Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Post A-Day Tidbits

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Post A-Day Tidbits
« on: April 18, 2015, 05:49:53 PM »
So, I am sitting here watching the A-Day replay and, holy schnikes, AU as an excellent RB trio. Yes, I know its A-Day but DAYUM! Peyton Barber has legs like Bo Jackson and is damn bruiser. Roc is very shifty and fast as shit. Da boi hits a hole lightning quick. Both JJ and White look pretty accurate and running the offense. The WRs are all working very hard to catch everything coming their way.

My main concerns coming in are the new OL and obviously the defense. I don't think the OL will have any issues whatsoever with the new look, even at Center. The defense to me looks to be really flying to the ball and not near as sloppy looking in years past. There was pressure on the QB, LBs commanding he defense and the secondary playing on the hips of the WRs. All this with 6 of their main starters not playing. Not bad. At least promising for 2015.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: Post A-Day Tidbits
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 06:34:10 PM »
We shall be a force in 2015.  :bus: :boom:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 07:56:03 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 08:10:04 PM »
To add to that, Roc looked exactly like the 5 star we recruited. A-Day or not, you don't make those moves with that balance even when no one is trying to tackle you.  And like Simp said, Barber looked powerful and badass.  I'll throw in a BIL comment or two. He was at a coaching clinic on the Plains for 3 days last week and the consensus was Jovon needs to drop about 10.  Yeah again, it's A-Day but he looked a step slow and whole lot of meh.

JJ is the man. All the throws.  All the touch and he can knock your ass down with it when he needs to.  One thing I noticed was his deeper balls (I said deep balls) are very similar to Jason Campbell's. He's on target but needs some more air under it.  White looked confident and sharp but hard to tell.  Running with the 2's and he rarely threw anything more than 10 yards down field.  I think at half he had 106 yards on 15 completions.

We're loooooaded with playmakers.  Not enough balls to go around.  Marcus Davis was outstanding, doing things I've never seen him do.  Several times, he made the catch then broke some poor defender's ankles.  Lot of YAC for MD.  One prediction. By the time his career is over, we're going to be real glad we signed a guy named Myron Burton.  Nuff said.

Defensively, the 1's kicked ass. We're big and deep at LB and in all seriousness, once Lawson and Lambert get back to 100%, we'll be able to run 10-11 guys across the front.  Back to BIL.  He talked to Lambert last week and he doing some running and said he's about 70% but should be good to go in the fall.  The other thing was he got to talk for a good while to Rodney Garner told him he has one player with sure fire, first round NFL talent.  Called him a "Silverback Gorilla" about 5 times. Strong, quick, mean, physical.  Can do whatever he wants....when he wants to. Devaroe Lawrence (94).  Said he's that good but can't coach the lazy out of him.  Takes 4 out of 5 plays off. Reminds me...and this was just my impression...of Nick Fairley as  junior.  Once about every 3 games, Fairley would do something to make you go "Damn".  And then disappear.  Apparently, he figured out millions were on the line his senior year. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 08:27:18 PM »
I was really impressed with Tyler Queen. If I had to pick the backup right now, he'd be it. Very accurate and moved the offense superbly.

We've got to get more plays to Melvin Ray. That dude is freaking huge and he catches everything. Marcus Davis looked really good. We are set at WR & RB.

Defensively, the boys got after it. #92 on the end looks like a giant. The DBs knocked down some passes and look improved.  Trigga Trey was all over the field and got the big interception in the endzone. The back judge flagged him for unsportsmanlike conduct for saluting the crowd. Bullcrap call - nothing excessive.

All in all, it was a great day down on the Plains. I stopped by to catch the last 2 innings of the baseball game. Blah.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 10:17:45 PM »
Dem Prattville boys in da house!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 10:38:32 PM »
I am not surprised that Gus decided to go ahead and put any potential QB controversy to bed by naming a starter after the game and I'm glad that he did. After today's performance, he left little doubt. Congrats to Tucker Tubberville.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

djsimp

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 10:49:02 PM »
I am not surprised that Gus decided to go ahead and put any potential QB controversy to bed by naming a starter after the game and I'm glad that he did. After today's performance, he left little doubt. Congrats to Tucker Tubberville.

I enjoyed watching Tubs Jr. That was fun. The kid has heart.

Seriously though, when is the last time any of you remember the QB position being so deep at AU. For me, never. This is fun to watch. It was only a few years ago that we all were hoping for at least one solid QB. Now, pfffft.

I can't fn wait till ATL. Hey, just curious, will Dyer still be playing for Louisville next year?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 11:01:02 PM »
I enjoyed watching Tubs Jr. That was fun. The kid has heart.

Seriously though, when is the last time any of you remember the QB position being so deep at AU. For me, never. This is fun to watch. It was only a few years ago that we all were hoping for at least one solid QB. Now, pfffft.

I can't fn wait till ATL. Hey, just curious, will Dyer still be playing for Louisville next year?
All bs aside, Tubbs did a good job and showed speed. And u be scraight up about qb depth. I honestly couldn't tell a lot of difference between JJ's and Whites passes re arm strength and accuracy. Both looked polished and poised but I think most of us realize JJ is likely our man. And he looked like it.

Roc stood out. Chandler Cox looked pressive the few times I watched him block and Dayuuum what a catch by a FB!

Agree with Snags on 84--at least I think that was Burton. Ray, Davis and Duke looked good. Dukeay have dropped one or two, I don't know if they were tipped or what. But that almost one handed catch was just a carryover from last year. Dude think any ball in the air belongs to him and he shows it.
End of day, thinking we have 2 QBs again that could start for most Sec teams.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 11:44:39 PM »
All bs aside, Tubbs did a good job and showed speed. And u be scraight up about qb depth. I honestly couldn't tell a lot of difference between JJ's and Whites passes re arm strength and accuracy. Both looked polished and poised but I think most of us realize JJ is likely our man. And he looked like it.

Roc stood out. Chandler Cox looked pressive the few times I watched him block and Dayuuum what a catch by a FB!

Agree with Snags on 84--at least I think that was Burton. Ray, Davis and Duke looked good. Dukeay have dropped one or two, I don't know if they were tipped or what. But that almost one handed catch was just a carryover from last year. Dude think any ball in the air belongs to him and he shows it.
End of day, thinking we have 2 QBs again that could start for most Sec teams.

You hit on a huge point.  Chandler Cox was beating bitches up.  Kamryn Pettway was running first team and looked damn good.  The HB position is in great hands for the next few years. Pettway is huge and agile and Cox is just a mean, strong sumbitch.

Here's the deal.  We've got playmakers out the ass and experienced O-linemen.  This offense will produce as expected under Malzahn and Lashlee.  Book it.  The key is defense.  If Boom rounds this D into a solid unit...meaning..you don't have to be top 5 in the nation but top 30-40 will do...we contend for the crown.  If not....enjoy last year again.  But, I'm really stoked that this D is going to be vastly improved. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2015, 12:43:44 AM »
You hit on a huge point.  Chandler Cox was beating bitches up.  Kamryn Pettway was running first team and looked damn good.  The HB position is in great hands for the next few years. Pettway is huge and agile and Cox is just a mean, strong sumbitch.

Here's the deal.  We've got playmakers out the ass and experienced O-linemen.  This offense will produce as expected under Malzahn and Lashlee.  Book it.  The key is defense.  If Boom rounds this D into a solid unit...meaning..you don't have to be top 5 in the nation but top 30-40 will do...we contend for the crown.  If not....enjoy last year again.  But, I'm really stoked that this D is going to be vastly improved.

Agreed to both you and WT, there are no worries with the offense whatsoever.

The D, yes is a concern, but just A Day in of itself, I saw a resemble of the AU defense of old. That is players hustling and players flying to the ball. Rarely did I see solo tackles. I saw players flying to the ball time and time again. Its been a minute since I have seen that. I saw hustle and grit. That too has been a minute. No, it was not perfect but a vast improvement and that being without several projected starters and the phenom called Cowart. I am stoked to say the least. I don't think there will be any team that can match the offensive prosperity that AU will provide. If the D keeps in stride with what it has change so far, 2015 could be as dominant as 2004 no question.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2015, 12:46:00 AM »
One last favor to the media, please project AU as a middle of the pack team next year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2015, 04:47:59 AM »
The offensive line star according to the guys in the booth was Xavier Dampeer who shut down Adams in the middle. That's good news for depth leaving us an extra option at both center and tackle when somebody needs a blow or gets nicked up. Not to rain on anybody's cloud (Stan took the day off) but we've had A-Day stars revert back to normal before. Somebody needs to put chubby Jovon in the sweatbox so he can get that step back. Definitely going to need another option/bruiser in this league. Proud to hear of the FBs showing out too. Q was very pleased with how the D responded to different looks, screens and general energy level...w help on the way. Carry on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2015, 08:10:05 AM »
The offensive line star according to the guys in the booth was Xavier Dampeer who shut down Adams in the middle. That's good news for depth leaving us an extra option at both center and tackle when somebody needs a blow or gets nicked up. Not to rain on anybody's cloud (Stan took the day off) but we've had A-Day stars revert back to normal before. Somebody needs to put chubby Jovon in the sweatbox so he can get that step back. Definitely going to need another option/bruiser in this league. Proud to hear of the FBs showing out too. Q was very pleased with how the D responded to different looks, screens and general energy level...w help on the way. Carry on.

I need a blow.  You offering?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2015, 09:18:45 AM »
I need a blow.  You offering?
No however I'm told 2 out of three here will oblige.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 09:20:29 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2015, 09:57:32 AM »
Dem Prattville boys in da house!
Yep! Hide yo signs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2015, 09:18:28 AM »
No however I'm told 2 out of three here will oblige.

Meatloaf likes those odds.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2015, 09:20:29 AM »

Meatloaf likes those odds.
They ain't bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2015, 09:56:46 AM »

There is something else we have now in the QB position that I really like, and that is a precedent set by Gus and JJ that you are not gonna come in and start as a freshman.  You are gonna do your time on scout team, pay your dues as a backup and learn the offense and how things work in college.  I think this is a highly underrated thing.
I have nothing against starting a freshman is he is good enough to start but 999/1000 he is not good enough to start it's just he is better than everyone else you already have which means they are for shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2015, 10:56:39 AM »
which means they are for shit.

And we has Auburn fans have seen our share of this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions