015, 06:57:48 PM »
I figured we'd drop a couple of spots, but 12 spots to 18?

Damn. Ward is hitting the beaver pretty hard there.

Not that any of that matters. But still!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2015, 08:35:07 PM »
For the record, Jax State is Div 1, like we are. Not div II.

They are fcs, I believe it's known as now but still 1aa to me. Just didn't want people thinking a div II school beat us for 99% of the game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2015, 09:31:06 PM »
I'm a benefit-of-the-doubt giving motherfucker right now.  We should roll a DII team and snooze through the process.  As pointed out, however, this DII school is loaded with former SEC players with legitimate skill. 

Barge and Gonzalez made some absolute circus catches despite good coverage.  There were some busts, but that is to be expected with a backfield full of true frosh.  The story on the DBs in the preseason has been proven correct: talented starters, but woefully thin on experience behind them.  The youngsters showed obvious improvement as they got comfortable in the game and they earned some valuable live action experience.  Expect this group to be improved in Baton Rouge with the return of Countess and (presumably) Matthews.

The LBs have been frustratingly out of sync: Cass is playing like a man possessed and Frost is running wild and over pursuing the plays.  I noticed that Darrell Williams (he's our defensive #4, right?) was getting big chunks of playing time in the 2nd half.

The interior D-Line has been getting good push.  Monty Adams and Devonte Lambert are frequent visitors in the opposition's backfield.  Kennion is a non-factor at End/Buck and Cowart is showing flashes of dominance at the same positions but he can't play consistently for some reason.  Is it possible that while we recognize his high level of play, we are totally underestimating Lawson's value to our defensive line and, by extension, our defense as a whole?  Are we beholden to one player's presence? 

I submit that the fundamentals of this defensive unit are far superior to those under Johnson in that we're breaking down and tackling like actual football players and not launching at the ball like a SCUD fired from the top of a sand dune somewhere.  I trust the coaching on that side of the ball and feel like we're going to see this group become a team strength sooner rather than later.

This is where I'm supposed to consider the offense by wailing and gnashing and what not.  I won't.  Jeremy's well-documented fuck-ups are disturbing and, hopefully, fixable.  We've seen him perform at a high level, against elite competition and excel.  He can do this, but it's up to the coaches to figure out how to get him focused again.  It would also be optimal if his wide receivers would not drop the rare ball that is thrown on target.  When your QB is struggling but he finally puts one on the money, you have to make the play.  All of that said, White needs some warm-up time shortly after kickoff.  Just in case.

The receivers are mostly performing well and there were some instances of excellent blocking for the run game yesterday.  Of the entire group Louis looks most like the guy who came to play.  The aforementioned drops are presumably curable since we've seen most of this group display good-to-elite pass catching ability.

I'm not sure why there is any debate as to who has shown the most potential as the starting running back.  Give Peyton Barber the ball and watch him grind yards.  The guy reminds me of Tre Mason in his low pads and propensity to fall forward for an extra 2-3 yards per carry.  Mix Roc in for sweeps and wheel routes (loved seeing that play again...shades of Ronnie Brown), but let Barber carry the load.  Kerryon Johnson was impressive for a young guy and looks like he could be Corey Grant 2.0.

Finally, the O-line deserves some mention.  While not the road-grading force that was expected, yesterday appeared to be a live-action experiment.  There was lots of rotation at each position (with Braden Smith playing at least 2 positions) and I have to think that wasn't a panicked decision, that there was forethought to that much substitution.  The lack of consistency and chemistry led to unsteady run blocking and pass blocking that often found someone rolling around Jeremy's feet, preventing a decent plant.  Hopefully, this was a calculated risk against an assumed foregone win.  If the O-line is, in fact, as unsettled as it appeared to be, then they are in serious trouble in Baton Rouge.

I think the opponent was underestimated, the offense in flux and the defense undermanned.  It was a perfect storm which was weathered by the good guys.  LSU might tear us a new asshole, but they're going to have to show up and try.

Agree with 7/8th's or 93.5% of this.  FYI...#4 is Jeffrey Holland, who Muschamp said would get lots of PT right away.  100% on Johnson.  Keep White at the ready but work harder at fixing JJ's brain farts.  Guy's got major talent.  Get him focused on every play.  I may be in the minority...but then again, this board is all about racism...but I'm just not close to bailing on this guy.  Maybe sit him a series or two if he fucks up in the Rude and give him a different perspective.  Hey, Super Bowl winner Joe Flacco opened the season with 117 yards, 2 picks and one of which was a pick 6.  Hall of Famer, Peyton Manning threw for a whopping 175, no TD's and 2 INT's, one of which was a pick 6. Shit happens...but keep White limber.

As for Lawson.  Are we that beholden to one player?  I'll answer with an emphatic YES!!!!  Lawson is that good.  Louisville's QB doesn't get outside all second half if Lawson is in.  JSU's QB doesn't pick and choose his spots all game if Lawson is in.  Lawson is a guy that makes everyone better.  You HAVE to account for him every play, freeing up everyone else to go one on one.  Louisville scrapped for field goal tries the entire first half.  Lawson goes out...nobody in to disrupt or chase people down.  Lawson is Derrick Thomas good.  He just has to get past the injury bug and stay on the field.  If Lawson (and Trigga Tray) are 100% this weekend...game on, bitches. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2015, 09:53:09 PM »
For the record, Jax State is Div 1, like we are. Not div II.

They are fcs, I believe it's known as now but still 1aa to me. Just didn't want people thinking a div II school beat us for 99% of the game.
Can only hope the result will prove to have a sobering affect on our team. That was a well coached disciplined opponent that was as determined as any other Auburn will face. We have enough talent but lack what they have.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2015, 06:17:01 AM »
JSU went on the road last year to open the season and lost 45-7 at Michigan State. 

Last week they opened at Chattanooga and outpunched the mighty Noogfucks 23-20. 

This was a very good team. Similar to Utah State.  The might have even had Tongans. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2015, 07:40:46 AM »
JSU went on the road last year to open the season and lost 45-7 at Michigan State. 

Last week they opened at Chattanooga and outpunched the mighty Noogfucks 23-20. 

This was a very good team. Similar to Utah State.  The might have even had Tongans.

You know, there may be something else to this.

How many Jacksonville State graduates do you know? I know a few. They have a pretty good education department, so I worked with some teachers who were JSU grads.

All Bama fans. Every JSU graduate I know is a die hard Bama fan. In fact, some of the worst Bama fans I know are JSU graduates.

That wasn't just JSU's Super Bowl; it was their Iron Bowl.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2015, 09:03:23 AM »
Agree with 7/8th's or 93.5% of this.  FYI...#4 is Jeffrey Holland, who Muschamp said would get lots of PT right away.  100% on Johnson.  Keep White at the ready but work harder at fixing JJ's brain farts.  Guy's got major talent.  Get him focused on every play.  I may be in the minority...but then again, this board is all about racism...but I'm just not close to bailing on this guy.  Maybe sit him a series or two if he fucks up in the Rude and give him a different perspective.  Hey, Super Bowl winner Joe Flacco opened the season with 117 yards, 2 picks and one of which was a pick 6.  Hall of Famer, Peyton Manning threw for a whopping 175, no TD's and 2 INT's, one of which was a pick 6. Shit happens...but keep White limber.

As for Lawson.  Are we that beholden to one player?  I'll answer with an emphatic YES!!!!  Lawson is that good.  Louisville's QB doesn't get outside all second half if Lawson is in.  JSU's QB doesn't pick and choose his spots all game if Lawson is in.  Lawson is a guy that makes everyone better.  You HAVE to account for him every play, freeing up everyone else to go one on one.  Louisville scrapped for field goal tries the entire first half.  Lawson goes out...nobody in to disrupt or chase people down.  Lawson is Derrick Thomas good.  He just has to get past the injury bug and stay on the field.  If Lawson (and Trigga Tray) are 100% this weekend...game on, bitches.
TL;DR this or Wes. I assume y'all want to see the surfer kid too? Even I am ready to see the white boy.

I'm ready to start the chant: "Put the white boy in!....Put the white boy in!"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2015, 09:09:01 AM »
TL;DR this or Wes. I assume y'all want to see the surfer kid too? Even I am ready to see the white boy.

He is gnarly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2015, 09:14:10 AM »

That's racist...wait...is it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum