Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Putcher High School Foosballz Here

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Putcher High School Foosballz Here
« on: August 21, 2015, 10:37:02 AM »
High school football started up fo realz last night with a bunch of games played around the State.  Most teams crank it up tonight with a few still having Jamborees.  I'm trying to decide between several local games tonight.  Going to pick up my boiled peanuts this afternoon and then head out to some Friday night lights.  Come home, grab a cocktail and watch the highlights at 10:30 on WTVY Friday Night Football.  Dizzam I love this time of year. 

Football in this area has been down overall in recent years as far as talent goes.  Picked up a good bit last year with Elba winning it all in 2A and Dale County making it to JHS in 4A (Or was it 3A?)  The Dothan Eagle puts out a high school preview on all the area teams every year.  Dothan High should be decent again this year and I noticed their O-line averages 290. Sweet 10 1/2 pound baby Jesus.  (Hey, guys are getting bigger every year)

Anyone checking out your team tonight?  Prattville in the house?  K? Wiregrass Tiger?  What's it look like in Baldwin County?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Putcher High School Foosballz Here
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 10:43:10 AM »
Fairhope vs Robertsdale. Shouldn't be much to it but of course this is Carter's first game after leaving Auburn High and I'm hearing that most aren't expecting much with a new QB, so it could be a closer game than thought.

I think Foley and Spanish Fort both have new coaches if I'm not mistaken. Foley guy moved up to college as Director of Football for Troy. Spanish Fort new coach was a good hire, imo. He came from Gulf Shores, Ben Blackmon. Up and coming young guy. They will be good again in 5A, I assume.

I'll go to the F'hope and Robertsdale game tonight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 11:05:32 AM »
Cullman may not have their typical season, and may miss the playoffs for the first time in a long time.  I was talking to the HC last week and he is feeling the pressure, so if they don't make it, it might just be his last season to roam the sidelines.  They've got some decent skill guys but their line on both sides of the ball is really small.  Especially for a 6A team.

None of the Cullman County schools will make any noise this year (not much different from any other year), and may only have one or two of them make the playoffs.

I will be at Hayden tonight to officiate them against Susan Moore.  Hayden got Fultondales coach last year, so it will be interesting to see how he has them playing this year. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 11:06:00 AM »
My Hewitt-Trussville Huskies host the 2014 Tennessee State Champs tonight (Montgomery Bell Academy).  I expect nothing less than a tight game with lots of fireworks a 30 point drubbing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 11:20:08 AM »
Pell City heads up I-22 to take on the cross burners of Walker County over in Jasper.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 11:41:34 AM »

I'll go to the F'hope and Robertsdale game tonight.

Will be splitting time between Spanish Fort ( which did NOT make a great hire IMO and will take a few steps back in the coming years)  and the Daphne/Davidson game. 

I hate Daphne's Bama bubba head coach but I got kid there. She likes her team even though she doesn't know a soul who plays.  I think every starter on both sides of the ball is black. Or was the last time I went.  Other than at TBHS I don't think I'd ever seen an all black OL. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2015, 11:45:30 AM »
Clay Chalkville headed up to Murfreesboro, TN to play Blackman. The Cougars go in ranked #18 in the country with much of the same offensive team as last years 6A champs team. I heard it is to be on ESPN. Also Hoover will be up there playing another TN team. Both games played at MTSU.

Meanwhile the scrappy bunch of 70 lbs Cougars will be playing tomorrow morning at 9am against the Pinson Valley Indians. This will not be on TV.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2015, 11:51:39 AM »
Will be splitting time between Spanish Fort ( which did NOT make a great hire IMO and will take a few steps back in the coming years)  and the Daphne/Davidson game. 

I hate Daphne's Bama bubba head coach but I got kid there. She likes her team even though she doesn't know a soul who plays.  I think every starter on both sides of the ball is black. Or was the last time I went.  Other than at TBHS I don't think I'd ever seen an all black OL.
You may be right (which is really unusual) about them taking a step back at the Fort, I dunno. They are always loaded with talent though. Enough talent to compete with most any team at 6 and 7A as a 5A school, as you'll probably agree. How they've been able to attract and keep that talent is a little suspect but they've had it.

I just think Blackmon is a good guy. As I'm sure you know, his brother is coach at Opelika and I like him too.

Anywho, be glad to meet you at half of the Daphne Fairhope game and rumble if you like. I've been wanting to kick your ass for a long time. Bring your crew. I don't need one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2015, 11:52:28 AM »

Fred Riley at Davidson was a GA under Dye at Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2015, 11:54:31 AM »
When did HS start back around there? Dang, kids here in Texas just started this week.

Slowed my roll to work, freaking school zones.   :getoff:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2015, 12:20:48 PM »
Still one of the keenest high school games I've ever been to was a game of The Woodlands High just outside of Houston.  Forget who they played but beat the poor schleps into submission.  They ran about 90 kids out there and the amazing thing was just about every one of them was a senior. They can do that with a senior class of well over 1,000 kids. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Ogre

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2015, 12:27:24 PM »
Still one of the keenest high school games I've ever been to was a game of The Woodlands High just outside of Houston.  Forget who they played but beat the poor schleps into submission.  They ran about 90 kids out there and the amazing thing was just about every one of them was a senior. They can do that with a senior class of well over 1,000 kids.

This should be moved to your "Cool Story Bro" thread.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2015, 12:36:10 PM »
Central PC heads to Stockbridge GA to play.

Central is #2 in 7A in Al (behind Hoover). And top 50 nationally. 

Stockbridge is top 10 in 5A in Georgia, and was a playoff semi finalist last year.

Underrated game. Both teams chockful of D1 talent. Auburn committment John Broussard (DB) plays for CHS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2015, 12:47:55 PM »
Still one of the keenest high school games I've ever been to was a game of The Woodlands High just outside of Houston.  Forget who they played but beat the poor schleps into submission.  They ran about 90 kids out there and the amazing thing was just about every one of them was a senior. They can do that with a senior class of well over 1,000 rich kids.

FTFY
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2015, 01:06:53 PM »
You may be right (which is really unusual) about them taking a step back at the Fort, I dunno. They are always loaded with talent though. Enough talent to compete with most any team at 6 and 7A as a 5A school, as you'll probably agree. How they've been able to attract and keep that talent is a little suspect but they've had it.

I just think Blackmon is a good guy. As I'm sure you know, his brother is coach at Opelika and I like him too.

Anywho, be glad to meet you at half of the Daphne Fairhope game and rumble if you like. I've been wanting to kick your ass for a long time. Bring your crew. I don't need one.

I only say that because nothing can last forever.  The guy who left SF set himself up as a demi-God.  Hard legacy to follow. 

In a way he's sort of a Gene Chizik hire.  Nice guy from all accounts, but underperformed at Gulf Shores.  They were like 21-20 and in four years and were 8-3 in one of those.  13-17 over three seasons.   4-6 last season. Only one playoff game, a loss, in four seasons. 

Freeman (his predecessor) struggled at GS, too if  I remember right.  But he was (as I understand it) a major asshole.  This guy isn't. 

As far as how they get talent?  Yeah.  Always questions about that.  There was a lot of pissed off people the way things were redrawn when the school was first started in terms of what kids were pulled from Daphne.  It was like they were setting up a private school.  Of course the same things were said about Daphne back when it split from Fairhope in the day. 

Hate to disappoint you but I will not make the SF-Daphne game.  I'll be in Baton Rouge to see LSU and Florida.  Guest of a bayou bengal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2015, 02:02:47 PM »
This should be moved to your "Cool Story Bro" thread.

Oh yeah?  Well.....then you just shut up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2015, 05:33:36 PM »
I've only been to 2 high school football games since I quit playing in the 60's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2015, 06:55:29 PM »
I've only been to 2 high school football games since I quit playing in the 60's.
Me and my baby in '69
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2015, 10:46:17 PM »
Pell City lost to Walker 17-16
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2015, 12:15:57 AM »
Headed out to the stadium and headed back to the crib.  Thunderstorms knocked out half the games in this area.  Stopped at Smokey Joe's on the way back in to get 10 honey barbecue wings and some cole slaw.  So the night was not a total loss. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions