Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Question for the Legal Experts

Question for the Legal Experts
« on: September 03, 2015, 12:09:32 PM »
Serious question for those with estate law/mortgage law knowledge, not named WT:

If one purchases property (complete with title insurance) and then finds out, after the fact, that there are other parties who in fact had legal deeded interest on the property besides just the original seller but who were not disclosed/discovered by the title researcher prior to that initial sale and closing (and who in all likelihood have no idea of their part-interest)... where does that leave the buyer?

Would this have been the title company's responsibility or the attorney? Is this a situation covered by the purchaser's title insurance? Is the mortgage company liable? How does one resolve the issue?

And um, I'm asking for a friend...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Question for the Legal Experts
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 12:12:20 PM »
There is an expert on this very topic within our midst.  Wes4AU
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 12:36:44 PM »
Serious question for those with estate law/mortgage law knowledge, not named WT:

If one purchases property (complete with title insurance) and then finds out, after the fact, that there are other parties who in fact had legal deeded interest on the property besides just the original seller but who were not disclosed/discovered by the title researcher prior to that initial sale and closing (and who in all likelihood have no idea of their part-interest)... where does that leave the buyer?

Would this have been the title company's responsibility or the attorney? Is this a situation covered by the purchaser's title insurance? Is the mortgage company liable? How does one resolve the issue?

I started to answer this, but realized I don't know enough of shit about it to give you any reasonable advice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 12:49:25 PM »
You know what, I have the answer but I refuse to give it. See if I ever give you advice anymore buddy. And I mean it.

I'm probably not going to at all. I wasn't even going to put a comment in your thread, since you put that smart remark in there about excluding WT and all. But I decided to.

And seriously, I may not give you any advice anymore, since you don't seem to value my opinion. At least for a little while, anyway. I'm stepping back. And I'll let someone else answer your question.

I won't even get involved with the fact that you actually have "title insurance" which is a product specifically designed for such an occurrence or several situations that I'm aware of that are similar.

I'll just keep my suggestions to myself buddy. Here to fore and whatnot. I may not have an accredited law degree per se but I can assure you that I know much more about the law than any here that "claim" to be attorneys.

You don't need to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows friend. And I can tell when I'm not wanted. That's fine.

I'll just step aside. Good luck.

You won't hear much more from me about it. Not for a while.

Hope it works out for you.

I'll just move along to another thread where I know that my input is valued. And there are several on here, mind you. I won't go into all that but there here.

That's all I'm saying bucko.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

JR4AU

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 08:31:59 AM »

If you get hit by 18 Wheeler call snags.  Get a DUI or need Divorce I can help.  Property law?  I know the Rule in Shelly's case and the rule against perpetuities which is only helpful on law school exams and the bar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 08:45:59 AM »
If you get hit by 18 Wheeler call snags.  Get a DUI or need Divorce I can help.  Property law?  I know the Rule in Shelly's case and the rule against perpetuities which is only helpful on law school exams and the bar.

While not exactly the answer I'd hoped for, this is actually useful knowledge unto itself. Though I do pray I never need to recall it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 09:18:17 AM »
While not exactly the answer I'd hoped for, this is actually useful knowledge unto itself. Though I do pray I never need to recall it.
Actually, if you get hit by an 18 wheeler you'd better call da amberlamps before you call Snags. Snags ain't doing shit if you got blood and stuff all over you but handing you a neck brace and a business card.

Did you find anything in my earlier post useful? I don't mean to say I told you so but obviously I know quite a bit about the law. Sorry if I came across crass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 09:21:09 AM »
Actually, if you get hit by an 18 wheeler you'd better call da amberlamps before you call Snags. Snags ain't doing shit if you got blood and stuff all over you but handing you a neck brace and a business card.

Did you find anything in my earlier post useful? I don't mean to say I told you so but obviously I know quite a bit about the law. Sorry if I came across crass.

No, you call me first.  I'll call da amberlamps for you.  We need to get that trucking company information as soon as possible.

Call me.  I AM your attorney!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 09:23:52 AM »
No, you call me first.  I'll call da amberlamps for you.  We need to get that trucking company information as soon as possible.

Call me.  I AM your attorney!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2015, 09:47:13 AM »
Call the Texas hammer.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2015, 09:59:30 AM »

It would be simpler to list the things from the posts of WT that aren't found useful. Sometimes I forget I'm reading the words of a modern man and not from the wisdom of a Pauline Epistle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2015, 10:18:02 AM »
I find it hard to believe that these guys are really named Hammer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2015, 10:23:41 AM »

Think about me.  I was this close!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2015, 10:33:50 AM »

Call the amberlamps first, then no needs to call Snags - he'll be chasing right behind it
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2015, 10:52:15 AM »

I always thought the 'Texas" hammer commercial would be much more entertaining if he was wearing hammer pants and at the end of the commercial he hammered shuffled and said" you can't touch this"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

chinook

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2015, 11:04:27 AM »

I always thought the 'Texas" hammer commercial would be much more entertaining if he was wearing hammer pants and at the end of the commercial he hammered shuffled and said" you can't touch this"

that's a terrible idea. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2015, 11:41:12 AM »
I didn't mean to forget to pimp Taylor and VV for Tax issues as well.  Wes done got his props here. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2015, 11:44:11 AM »
I didn't mean to forget to pimp Taylor and VV for Tax issues as well.  Wes done got his props here.

don't forget...sweets. well, if you need legal advice on hanging drywall.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2015, 11:44:31 AM »
that's a terrible idea.

Well, your opinion means so much to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2015, 11:48:55 AM »
don't forget...sweets. well, if you need legal advice on hanging drywall.

Damn all the fucking la...wait wha?  I thought she was the landscape lawyer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions