Lucille wept

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Lucille wept
« on: May 15, 2015, 09:19:16 AM »
http://loudwire.com/bb-king-dies/

Blues Legend B.B. King Dies at 89
By Spencer Kaufman May 15, 2015 7:20 AM

Sad news to report, as blues legend B.B. King has passed away at the age of 89. The all-time guitar great died Thursday night (May 14) in Las Vegas, where he had been in home hospice care after being briefly hospitalized for dehydration related to his Type II diabetes in April. The news was confirmed by his daughter Claudette in a post on Facebook.
Armed with his trusted guitar Lucille, King was a giant in the music world, influencing such artists as Eric Clapton and the late Stevie Ray Vaughan. He won 15 Grammys during the course of his career, with the first coming in 1970 for his signature hit “The Thrill Is Gone.” But his first hit record dated back to 1951, when he spent four months on top of the charts with the tune “Three O’Clock Blues.”
King recorded more than 50 albums during a career that lasted nearly 70 years. He would tour the world relentlessly, sometimes playing 250 shows per year. Among his many albums was a collaboration with Clapton on 2000′s Riding With the King.
Born Riley B. King in Mississippi, the guitarist earned the name B.B. on the streets of Memphis where he was known as the Beale Street Blues Boy, which was shortened to Blues Boy and eventually B.B.
King had been married and divorced twice, and while he did not have any children with his two wives, he admittedly fathered 15 children around the world.
We’d like to send our condolences to King’s family and loved ones during this difficult time, and we’d also like to thank B.B. King for his tremendous contribution to the music world.

Read More: Blues Legend B.B. King Dies at 89 | http://loudwire.com/bb-king-dies/?trackback=tsmclip
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Lucille wept
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 09:31:10 AM »
RIP to a great!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 10:08:55 AM »
Glad I was lucky enough to see him preform live.  He puts on a good show.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 10:19:52 AM »
I regret I never saw him perform.

I've always loved him. BB was the total package. And a real blues man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 11:14:01 AM »
Huge loss. Awesome musician. Awesome person. What a talent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 11:35:00 AM »
I saw him in NOLA once, at a concert in the old Municipal Auditorium in 2001.  Smallish venue, and he and Lucille brought down the house.  He was opening for Van Morrison, but BB was BY FAR the better show, and I am saying that as a huge fan of Van Morrison's music.  Van is a terrible live performer due to his agoraphobia and so BB salvaged the night for us. 

A great loss to music for sure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 11:35:50 AM »
Sad news. RIP BB King!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 04:54:57 PM »
Also glad I got to see him at Spring Fest in Pensacola.  Can't remember who all the other headlines I saw but I do remember his show. RIP B.B.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 05:11:55 PM »
I saw him in NOLA once, at a concert in the old Municipal Auditorium in 2001.  Smallish venue, and he and Lucille brought down the house.  He was opening for Van Morrison, but BB was BY FAR the better show, and I am saying that as a huge fan of Van Morrison's music.  Van is a terrible live performer due to his agoraphobia and so BB salvaged the night for us. 

A great loss to music for sure.

Saw him here in Dallas a few years ago, It's really a loss for people who love his music. His show was about the music not about him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 11:40:36 AM »
I thought Imagine Dragons did a nice job with Stand By Me at the billboard awards.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2qir3l_imagine-dragons-stand-by-me-billboard-music-awards-2015_music
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 11:39:35 PM »
I thought Imagine Dragons did a nice job with Stand By Me at the billboard awards.

You do realize that B.B. King and Ben E. King are two different black men, right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2015, 08:47:00 AM »
You do realize that B.B. King and Ben E. King are two different black men, right?

Do I really have to say it?

You people wouldn't get it anyway.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 08:49:19 AM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2015, 10:44:00 AM »
Of course he knew that. He simply thought it German to the conversation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2015, 06:20:49 PM »

Of course he knew that. He simply thought it German to the conversation.

Was that before or after they bombed the Pearl Harbor?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE