Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I may live to regret sharing this news here

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: I may live to regret sharing this news here
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2015, 03:03:53 PM »
This thread really really sucks.
The thread does suck, yes. But, I have used the two pics of Catfish's new fiancé several times already over the last two days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2015, 03:07:32 PM »
Read all the advice.  Take to heart what applies to the life you and your bride make for yourselves.  Screw a list.  You won't read it any more than you will New Year's Resolutions.  Just try to make sure you marry someone that's your friend first.
Your wife was your first friend? That's kind of weird if you ask me but whatever works. Was it like a pre-arranged kind of deal since y'all were 6 years old or something?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2015, 03:10:28 PM »
Your wife was your first friend? That's kind of weird if you ask me but whatever works. Was it like a pre-arranged kind of deal since y'all were 6 years old or something?

No, I had a troubled childhood.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2015, 03:45:44 PM »
Don't do it. If you marry outside of your heritage, you will suffer mightily!

If she can't say War Eagle, dump it!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2015, 03:48:00 PM »
No, I had a troubled childhood.

Doesn't look like your adulthood is anything to write home about either.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2015, 03:54:41 PM »

Doesn't look like your adulthood is anything to write home about either.   

Actually, they call me E.T.

Extra Testicle
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2015, 04:53:35 PM »
Don't do it. If you marry outside of your heritage, you will suffer mightily!

If she can't say War Eagle, dump it!

Good news is she can and has. If not for Alma Mater loyalties (which I respect), I think I could bring her over to the light side.

And if I've gotta follow another SEC West team, at least it's fun to watch Les.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2015, 06:48:47 PM »
K's big mistake was letting her opinions and hers alone dictate what they listened to, what they ate, etc.  I am not a beer drinker, but he is, so we go to a local brew pub to eat every now and then, and I am the DD.  I am willing to compromise and work around my wants and needs to make him happy because I love him - and he does the same for me.  There are very few things I will absolutely refuse - like sit with him at the LSU game.  Otherwise, whatever it is - like holidays with his family - ain't gonna kill me. 

There were more mistakes than that.  But there was also no compromise.  It was pretty quickly "I'm not going to listen to that shit" when Boston, Kansas, Journey or something I liked came on and the radio turned to Alan Jackson or something else equally shit-tastic.  No negotiation. Just raw fury if there was any effort on my part to find some middle ground.  She's been angry all her life and I could never change it.  I tried, though, but the more I tried the worse it seemed to get.  Her way or the highway.  Fuck what anybody else wants. 

I'm scarred from it.  Seriously.  It changed my personality. 

« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 10:45:43 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2015, 09:21:52 PM »

So... how do you approach that transition from best friend to something else?  What's the awkward scale there?

Um...stop being a pussy and growing a sack would be a start...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2015, 09:40:26 PM »
There were more mistakes than that.  But there was also no compromise.  It was pretty quickly "I'm not going to listen to that shit" when Boston, Kansas, Journey or something I liked came on and the radio turned to Alan Jackson or something else equally shit-tastic.  No negotiation. Just raw fury if there was any effort on my part to find some middle ground.  She's been angry all her life and I could never change it.  I tried, though, but the more I tried the worse it seemed to get.  Her way or the highway.  Fuck what anybody else wants. 

So... how do you approach that transition from best friend to something else?  What's the awkward scale there?

That wasn't intended as a slam on you, believe it or not. I'm sure at first you accommodated just to be nice, or keep the peace, whatever, and then she came to expect it. Road to hell and good intentions and all that. You sound as relieved to be out of that relationship as I was when my divorce papers were signed. Good for you.

The best friend transition came after a fancy company Christmas party his company threw at a local country club. We were dressed up, had a nice evening, great food and wine, dancing... And at my door, he asked for a kiss good night, totally out of the blue. I was surprised enough to agree before I remembered we were just friends, and his kiss was just a simple peck on the lips before he ran like a scalded dog. Not so much that if it were unwelcomed, it could be awkward, but just enough to pique my interest and give me something to think about. He waited until NYE to try again, and then I kissed him back.  Waited a bit longer to get horizontal just to make sure. Sparks flew. Engaged six months later.

I'd try the subtle, simple kiss-and-run and see what happens. No sparks? No harm, no foul. Sparks? Give it another try later and go from there. Don't go for the gusto and get nekkid until you are sure it's the right thing to do.  You really can't unring that bell.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2015, 10:11:42 PM »
Um...stop being a pussy and growing a sack would be a start...

I just pissed my Jockey's.  The quintessential X response.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2015, 10:14:20 PM »
I just pissed my Jockey's.  The quintessential X response.
He missed his calling as an advice columnist!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2015, 10:49:07 PM »
That wasn't intended as a slam on you, believe it or not. I'm sure at first you accommodated just to be nice, or keep the peace, whatever, and then she came to expect it. Road to hell and good intentions and all that. You sound as relieved to be out of that relationship as I was when my divorce papers were signed. Good for you.

The best friend transition came after a fancy company Christmas party his company threw at a local country club. We were dressed up, had a nice evening, great food and wine, dancing... And at my door, he asked for a kiss good night, totally out of the blue. I was surprised enough to agree before I remembered we were just friends, and his kiss was just a simple peck on the lips before he ran like a scalded dog. Not so much that if it were unwelcomed, it could be awkward, but just enough to pique my interest and give me something to think about. He waited until NYE to try again, and then I kissed him back.  Waited a bit longer to get horizontal just to make sure. Sparks flew. Engaged six months later.

I'd try the subtle, simple kiss-and-run and see what happens. No sparks? No harm, no foul. Sparks? Give it another try later and go from there. Don't go for the gusto and get nekkid until you are sure it's the right thing to do.  You really can't unring that bell.

Was really just a rhetorical question.  Didn't date my best friend in high school becsuse it seemed awkward. Difficult transition. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Token

« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2015, 11:21:59 PM »
It's much easier to just marry your sister.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2015, 01:32:34 AM »
Was really just a rhetorical question.  Didn't date my best friend in high school becsuse it seemed awkward. Difficult transition.

But don't you have a bestie of the female persuasion right now?  Excuse me for getting your harem mixed up. Seems to me that if she's free, what do you have to lose?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2015, 08:55:17 AM »

Awkward. Ppppppft. Life is awkward.

It's also a finite thing. And the best we can make of it is to pack it full of as many experiences and opportunities we're able. An unfortunate side effect of age is curmudgeonly. Hell I've got friends in their mid-twenties through early thirties who are already content to go through the motions of work, home, sleep, repeat and rarely inject any spontaneity into that routine. I share a couple photos from a backpacking trip and they think I'm Meriwether Lewis. That's awkward.

I'm not saying that's you, because by all accounts, you have experienced plenty... but screw it man, Catphucius say, "More experiences are always worth taking the chance of screwing up and looking dumb. If you get to come back in another life, go for her next time. Difficult? Hell yeah. At least you will have tried, will have your answer, and will have lived a little more than the rest in the process."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2015, 09:06:56 AM »

You know what though you shouldn't be to hard about it I know 25 years and you are jaded.  Honestly though you married the love of your life and something tragic happened and then you remarried.  Don't jade the kid.  :cool:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2015, 09:51:27 AM »
It's much easier to just marry your sister.

The hell it is.

You have one little retarded baby and she thinks its all your fault!

I am glad I dumped her ass for my cousin!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2015, 09:53:45 AM »
The hell it is.

Well in all fairness it did break loose of the chain and hump that baby goat. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2015, 01:31:49 PM »
The hell it is.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg